• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Davies is anything but a pussy cat. Has a real nasty side. His two footer against Sunderland, his elbow to the back of de Bruynes head and two footer on Toure on Sunday. Just because he doesn't scowl like Rose does for 90 minutes doesn't mean he doesnt have fight.

Tonight against Monaco we've seen exactly why Rose should always be ahead of Davies. One is a tiger, the other a pussycat.

Except Rose was pretty average tonight. A couple of last ditch tackles that could just as easily have ended up as pens and some terrible crosses straight at the keeper.

I think that this is the kind of selection decision that can have a real impact on how the squad view the manager. There is not much between Davies and Rose in quality and I think that he needs to be clearly picking fairly on form.

Okay on reflection that was a bit OTT. But you get the gist. Davies is decent enough in the tackle but Rose is a tiger.

Davies is the man in possession and has not put a foot wrong in his last few games. I think that he needs to keep his place until either, his form drops or Rose is so good that he has to force his way in. I think that Rose was our man of the match against Arsenal and probably again tonight but I do not think that he is making his case irrefutable.

I think someone on here said it best. Rose was dogbrick at Davies' age.

Rose at Davies age was Playing his first season at full back at Sunderland and was their best player and arguably one of the better ones in the league that season

Then he returned to us and got slated by a lot of people who were calling for him to be our players of the year last which he would have won if it weren't for Kane having an exceptional season ...

Davies has t done anything wrong in the league and we have the best defensive record so far so he has to stay in

Rose at Davies age was Playing his first season at full back at Sunderland and was their best player and arguably one of the better ones in the league that season

Then he returned to us and got slated by a lot of people who were calling for him to be our players of the year last which he would have won if it weren't for Kane having an exceptional season ...

Davies has t done anything wrong in the league and we have the best defensive record so far so he has to stay in

roses performances for sunderland were no better then davies' have been this season or even davies last season. the year get blown out of proportion because he was in a team full of brick and got player of the year (as many loanees do)

roses performances for sunderland were no better then davies' have been this season or even davies last season. the year get blown out of proportion because he was in a team full of brick and got player of the year (as many loanees do)

Sorry but I disagree with you
their fans were talking about him being their player of the season and he contributed in defence and attack

Davies last year was a mix of steady and awful. He had quite a few games where he didn't knew which way to turn (not helped by the fact that the Jeff side had no cover in front of it for most of the season)

This season Davies has started much better and looks like player who was at Swansea

To say Rose was dogbrick at Davies age is just a plainly wrong comment. He was also playing plenty for a good England under 21 side too

Jesus christ. Davies was average last year in a good team. Rose was exceptional in brick team.

Davies has been good last few games and should keep his place for sunday but Rose is a superior full back and there isn't much argument agaisnt that, none if we talk the system that Poch plays. On sat Davies' conservatism suited him and us against a team that came at us on a small pitch but in 75% of games Rose is the better fit for our system.

Rose imo is first choice and will get the chance to prove it when we have a dip

Ps . Age has nothing to do With it, davies isn't gonna gain a yard or become explosive, If rose keeps up his form and progress there is no contest

For sure Davies has talent, especially going forward - which it has to be said is not that often, but he put in a fair number of godawful performances last season that had this place almost in meltdown at times. I'd have Rose in ahead of him every time, he's at least as good going forward but does it far more often, also he imposes himself far more effectively at the back.

I think Davies will be the one to win the spot eventually, but we have a good problem on our hands right now. both are playing really well IMO

Unless something happens to roses attitude or injury there is very little chance of that as much of a decent player davies is.

Tbh it's great to have 2 very good left backs. Davies put in some inconsistent performances in his first season and some posters had already written him off. He has been good so far this season. However, for me Rose edges it slightly because of what I perceive to be a indefatigable will to win. Not something we have had in abundance at Spurs over the years. I can see why some people would think other players are pussies when compared to him.

Rose tinted glasses or what. Rose was good for 6 months last season. Mainly from the beginning of this year. But let's not go on like he didn't make mistakes because he did in some big games too.

Rose tinted glasses or what. Rose was good for 6 months last season. Mainly from the beginning of this year. But let's not go on like he didn't make mistakes because he did in some big games too.
Every player makes mistakes.... It's just that those made at the back are highlighted. Against Palace we were lucky when Davies headed it straight into their player's back with Palace I think hitting the post from the resulting break.

Davies was terrible for Spurs last year. I wondered what on earth we had done in paying £10 million for him. This season he is looking more accomplished however. He is tidy on the ball and generally takes up good defensive positions. Rose is a far better athlete and can beat a player on the outside (which Davies cannot do due to his lack of pace). Davies is the man in possession of the shirt at the moment and doesn't deserve to give that up after his performance against Emirates Marketing Project. If Davies' performance level drops off however then Rose is ready to come in and make the shirt his own again. It's a nice problem to have and the two of them will keep each other on their toes and ensure that the left back position is a strength for us this year.

Imo I I can't dance more. From jan onwards he was exceptional but he started the season well and consistently one of our best players in a stuttering start. Obv when we were so up and down the fans were questioning the team and poch ..... many people were against rose playing over our 11m new left back. Looking at him objectively he was probably our most consistent player over the season.

Even the season before he started really well before he got injured. After injury he was brick but in the last 6 or so league games he started to look very good again

Back