• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I really don't get this at all. Again, I reiterate what we have are two good players. At the moment, one is keeping the other out on form alone. What's the big problem? We genuinely have two good players for one position, with both options being young and offering something different to each other. Is this not something we should be celebrating rather than bigging one up and slagging off the other?

Agree we have 2 good players with one being very good.

Also keeping him out on form isn't true - he isn't fit - first game he was deemed to be he started via everton. Since then davies has played better but his 'decent' 6/10 performance today would be met with real disapproval had it been rose 'wasteful crosses, sloppy bits of play, didn't support the play early enough, got caught out at the back post (despite it being a physical mismatch with gomis) blah blah - personally I thought he was decent.

Now I am seeing the hipster stats about his supposed pace that he has - as fullbacks go he is slow mate and going forward he is average. The other thing is defensively he isn't great like some people like to make out. No sorry I am wrong this stat proves he is quick and doesn't get beaten time again by direct wingers - better ask the 32 year old jamal campbell Ryce.

I don't mind davies but I think there is a clear differentiation between him and rose in terms of value add to the team. Many people who hated rose have changed their opinion to their credit but some havent and will look for any chance to say he isn't good or that davies is better blah blah. Football is about opinions at the end of the day but some of thr points on this topic are stretching it[/QUOTE]

Agree we have 2 good players with one being very good.

Also keeping him out on form isn't true - he isn't fit - first game he was deemed to be he started via everton. Since then davies has played better but his 'decent' 6/10 performance today would be met with real disapproval had it been rose 'wasteful crosses, sloppy bits of play, didn't support the play early enough, got caught out at the back post (despite it being a physical mismatch with gomis) blah blah - personally I thought he was decent.

Now I am seeing the hipster stats about his supposed pace that he has - as fullbacks go he is slow mate and going forward he is average. The other thing is defensively he isn't great like some people like to make out. No sorry I am wrong this stat proves he is quick and doesn't get beaten time again by direct wingers - better ask the 32 year old jamal campbell Ryce.

I don't mind davies but I think there is a clear differentiation between him and rose in terms of value add to the team. Many people who hated rose have changed their opinion to their credit but some havent and will look for any chance to say he isn't good or that davies is better blah blah. Football is about opinions at the end of the day but some of thr points on this topic are stretching it
[/QUOTE]

Look I understand that you prefer Rose to Davies, but your argument is predicated on rubbishing/slating Davies. Much like you found the same distasteful when it happened to Rose, I kind of find this distasteful.

So, for me Davies is keeping Rose out on form and the reason I say that is because Davies has done nothing to be dropped and has actually had some good games for us.

As for the hipster stats, how would you explain the pace that they recorded him at? I was quite surprised when I saw that, as I thought Davies' pace was average. He's not Dawson/Huddlestone slow, but I wouldn't say someone like Darmien is much quicker. I think he is performing solidly without setting the world alight. I am also in no doubt that when the time is right, Poch will make the change. Until then, I don't see a point in slating either player. Davies is performing well. Rose last season was one of our standout players. All is good!

Something to consider when thinking about pace. Top speed doesn't really matter. It might win you a 100 metre foot race, but rarely, if ever in football does it come down to that. Football is about explosive pace and acceleration, how quickly can a player go from standstill to his top speed? How quickly can a player turn and start to move quickly in the opposite direction. I could be wrong but I don't think that Lennon had a particularly high top speed and yet he would get to the ball first just about every time because he was so quick off the mark. It was the inverse with Kaboul, who I think was actually one of our fastest players, but was slow on the turn and took an age to get going.

Does every Swansea fan think Taylor is better, never mind MUCH better? No. It's a classic response to a player leaving the club you support. The only reason they were okay with Davies leaving was getting Sigurdsson in return, a player for a position that needed strengthening, and already having an adequate replacement in Taylor. Taylor is four years older, so most likely looked a more accomplished player then.

Its funny that he said that, I was/had few dinks with a few Swansea supporters after the game and they all said that although Taylor is a decent FB they miss Davies because he was better. Now I am not saying that ALL Swansea supporters think that but these said the majority of their mates thought the same.

Its funny that he said that, I was/had few dinks with a few Swansea supporters after the game and they all said that although Taylor is a decent FB they miss Davies because he was better. Now I am not saying that ALL Swansea supporters think that but these said the majority of their mates thought the same.
I bet more than anything they miss the fact they can't have a Taylor vs Davies slugfest on their forum. Ha!

Really was a lovely ball for Kane's goal. Spotted the space and the run, timed it perfectly (also thanks to Kane) and weighted the pass just right and it allowed Kane to run onto it and head straight for goal.

Good game too. Seems back to his best after a slightly messy start to the season and a great asset in attack, particularly when the game gets a bit end to end like it did yesterday.

Really was a lovely ball for Kane's goal. Spotted the space and the run, timed it perfectly (also thanks to Kane) and weighted the pass just right and it allowed Kane to run onto it and head straight for goal.

Good game too. Seems back to his best after a slightly messy start to the season and a great asset in attack, particularly when the game gets a bit end to end like it did yesterday.

He is match fit now so that will help

HOW! BLOODY! GOOD! (ok I'll stop)...

How good was the lad today?? I honestly do not think he put a foot wrong. Steely, controlled, mature, full of desire, I'm out of superlatives. This for me was the kid's best performance in the shirt. An absolute monster! I hope some of you watch the full game again and look at him. Amazing!

Seriously, well done lad - well done.

He does jump in a bit too often, he did at least once today and was beaten. But overall, yes, he had a good game.

He does jump in a bit too often, he did at least once today and was beaten. But overall, yes, he had a good game.
Yes he was - untypically - left completely for dead very early on down by the corner flag, beaten by a clever piece of skill, but overall another really excellent performance.

Excellent as he has been this year and was last year.

Brace yourself for this comment....but I was watching El Classico last night and thought that Marcelo reminded me of our own Danny Rose. Very similar in terms of styles and strengths. I do think that Rose has been unlucky not to get an England call up

I'm a serious fan of Rose.

Its based on his attitude as much as his ability.

I've said it before but i just love the scowl he has on his face like he just cannot believe certain ref decisions, like he's constantly being fouled but he just gets on with it.

The other thing i love about him is his bravery, he's small but the lad gets stuck right in. Its not unusual to see him kicked/barged up in the air and he picks himself up.

Not just defensively either, often you will see him play a one-two just over the halfway line but receive a 50-50% ball back and he just crashes in and never ever bottles it. He frequently comes away with the ball too, he's so small he seems to go "under" challenges and come out the other side in possession.

Was nice to see him grab hold of Walker after Kyles goal yesterday too.

Top lad, reminds me of Danny Thomas, he never stops.

Yeah I don't like it when defenders dive in, Chiriches used to do it all the time, a lot of times it means you're out of position. Obviously there are times when you have to dive in but always try to stay on your feet if you can.

I'm a serious fan of Rose.

Its based on his attitude as much as his ability.

I've said it before but i just love the scowl he has on his face like he just cannot believe certain ref decisions, like he's constantly being fouled but he just gets on with it.

The other thing i love about him is his bravery, he's small but the lad gets stuck right in. Its not unusual to see him kicked/barged up in the air and he picks himself up.

Not just defensively either, often you will see him play a one-two just over the halfway line but receive a 50-50% ball back and he just crashes in and never ever bottles it. He frequently comes away with the ball too, he's so small he seems to go "under" challenges and come out the other side in possession.

Was nice to see him grab hold of Walker after Kyles goal yesterday too.

Top lad, reminds me of Danny Thomas, he never stops.

Rose & Mason were two of last season's biggest drivers in the team because of the attitude, they brought bite to the team, that thankfully has spread to a lot of others (Dier, Alli, Lamela to some extent always had it).

Definitely noticed the joy at Walker's goal, good to see, the genuine happiness in the squad at others success is something that Poch deserves credit for fostering.

Kane, Rose and Lloris are my favourite players of ours.

Hopefully, Trippier can improve for next season in the same way that Davies has got better this term. If Wimmer steps up, then we'll have an excellent squad of defensive players.

Been very good this season and was pretty solid last year too. Wasn't a big fan of his up until then but defensively he has become very solid over the last 12 months. One of the top performers this season thus far imo

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35454624

Rose to UTD??!

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is short of defensive resources with the likes of Marco Rojo out injured and first-choice left-back Luke Shaw a long-term absentee as he recovers from a broken leg. Rose is not currently Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino's preferred option, with Ben Davies at left-back.

I've not heard any rumours of this at all, has anyone else? Furthermore 6m is an absolute joke. It did get me wondering what his transfer value would be though. If Townsend was 12mil Danny would have to be 15mil surely?

Premiership proven, fast, reasonable attacking threat, left back is a tough position to fill so usually has somewhat of a premium added......but 6m to UTD ;)

Back