• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Nice interview. Loads of improvement left in Deuce. I reckon he will bag us a dozen or more goals this season.

Maybe AVB isn't that concerned about who bought who, but just wants to create the best possible team from the players he's got?

Clint Dempsey admits to enduring a frustrating start to life at Tottenham Hotspur, but feels his form is steadily improving.

Spurs snapped Dempsey up over the summer after seeing him net 23 times for Fulham last season, with his performances drawing plenty of praise.

The USA international has struggled to produce those heroics at White Hart Lane, though, with the target found just twice in 17 outings.

Dempsey was, however, able to put in a lively display in a 3-1 victory over West Ham United on Sunday and believes he is starting to find his feet in a central playmaking role.

He told London 24: "I've been frustrated with not really getting on the ball, getting into the game and impacting games. I was able to give a bit more of an angle and drive with the ball a little bit more, and take some more shots and try to create chances for other people.

"It's good to play a part in two of the goals and I was a little bit unlucky not to get one myself, hitting the bar.

"It was a game I enjoyed because I'm a player that needs to get on the ball. I'm better getting it on the half-turn and then facing my opponents, rather than always playing with my back to goal.

"I thought I did a better job of getting on the angles where I could get on the turn and drive forward."

Adjustment

Dempsey added: "I'm traditionally used to playing in a 4-4-2 system when I'm the guy on the left, but I'm not really an out-and-out winger. I'm someone who comes inside and I'm more like an attacking inside-left player.

"Being more central is good because you're in a position where you see more of the ball, but it's about getting on the ball and making the movements that's going to allow you to do that. I'm starting to do a better job in that respect.

"It's just about learning how to play with this team. Every team is different and there's a period of adjustment.

"I didn't have a pre-season with them, or anybody, so I'm trying to play catch-up a little bit and trying to adjust to this team and the style that they play."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8285704/Clint-Dempsey-feels-his-form-is-slowly-improving-at-Tottenham

I read this article earlier and have to say I was impressed with the attitude and recognition of the fact that he has been pretty much p€$s poor. Great to hear a player say that he has been looking at new ways of working to fit in

I slagged him off all the way to WHL yesterday but will admit that after the game I was impressed by his contribution. He has to deliver that level of attacking impetus 90% of the time

Clint Dempsey admits to enduring a frustrating start to life at Tottenham Hotspur, but feels his form is steadily improving.

Spurs snapped Dempsey up over the summer after seeing him net 23 times for Fulham last season, with his performances drawing plenty of praise.

The USA international has struggled to produce those heroics at White Hart Lane, though, with the target found just twice in 17 outings.

Dempsey was, however, able to put in a lively display in a 3-1 victory over West Ham United on Sunday and believes he is starting to find his feet in a central playmaking role.

He told London 24: "I've been frustrated with not really getting on the ball, getting into the game and impacting games. I was able to give a bit more of an angle and drive with the ball a little bit more, and take some more shots and try to create chances for other people.

"It's good to play a part in two of the goals and I was a little bit unlucky not to get one myself, hitting the bar.

"It was a game I enjoyed because I'm a player that needs to get on the ball. I'm better getting it on the half-turn and then facing my opponents, rather than always playing with my back to goal.

"I thought I did a better job of getting on the angles where I could get on the turn and drive forward."

Adjustment

Dempsey added: "I'm traditionally used to playing in a 4-4-2 system when I'm the guy on the left, but I'm not really an out-and-out winger. I'm someone who comes inside and I'm more like an attacking inside-left player.

"Being more central is good because you're in a position where you see more of the ball, but it's about getting on the ball and making the movements that's going to allow you to do that. I'm starting to do a better job in that respect.

"It's just about learning how to play with this team. Every team is different and there's a period of adjustment.

"I didn't have a pre-season with them, or anybody, so I'm trying to play catch-up a little bit and trying to adjust to this team and the style that they play."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8285704/Clint-Dempsey-feels-his-form-is-slowly-improving-at-Tottenham

I read this article earlier and have to say I was impressed with the attitude and recognition of the fact that he has been pretty much p€$s poor. Great to hear a player say that he has been looking at new ways of working to fit in

I slagged him off all the way to WHL yesterday but will admit that after the game I was impressed by his contribution. He has to deliver that level of attacking impetus 90% of the time

Again, one thing you could never accuse him of is lack of effort or application...I remain very happ he is a part of our squad, and hope on Wednesday he gets chances to makehis mark even more...

Again, one thing you could never accuse him of is lack of effort or application...I remain very happ he is a part of our squad, and hope on Wednesday he gets chances to makehis mark even more...

It would be very sweet if he could perform well against Liverpool. Sigurdsson too.
Rawk would be well worth a read if that happens.

While digging in the AVB thread I found this: 'We have enough cover without him. Moutinho's transfer not happening should not overshadow the fact we have pulled off one of the biggest coups of the transfer market with Clint Dempsey, who is a player who can really help us to go one step further.'

While digging in the AVB thread I found this: 'We have enough cover without him. Moutinho's transfer not happening should not overshadow the fact we have pulled off one of the biggest coups of the transfer market with Clint Dempsey, who is a player who can really help us to go one step further.'

Going to enlighten us as to the author of such a comment?

There was some great rotation by Bale, Defoe and Dempsey today. Dempsey was out the left frequently while Bale was in the centre. Defoe came left for Bale too that was why he was back making that tackle he nearly got sent off for. Defoe dropped deep and Dempsey was in Defoe's position alot too, noticeably for Defoe's first goal.
Great to see some understanding out there.

Agreed. Much much better than the Wigan game when they all looked like statues rooted to their spots

Adjustment

now that is interesting.....lots of hope amongst that there is more to come from Dempsey. The same applies to Siggy.

I was his biggest critic after Lazio, but the guy looked decent against West ham and needs to continue in that vain! A change of position and a lack of Preseason may have us see Clint in a different light in 2013 i guess!

Back