• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

MOTM, but yeah he needs to get better at his crossing.
How much better can his crossing get? Only one in five crosses on average reach a team mate, and WBA are included in those figures. Of those a small proportion are turned into shots on target and a vanishingly small number end up as goals.

I think he does it on purpose, hitting the man with his crosses. He knows he'd get a red card if he punched them, so just belts a ball at them all game.

I'd like to see our left-back given more options when approaching the by-line/box. Someone drifting in to the far post, someone ready for a cut back on the edge of the box etc.

Re. cross stats, how many get half-cleared and then a chance gets created from the resulting chaos? Sterling's chance yesterday was like that (Danny Rose blocked the shot). I wouldn't want us to rely only on crosses, but it's a valid weapon to use at times.

I think he does it on purpose, hitting the man with his crosses. He knows he'd get a red card if he punched them, so just belts a ball at them all game.

I'd like to see our left-back given more options when approaching the by-line/box. Someone drifting in to the far post, someone ready for a cut back on the edge of the box etc.

Re. cross stats, how many get half-cleared and then a chance gets created from the resulting chaos? Sterling's chance yesterday was like that (Danny Rose blocked the shot). I wouldn't want us to rely only on crosses, but it's a valid weapon to use at times.
It's far more useful from the area where the edge of the box meets the goal line - that's a comparatively dangerous area. I can't see much advantage to us swinging crosses in from where most come from - even teams that are set up purely for that won't score much from there.

It's far more useful from the area where the edge of the box meets the goal line - that's a comparatively dangerous area. I can't see much advantage to us swinging crosses in from where most come from - even teams that are set up purely for that won't score much from there.

Maybe our coaches should try and get Rose/Davies driving to that area and then cross. Then if that's not possible, just pass it back inside and start again. We definitely need to make better use of the good field position and space our left-backs get.

Had his best game of the season for me ( and I am a Davies fan), but I wish to GHod he would work at his crossing more. He gets into some great positions but his delivery is poor.

How much better can his crossing get? Only one in five crosses on average reach a team mate, and WBA are included in those figures. Of those a small proportion are turned into shots on target and a vanishingly small number end up as goals.

I defer to you on the stats, but it would be good to see more of them going into threatening area's and not at the first or second man. Trippier is the best example, he's at least got some consitency when it comes to putting the ball into dangerous areas.

I think we're finding a good balance with our crossing frequency at the moment. And I think that balance is doing us good. Keeps defenders on their toes and even if crosses are sometimes ineffective it makes us less predictable and can open up space elsewhere.

Rose does strike the ball well, as we've seen repeatedly, and he started out as a traditional winger - but yet his crossing often lets him down. Been kinda waiting for his crossing to improve for years, but it remains largely inconsistent. Just speculating, but it kinda seems like a lack of composure with him sometimes. He just rushes his cross, doesn't look up to pick someone out and rather just swings a foot at the ball.

Maybe our coaches should try and get Rose/Davies driving to that area and then cross. Then if that's not possible, just pass it back inside and start again. We definitely need to make better use of the good field position and space our left-backs get.

I thought Davies' runs into the box and low crosses against Watford at home recently were very good; many deserved a good finish.
You can see the training that is going on behind the scenes with our left-backs imo. Davies' final ball seems better but Rose's runs are phenomenal imo

Good stuff all round:)

wished that shot had gone in and though I am a fan of flair players i love his have a go attitude, in a game when it is not important i would love him to knock someone out maybe someone like joey barton should he ever play in the prem again

One of my favourite players in a team full of players you can't help but love.
Surely he has to go to the euros?

Back