• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I just went back and read the first six or seven pages of this thread. Jesus.
i skim read a fair bit more than that just now but i think you get a good idea of what was said just by looking at the first few pages as it was generally the same four or five posters repeating the same thing over and over

i skim read a fair bit more than that just now but i think you get a good idea of what was said just by looking at the first few pages as it was generally the same four or five posters repeating the same thing over and over

That makes a change ;)

I think that we should make anyone who criticises our young players go back and read the thread from the beginning.

In 2012 I thought most, maybe half, were in support of Rose - young player some potential. Nothing extraordinary backing him then.

It's when he was playing for us and seemed to regularly rush into challenges and concede fouls. It was the predictability of it that made people mad. As well as his supposed pumped up attitude. I never believed that myself.

Very few backed him then. There was true vitriol, almost a hatred for him. Haven't turned the pages on the thread but against a wall of criticism i think/ hope I backed him then. Like Walker before him, he was rash, trying too hard and not always composed, but look beyond that and he had the ingredients.

Poch has taken him to another level. He's now a senior member of the team - at 26! He can also get better. Both he and walker could score more goals. Both initially skittish players who matured well.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Parklane1 you missed the point earlier... you said you learnt your lesson with Waddle and wouldn't make snap judgements... then you slated Rose in this thread, look at the first 3 pages

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...l-levy-as-key-influences-behind-a3351986.html

“It helps when you are playing with 11 of your friends and under a great manager as well and the environment we train in is top-class."
To have a facility like the training ground must be a joy for the players on a day to day basis. And let's face it that's where they spend most of the time, not the Lane.
Even in their pampered world it must feel good having the best of the best on tap and all basically focused on improving and supporting you as a player.

And with some (i know not all) it may be a deal breaker when we're trying to get them to sign.

I never understood how people couldn't see the potential in him personally

He was clearly a lad being converted from a winger to a full back and that takes time but for me the fact that's every manager who had him played him there first choice said a lot. He has just grown into the role now and is comfortably the best in the league. I genuinely find it funny when they talk about Luke Shaw ahead of him for the England side ... A player who has laterally achieved nothing and shown glimpses of potential only. It was the same when the Arse signed chambers and he was suddenly the dogs danglies but in reality he hadn't even been a regular at Southampton (I know shaw was)

And back on thread Rose had a quick learning curve at Sunderland which paid massive diviends and highlighted how a good loan can work... Imagine if west brom or Norwich has been the same with Pricthard or Kane

Either he's fit enough to play for England or he's not. And if he isn't then it's up to the club to withdraw him from the squad.
I'd have preferred him not to have to play but Southgate can't be called out for bringing him on after Bertrand went off injured.

Didn't push himself anything like as much as any Spurs game, or previous England games for that matter.

Then again, it was Malta and there were many avoiding tackles/injuries.

In his first spell at left back he was IMO better than Benny that season and looked revelation .

In his second spell he looked average but not as bad as some might say. He has been judged based on the sending off against Villa

This season he has been the 2nd/3rd best left back in the league and better than anyone we have had play there. He would IMO be a starter next season over Benny when we sell him and he will have some great games and some poor ones but he looks better than a lot of left backs we have had in the last 10 years and he costs us nothing (thing LYP, Atouba and then look at Rosé)

Here was my opinion from 2013

And I looked through the thread to sew whole also rated rose all that turn ago

Is @Rossi22 still in here because he stuck up for him on day 1

Back