• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Im predicting we get Zaniolo and Porro over the line in the last few days of the window. We have had rumours again of Gvardiol but I think we all know how unlikely that is

Would be nice for a change to shift some players out this window and make some space. I know January is tough but last season Arsenal shifted about 10 players out didn't they, Which even left them a bit short to be honest but still, proves you can find clubs if you try hard enough.

It was a joke mate

- So many people think the difference between where we are and success is a few million (if only the cheap basterds at ENIC would stop hording our profits and spend another £xM we would have trophies)
- Yet you see Chelsea lost £46M/year for 19 fudging years, >£870M in losses, United has spent >£1.2B in the post SAF era
- That kind of spend would bankrupt Spurs ..

But the absolute refusal of people to even grasp the basics of that ..
Operating at a loss only bankrupts a club if the owners aren't prepared to invest funds equating to SOME of their asset gain (after all the Chelsea sale price proved they were anything but bankrupt). We were absolutely desperate for a liquidity injection towards the end of our stadium build. It's all conjecture of course, but I think a capital injection then would've generated equivalent funds anyway through us being able to rebuild from a position of strength and stay in the top 4. We've been paying for that since really.

Operating at a loss only bankrupts a club if the owners aren't prepared to invest funds equating to SOME of their asset gain (after all the Chelsea sale price proved they were anything but bankrupt). We were absolutely desperate for a liquidity injection towards the end of our stadium build. It's all conjecture of course, but I think a capital injection then would've generated equivalent funds anyway through us being able to rebuild from a position of strength and stay in the top 4. We've been paying for that since really.

I don't disagree that a liquidity injection potentially/probably could have paid off.

To clarify, that isn't what Abramovic did, his "investments" always sat as loans on the clubs books (something that absolutely could bankrupt the club and something that UEFA is clearly trying to avoid owners doing in the future if you look at the new rules coming in)

The fact is we could argue all day long

- Is it highly likely that ENIC putting in £200M-£300M during the stadium build period would have resulted in better results? yes
- Has Everton's £500M and Chelsea's current £400M shown that you can also burn through that money and get worse results? yes

Someone made a risk assessment decision and chose not to.

For what it's worth, Arsenal (as they seem to be flavor of the month) made exactly the same choice with their stadium build and it's cost them a decade (and even then, only with further owner cash injection), so if ENIC manages to recover in 3-4 years (we were only out of CL for 2 years, this year's end result obviously unknown, even unlikely) including Covid times, it's actually not horrendous.

But it's irrelevant at the end of day, ENIC operates the club the way they do (Self sustained), it's unlikely to change, I struggle with the "it's wrong" but it won't get us further than where we are.

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but last night we were linked with Gvardiol for £96m, BILD had reported it I think.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

I don't disagree that a liquidity injection potentially/probably could have paid off.

To clarify, that isn't what Abramovic did, his "investments" always sat as loans on the clubs books (something that absolutely could bankrupt the club and something that UEFA is clearly trying to avoid owners doing in the future if you look at the new rules coming in)

The fact is we could argue all day long

- Is it highly likely that ENIC putting in £200M-£300M during the stadium build period would have resulted in better results? yes
- Has Everton's £500M and Chelsea's current £400M shown that you can also burn through that money and get worse results? yes

Someone made a risk assessment decision and chose not to.

For what it's worth, Arsenal (as they seem to be flavor of the month) made exactly the same choice with their stadium build and it's cost them a decade (and even then, only with further owner cash injection), so if ENIC manages to recover in 3-4 years (we were only out of CL for 2 years, this year's end result obviously unknown, even unlikely) including Covid times, it's actually not horrendous.

But it's irrelevant at the end of day, ENIC operates the club the way they do (Self sustained), it's unlikely to change, I struggle with the "it's wrong" but it won't get us further than where we are.
Actually Amramovich's loans did NOT sit on Chelsea's books at all. Abramovich used an investment company he owed called Fordstam Limited. Abramovich provided loans to Fordsam Limited and Fordstam limited (who's registered address was Stamford Bridge!) put that money into Chelsea FC as equity (not debt).

Fordstam Limited (owned by Roman Abramovich) owed Roman Abramovic a vast sum of money. However Chelsea FC owed Fordstam Limited (and also Abramovich) nothing at all.

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but last night we were linked with Gvardiol for £96m, BILD had reported it I think.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Yeah seems unlikely, Apparently we are back in for Ndicka too now. Looks like we want to get a LCB in this window

It could be that we're offering him a precontract? Be silly to not at least talk to him.

Must be part of the game if he's a target, precontract talks, Frankfurt want to get something for him now instead, cheap deal to be had.

Must be part of the game if he's a target, precontract talks, Frankfurt want to get something for him now instead, cheap deal to be had.

Wouldn't have thought they'd want to sell now. They wouldn't get much and are still in the cl and are 4th in their league. They'd be better off keeping him and letting him go free in the summer.

Wouldn't have thought they'd want to sell now. They wouldn't get much and are still in the cl and are 4th in their league. They'd be better off keeping him and letting him go free in the summer.

Maybe, get €10-15m for him now? reckon they'd let him go.

And yet at point of forced sale; Chelsea's valuation was far greater than that ~£1b of investment from Abramovic.

Not sure that is correct. Think he put in more than double 1b so essentially broke even, maybe with a small profit.

The notion that crazy levels of investment will be paid off, or could into the future if we did the same now is interesting, but somewhat flawed; as it relies on growth of the PL, not just on the clubs growth. There are also a number of other clubs trying the same trick with oil wells attached.

Back