• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

still underrated. we miss his presence badly in pushing up the attack when he is not around. probably the most passionate and aggressive player we have.

From where he was when he scored that zim zimmer against Arsenal at WHL to where he is now, is world's apart. I loved him for that goal but thought he wasn't a good player. When we let him go out on loan to Sunderland I thought good, he's gone. Then he came back and since then he has been one of our best if not our best ever LB's in the premier league. When he gets injured we miss him so much as he can defend and attack. He is lightning quick too.

I think it's the biggest turnaround of a player I can ever remember. Players like Thorstvedt had bad starts which they turned-around, but Rose was properly terrible for a couple of years.

But I agree - now he's up there with Alba, Marcelo and Ricardo Rodriguez in the best 3 or 4 LBs in the world.

I think it's the biggest turnaround of a player I can ever remember. Players like Thorstvedt had bad starts which they turned-around, but Rose was properly terrible for a couple of years.

But I agree - now he's up there with Alba, Marcelo and Ricardo Rodriguez in the best 3 or 4 LBs in the world.
Didn't he get sent off against Villa (Redknapp era) for an horrendous challenge on Alan Hutton? If that was him, I remember hating him saying he should never play for Spurs again.

He was never ever terrible. In fact I can remember very early on Redknapp putting him at left back with us playing (and winning) away at Liverpool and Rose being absolutely superb in that position. It was always obvious that he had all of the attributes required to become a top class full back, he just needed to learn the position and gain experience in playing it.

He was never ever terrible. In fact I can remember very early on Redknapp putting him at left back with us playing (and winning) away at Liverpool and Rose being absolutely superb in that position. It was always obvious that he had all of the attributes required to become a top class full back, he just needed to learn the position and gain experience in playing it.
Agree with all of that except I'd argue he did also need to cool it a bit, which he has done by and large. He still gets the red mist on occasion but it's now so much more controlled.

He's just fantastic to watch, not only for the way he goes in so hard every time but also because of that wonderfully ferocious expression of indignant triumph on his face having won the ball. My all-time hero at LB for Tottenham is the majestic Ron Henry but Danny is already well on the way to displacing him.

Agree with all of that except I'd argue he did also need to cool it a bit, which he has done by and large. He still gets the red mist on occasion but it's now so much more controlled.

He's just fantastic to watch, not only for the way he goes in so hard every time but also because of that wonderfully ferocious expression of indignant triumph on his face having won the ball. My all-time hero at LB for Tottenham is the majestic Ron Henry but Danny is already well on the way to displacing him.
It is quite usual for players with a real will to win to occasionally step over the line when they are still young and gaining experience. Dele Alli is another example of this. As the player gains experience they tend to learn to curb their temper. Vieira at Le scum was also a great example of this. A red card waiting to happen early on, but learnt to channel the aggression better as he gained experience.

probably the best LB in the league for me
He's also excellent in the air for his size, which is important as teams always tend to try and expose smaller full backs for this. Also remember him scoring one that he took like a CF!

He gets clattered most games and too, which despite my initial concerns about his small man syndrome has shown that he has controlled aggression now.

Has ever captained us?

I always used to think that full back isnt the most important position, in that as long as we have a competent full back doing a solid job it's not going to be a difference maker. Danny Rose however is actually one of our most important players. We just don't seem to have the same aggression without him. Absolutely brilliant.

I always used to think that full back isnt the most important position, in that as long as we have a competent full back doing a solid job it's not going to be a difference maker. Danny Rose however is actually one of our most important players. We just don't seem to have the same aggression without him. Absolutely brilliant.

This is true, FB was always the easiest position to play in a game but times have changed and now in most cases its far more important.

I fudgeing love Rose ... he is so up for the game, so up for us.

There was video pre game of him in the tunnel when the players were lining up, and a couple of our players shook hands with an odd Scum player or two, Danny fudgeing strolls into line, looks at the Scum line and turns his back on them .. brilliant ..
Where might one find said video?

This is true, FB was always the easiest position to play in a game but times have changed and now in most cases its far more important.

It's the hardest position as you do two jobs - defence and attack

The modern game has evolved massively on that part and a good full back now is a running machine

It's the hardest position as you do two jobs - defence and attack

The modern game has evolved massively on that part and a good full back now is a running machine

arguably you have to do both in all positions these days, certainly in our team

arguably you have to do both in all positions these days, certainly in our team

Yeah to a point but in our set in particular the full back owns his side and provides defence and attack...

The rest of the team own and operate through the middle so share some of the work load

I know that's extreme and I don't think the full backs ever cover the most ground per game

I don't think the full backs ever cover the most ground per game
I feel like they have the highest work rate in terms of intensity, absolutely sprinting up and challenging 2 players... then absolutely sprinting back for a last ditch challenge and facing up to 2 attackers, very intense.

Midfielders might cruise round a bit more, perhaps.

Back