• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

It wasn't just kulu, moura was injured too. We did switch to 352 with no rw. Also no am, which we haven't really got at all.

It will be up to conte how he sees us playing.
Malinovskyi would be a good choice for that AM role IMO, but I really don't know much about him. I forgot to mention Nico Williams (the Spaniard), seems pretty decent for Spain at RW.

Maddison has been playing well but for some reason, I can't get around this one. I don't know why I get David Bentley vibes about him, but I'm probably completely wrong there.
We've been linked with Malinovskyi, but I thought he was a player more for the middle like CM/AM?

I can't deny that RW is probably our most pressing need, which really makes me wonder how we got by for so long without Kulu there... excepting Bale as a stop-gap loan for a season. After that, maybe RWB and then a top CB in the summer. I think we'd have a really strong team then that could challenge for next season.

He's far better than Bentley was, no doubt he's a good player but also something massively unlikeable about him - seems far too arrogant.

Personally, I don't believe Rashford is a viable option. Simply too expensive and might consider staying at United if they actually start acting like a real club again. Only clubs like Bayern/Real/Barca (I'm sure they could find another lever to pull) can really attract a high-profile player like that. I also don't think he's been that good but if he plays to his potential, he should be very good.

Other options for winger, either side

Talles Magno
Datro Fofana
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
(good with both feet)

These players can play LW or RW, but the first two are right-footed so would play as more traditional wingers/forwards on the right. Khvicha plays for Napoli so won't be cheap but I'm sure he's on Paratici's radar.

Does anyone here have any other recommendations or comments? Or are we going to keep linking Traore?

Others here have mentioned Olise... this might be the safest choice of all the options and I'd be happy with that too. Left-footed so would theoretically be able to cut in from the right wing like Kulu does.
Kvaratskhelia is outstanding but would be a LOT of money now
Paratici wanted him before

Doku has been mentioned on here. The 20-year-old who's playing for Belgium. With their stock low now, might be a good time to move for him. Clearly talented and quick.

Kvaratskhelia is outstanding but would be a LOT of money now
Paratici wanted him before

Can't see it happening. Not only the money, but if he continues like this bigger clubs will be after him very soon, if not already. Already at a good club to get that next move to a superclub if that's what he wants.

Doku has been mentioned on here. The 20-year-old who's playing for Belgium. With their stock low now, might be a good time to move for him. Clearly talented and quick.

He's a strange one. He was considered a wonderkid during the Euros but almost 2 years later he is still on the bench for Belgium while they continue to start the old, experienced players who are clearly past it. I don't know what his club form is like but he has got something about him. I like the idea of bringing in young, talented players but I think Conte and Paratici are aware that anyone we bring in at the moment needs to be proven to improve the first team though

He's a strange one. He was considered a wonderkid during the Euros but almost 2 years later he is still on the bench for Belgium while they continue to start the old, experienced players who are clearly past it. I don't know what his club form is like but he has got something about him. I like the idea of bringing in young, talented players but I think Conte and Paratici are aware that anyone we bring in at the moment needs to be proven to improve the first team though

Replacing who?

I actually think someone like Doku is just what we need. All to prove. Fit, fast, hungry. A bit like Kulu.

He's far better than Bentley was, no doubt he's a good player but also something massively unlikeable about him - seems far too arrogant.

Always been the problem with your fan base and especially this website. Not wanting a player because they arrogant. Pfft, focus on whether they have the balls to back it up.

We need winners and people that when it comes to big games don't hide into their shadow.

Replacing who?

I actually think someone like Doku is just what we need. All to prove. Fit, fast, hungry. A bit like Kulu.

I think he's more a replacement for Moura, just a good bit faster.

I think we also need another creative player - probably someone who can play in a midfield 3 in a 3-5-2 and also front 3 in a 3-4-3. That person would more be a Kulu back-up. Not sure who this is though

Toxic club in spiral of decline, and shortish contract

The only thing toxic was Ronaldo who they have just kicked out of the club. I would suggest that under their new manager they are slowly edging upward.

Besides, I cannot imagine him wanting to step down to a club like us who have constantly shown ourselves incapable of winning trophies.

Back