• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Just because they have a good world cup doesn’t mean they will be good at club level. You see it almost every 4 years, a player lights up the world cup, gets a big money move and fails to live up to that reputation.

And the fact International football is well below the standard of the PL and CL doesn't help

If we're not in for Scalvini, I would be extremely surprised. This should be our #1 priority signing: only 18 now but will be a mainstay in Italy's backline for the next 15 years probably, and also will give more competition to Romero and Dier, which tbh, I think Romero could use a little fire under his ass.

Hincapie was another highly-rated CB, but I wasn't impressed with his defending in the WC. Of course, just as players impressing during the WC aren't necessarily PL-tier players, players underperforming at the WC aren't necessarily toxic garbage either. For me, Scalvini is the clear target we should be after, even moreso than Jurrien Timber (who's probably out of our reach now anyway).

If we're not in for Scalvini, I would be extremely surprised. This should be our #1 priority signing: only 18 now but will be a mainstay in Italy's backline for the next 15 years probably, and also will give more competition to Romero and Dier, which tbh, I think Romero could use a little fire under his ass.

Hincapie was another highly-rated CB, but I wasn't impressed with his defending in the WC. Of course, just as players impressing during the WC aren't necessarily PL-tier players, players underperforming at the WC aren't necessarily toxic garbage either. For me, Scalvini is the clear target we should be after, even moreso than Jurrien Timber (who's probably out of our reach now anyway).

Hard enough getting a mature italian player to leave italy, not sure we'd have much hope with an 18 year old. But be interesting to see how he turns out.

Don't think we stand a chance but I'd love to see us put a monster bid in for Bellingham, going to be a star.
He looks absolutely incredible to me. A real player's player. Could be a top star for a LONG time.

This will sound odd; but I'd put him in that bracket of Rooney or Gareth Barry or James Milner where they start very young, can cope with top level football, and go on to play for 15-20 years at the top level. So in a bizarre way, you could spend SUPER BIG money on Bellingham and know with fairly good accuracy that you will sell him for more than you spent, at some point down the line [unless he spirals out of control for some off-pitch reason like Dele Alli, but you could say that for any player].

For me the big breakout players this tournament so far have been:

Jurrien Timber - CB, Ajax/Holland
Enzo Fernandez - CM, Benfica/Argentina
Sofyan Amrabat - CM, Fiorentina/Morocco
Mohammed Kudus - AM, Ajax/Ghana
Jamal Musiala - AM, Bayern/Germany
Cody Gakpo - LW, PSV/Holland
Kaoru Mitoma - LW, Brighton/Japan
Cho Gue-sung - CF, Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors/Korea
Goncalo Ramos - CF, Benfica/Portugal

Not sure any especially suit our needs and/or are in our range; just players that weren't really on my radar, but are now.

Depends on what you mean by "breakout".

Jurrien Timber - CB, Ajax/Holland
Been the best defender in Holland this season

Jamal Musiala - AM, Bayern/Germany
Best Bayern Munich player this season

Cody Gakpo - LW, PSV/Holland
Definitely one of the best attacking players in Holland this season. Utd have been after him for a while

Goncalo Ramos - CF, Benfica/Portugal
Top scorer in Portugal this season

Amrabat - we were linked to him in the summer.

Those players are only breakout players if you do not follow those leagues

And the fact International football is well below the standard of the PL and CL doesn't help

Woah that's not true. They are very comparable, my argument is that players are more dedicated and proud to fight for their nations over getting lost in England and the pace of the game in here.

That's the problem of buying players on a knee jerk from a good tournament. Players should be scouted well well before the tournament and with confirmation of their caliber thereafter

Back