• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

In theory yes, but most people would agree that modern football is won/loss in midfield, a system that constantly gives the opposition an advantage in that area (one of the reasons imo that we struggle against "lesser" sides as they often have 5 in midfield) is a high risk setup.

The club is in an interesting place, yes we have made a lot of investment in this system but we are still short CB, LWB, RWB and probably some kind of CM (goal scoring threat option)

A switch (which I agree with previous comments is likely only with coaching change) is really that different in terms of total player change?

Hos are we short at lwb? We have perisic, sessegnon and destiny on loan.

Quite often the moment when the team becomes stronger than the sum of its parts.
That's one aspect I don't feel is happening here?

(Caveat....we are only just over one year in)
At the end of last season, I think most on here would've been saying that the team was clicking and synergized. Now, the pessimism creeping in is not unwarranted but perhaps that does rub off on the players from the fans.
Is it mostly that a lot of other teams have strengthened? It's not like it's a disaster or anything, but we should be doing better for sure. We should be reaching for the stars, because as the saying goes, reaching the treetops isn't so bad (top-4). If our aim is only top-4, getting 5th or 6th place might then seem acceptable.

At the end of last season, I think most on here would've been saying that the team was clicking and synergized. Now, the pessimism creeping in is not unwarranted but perhaps that does rub off on the players from the fans.
Is it mostly that a lot of other teams have strengthened? It's not like it's a disaster or anything, but we should be doing better for sure. We should be reaching for the stars, because as the saying goes, reaching the treetops isn't so bad (top-4). If our aim is only top-4, getting 5th or 6th place might then seem acceptable.

Its interesting because this is where I was. At the end of last season I thought we were clicking as a point of the team really buying the system and Conte method bedding in, now it looks like we may have been over reaching slightly. After the summer I think we all believed we had a great window but with injuries and manager preferences those signings have get to really bed in truly and maybe thats upset the balance, who knows TBH.

We should always be looking to improve the squad though and I think we all know we need it, I am sure Conte knows based on his grumblings too. Who they might be who knows, Ali Gold believes we are going out all guns blazing in Jan but I have my doubts

If you look at the top of table we have
Arsenal top….been able to name the same team week in, week out pretty much
City second…. Biggest and best squad and relatively stable with injuries, so can deal with most issues
Saudi Sportswashing Machine… again can name their steady team (not their best as they have had two great players out medium term) so they have been really impressive
Us…. Dogged football getting results but far far from fluid
United…looking quite functional now and seem to know their plan. Still suffering with unavailability of key players

Why are people talking about players to cover? We have a clear issue in the first team squad that needs addressing first. We need 2 top class wing backs, a cb or 2, and a midfielder to replace hojberg in the middle of the park.

The CBs look worse than they are because they get little protection from those directly in front, been a problem since we lost Wanyama and Dembele.
In my opinion.

Quite often the moment when the team becomes stronger than the sum of its parts.
That's one aspect I don't feel is happening here?

(Caveat....we are only just over one year in)

Imo stronger than the sum of the parts can almost only happen when all players in the team fit the system at least reasonably well. We haven't seen that here since last season imo.

Just a body in on loan to allow us to get Sarr out for some playing time? He's solid, but no better than any of our current 4 cm options
Why would it be a body on loan to get Sarr out on loan??? We've already got 4 there for 2 spots without Sarr. Skipp isn't getting a look in.
Kessie is a decent player and chips in with a few goals a season, would have him ahead of PEH.

In theory yes, but most people would agree that modern football is won/loss in midfield, a system that constantly gives the opposition an advantage in that area (one of the reasons imo that we struggle against "lesser" sides as they often have 5 in midfield) is a high risk setup.

The club is in an interesting place, yes we have made a lot of investment in this system but we are still short CB, LWB, RWB and probably some kind of CM (goal scoring threat option)

A switch (which I agree with previous comments is likely only with coaching change) is really that different in terms of total player change?

That sounds a lot like one system/formation being inferior. Something I really struggle to agree with.

On players we're short on the depends what the aim is. If you're talking league title challenge I think I mostly agree. If we're talking top four I don't agree.

Why would it be a body on loan to get Sarr out on loan??? We've already got 4 there for 2 spots without Sarr. Skipp isn't getting a look in.
Kessie is a decent player and chips in with a few goals a season, would have him ahead of PEH.
Just to get him some minutes. A bit like 2010/11 when we got Gudjohnson in and sent Kane out to Orient

Really surprised we're linked with so many cm's. I know some of it is pure bs. But if you were making up a rumour it probably wouldn't be about a cm.
Unless conte is looking at using 352 more often (even if only for parts of games) and wants more cover.

Back