• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we writing off next season then?
Hugo seems to want to move on anyway, so we need a keeper in this window

Agree but rightly or wrongly we wont pay the £40m for Raya and we wont find a suitable long term replacement for Hugo for less than that figure.

Therefore our only option is to stick with Hugo or Forster until we can sign Raya on a free.

No the original argument was if Brentford would get the £40m they are demanding, which they wont.

OK I read it wrong. No worries

Something will give Spurs or no Spurs, someone will pay the money or they will reduce. Doesn't suit anyone to reach a stalemate. Plenty of stuff to happen yet I would imagine

Keeping Hugo as first choice would really undermine Ange

Why has Ange said he wants him out?

With our budget and how far it needs to be spread it makes perfect sense for Hugo to fulfil his last year and then sign Raya for free.

Just like it makes perfect sense to let Scott stay at Bristol for one more year, learn and develop, and then sign him for around £15m when he will only have one year left on his contract.

Do both signings now and we pay out around £75m. We can’t afford to do that whilst also addressing other areas of the team.

With our budget and how far it needs to be spread it makes perfect sense for Hugo to fulfil his last year and then sign Raya for free.

Just like it makes perfect sense to let Scott stay at Bristol for one more year, learn and develop, and then sign him for around £15m when he will only have one year left on his contract.

Do both signings now and we pay out around £75m. We can’t afford to do that whilst also addressing other areas of the team.
It makes zero sense to keep Lloris. He was our biggest single problem last season Keep him for next season and he will cost us at least 10 points, more likely to be double that.
Ange needs a sweeper keeper and that is no longer Lloris. Sticking with Lloris is already undermining his style of play.

If we want Scott it would make more sense to sign him and loan him back to Bristol for the year. Wait another year and there will be plenty more clubs interested.

It undermines him because Hugo is broken
We can’t start the season with a GK that cost us so many points
And add in that he use his feet… a pre requisite of ange ball

Scott will be £100m+ next summer if he doesn't move to a big 6 club this window

This is a Modric from Zargreb window of opportunity

It makes zero sense to keep Lloris. He was our biggest single problem last season Keep him for next season and he will cost us at least 10 points, more likely to be double that.
Ange needs a sweeper keeper and that is no longer Lloris. Sticking with Lloris is already undermining his style of play.

If we want Scott it would make more sense to sign him and loan him back to Bristol for the year. Wait another year and there will be plenty more clubs interested.

I agree with some of that but reality is to sign them both now is at least £75m.

Its a struggle to know whats satire and whats not with GB anymore and I don't mean that horrible but I just can't tell if its a wind up of he is serious half the time.

Nice to keep you on your toes!

In seriousness though, I've not been so impressed by a young player on the cusp of becoming great for a long time. I'd perhaps be less excited if he was already at a ESL club, but us actually having a shot at him is perhaps a once in a decade thing (like I said, since we went all in for a young Modric).

Nice to keep you on your toes!

In seriousness though, I've not been so impressed by a young player on the cusp of becoming great for a long time. I'd perhaps be less excited if he was already at a ESL club, but us actually having a shot at him is perhaps a once in a decade thing (like I said, since we went all in for a young Modric).

In a years time he would have just completed another season playing for Bristol and will have one year left on his contract.

Don't think it would be a tactic, more so reality. Paying 40m for a keeper with one year left on his contract? There are other suitable GKs that would be available for far less than that and we will rightly be looking elsewhere, as good as he is. We have scouted more than just him....

I wouldn't bet on us having scouted lots of them, our scouting setup was a shambles apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back