• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to keep you on your toes!

In seriousness though, I've not been so impressed by a young player on the cusp of becoming great for a long time. I'd perhaps be less excited if he was already at a ESL club, but us actually having a shot at him is perhaps a once in a decade thing (like I said, since we went all in for a young Modric).

Just to clarify, it's not a dig BTW, you are highly entertaining.

I get where your passions at, I haven't seen one joylt of this lad so can't say either way TBH

He is broken
He can’t catch a ball well to kick a ball
Your on crack if you think I’m he has a career left at this level

Quite a few people thought Walker was hitting the wall towards then end with us, but he's gone on to have 6 more amazing seasons (and counting). Equally Verts properly fell off an enormous cliff. It's just hard to tell which way someone is going in terms of physical decline from a distance.

I agree with some of that but reality is to sign them both now is at least £75m.
It's not. We'll get a keeper for 30m, Sanchez seems to be on his way out at Brighton, and the same with Kelleher at Liverpool. Both would be an improvement over Lloris.
Buy from Bristol now with a loan back and they'll most likely do a deal for a bit cheaper, it won't be 45m any way.

Quite a few people thought Walker was hitting the wall towards then end with us, but he's gone on to have 6 more amazing seasons (and counting). Equally Verts properly fell off an enormous cliff. It's just hard to tell which way someone is going in terms of physical decline from a distance.
I don’t remember one fan thinking walker was past it
Not one
But Hugo has been on and off the decline for some time
We can’t gamble on him now

It's not. We'll get a keeper for 30m, Sanchez seems to be on his way out at Brighton, and the same with Kelleher at Liverpool. Both would be an improvement over Lloris.
Buy from Bristol now with a loan back and they'll most likely do a deal for a bit cheaper, it won't be 45m any way.
Kelleher isn’t being linked with anyone which is find odd
He is worthy of a gamble

He was the original sweeper keeper. Yes, he's not as quick out as he used to be, but he virtually invented the position.
It doesn't matter if he invented it, was the best keeper ever, or was as good as Messi with the ball at his feet, it matters what he is now and that is finished as a top-level goalkeeper.
He was a good keeper for us, but like for every player it eventually comes to an end and it has for him.

Kelleher isn’t being linked with anyone which is find odd
He is worthy of a gamble

I dont think he's played consistently enough (i.e. run of games) for a decent team to sign his as first choice. He should do something like Henderson did when he went to Forrest for a season on loan

We are talking specifically about Raya and Scott.

Raya is £40m and Scott is £35m.

That is £75m.

I dont think he's played consistently enough (i.e. run of games) for a decent team to sign his as first choice. He should do something like Henderson did when he went to Forrest for a season on loan
He will need too
Pool want a big ish fee
He hasn’t played enough for someone to gamble as you say

We are talking specifically about Raya and Scott.

Raya is £40m and Scott is £35m.

That is £75m.
That's what they are looking for, they won't get it (Bristol are looking for 25m). If we bought Scott and loaned him back with us covering some of his wages then they would reduce that price.

I wouldn't bet on us having scouted lots of them, our scouting setup was a shambles apparently.
Pre Pratici it apparently wasn't up to much, but it has moved on a lot since then it seems. I'm confident we are well prepared with our goalkeeper targets as it's been pretty obvious we would need a new first choice keeper for a while now.....

I hope we do not keep Lloris, he has been a great keeper but his time has gone and we really have to make a new keeper a priority.
He's been bloody fantastic, at times a legit contender for best keeper in the PL, sadly he's gotten a bit stale now and it's in everyone's interest for a new face to come in.

Will we get someone as good as Lloris was at his best remains to be seen, but now is the right time to make that step.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He's been bloody fantastic, at times a legit contender for best keeper in the PL, sadly he's gotten a bit stale now and it's in everyone's interest for a new face to come in.

Will we get someone as good as Lloris was at his best remains to be seen, but now is the right time to make that step.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Indeed, i have said it before of all the keepers i have seen in our shirt the only ones who i rate higher then Hugo were Jennings and Clemence. But he has past his best and we need to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back