• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

So if we end up selling a 25% stake for £1bn is there a way within the rules that allows us to spend that on the team?

I know we can spend something like £400m currently within the rules so would this go up to £1.4bn?
The time when we had £400m of wriggle room with FFP has long since passed.

An ITK called WLB just said this about Levy (If you can understand his grammar!)

There’s a feeling this window could go from 0-100 after discussions . levy really isn’t stable in his way of thinking and I feel yes it may show signs of backing but it would be so reactionary rather then proactively navigating this window the right way . Hopefully that made sense

Then...

I could go on all day but I’m done now. Expect a busy 2 weeks I hope it will satisfy us.

Just to add, He has also said more than once that he thinks the club will move forward without Levy soon so he could just be ranting again.. I suppose we'll see soon enough

An ITK called WLB just said this about Levy (If you can understand his grammar!)

There’s a feeling this window could go from 0-100 after discussions . levy really isn’t stable in his way of thinking and I feel yes it may show signs of backing but it would be so reactionary rather then proactively navigating this window the right way . Hopefully that made sense

Then...

I could go on all day but I’m done now. Expect a busy 2 weeks I hope it will satisfy us.

He has got the right initials for sure.:D

He says Cheatski lost £900k per week during Abramovich's 19 years. Hard to compete with that, eh.

Shhh ... don't you know the reason we have failed all these years is because we cheapened out on £5M here and there for x player?

What's worse is United spend more than them .. for what return?

Shhh ... don't you know the reason we have failed all these years is because we cheapened out on £5M here and there for x player?

What's worse is United spend more than them .. for what return?

Money talks and it usually wins titles ... united, Everton, have recruited terribly of late but when you spend the money and get the actual players required then yes it works.

I dont get your comment tbh

Money talks and it usually wins titles ... united, Everton, have recruited terribly of late but when you spend the money and get the actual players required then yes it works.

It was a joke mate

- So many people think the difference between where we are and success is a few million (if only the cheap basterds at ENIC would stop hording our profits and spend another £xM we would have trophies)
- Yet you see Chelsea lost £46M/year for 19 fudging years, >£870M in losses, United has spent >£1.2B in the post SAF era
- That kind of spend would bankrupt Spurs ..

But the absolute refusal of people to even grasp the basics of that ..

Not really
Even with city’s money it took quite a lot of time to get it right and a lot of really poor signings too
The key with money isn’t what you spend, but what you can afford to waste or lose
We can’t afford to lose big money as we don’t have subsidised income
Arsenal can’t unless their owner injects more money in like he has (they were gazumped for Mudryk)
Pool are similar as their owners aren’t subsidising the club anymore
United owners have stopped taking as much out to allow them to spend
The rest of the clubs in the division can’t afford to exist without owner subsidies apart from Brentford possibly

Not really
Even with city’s money it took quite a lot of time to get it right and a lot of really poor signings too
The key with money isn’t what you spend, but what you can afford to waste or lose
We can’t afford to lose big money as we don’t have subsidised income
Arsenal can’t unless their owner injects more money in like he has (they were gazumped for Mudryk)
Pool are similar as their owners aren’t subsidising the club anymore
United owners have stopped taking as much out to allow them to spend
The rest of the clubs in the division can’t afford to exist without owner subsidies apart from Brentford possibly

Long winded way of saying money talks?

Back