• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Personally I think Rose is the better left back but he was absolute gash on Thursday while Davies had arguably his best game for Spurs today

Yep, and the manager message to both would be -> you want to start in the PL, play your best .. if not, the other guy is waiting

Good competition

How anyone can see Davies didn't have a good game today has some serious Rose love agenda going on! Davies was great. He maybe hasn't hit the heights of Rose's best last season, but he isn't as brick as Rose can be either. I've always said I'm happy with either, but currently Rose doesn't deserve to oust him.

It's good for us to have competition for places. As long as the team plays well, I don't care who Poch plays, but I have massive love for Rose and his approach to the game.

I think rose is better due to physical traits but i see davies as being a smarter and very efficient user of the ball when we are in possession

defending wise i think rose is better and as an attacking threat / outlet i think rose is better too

davies stuggles with pace though..gets exposed. he should never be isolated against pace

How anyone can see Davies didn't have a good game today has some serious Rose love agenda going on! Davies was great. He maybe hasn't hit the heights of Rose's best last season, but he isn't as **** as Rose can be either. I've always said I'm happy with either, but currently Rose doesn't deserve to oust him.

Preconceived opinions about players are hard to change especially when those who have them about how brick a player was/is. As I said earlier Davies is only 22 and already a much better player then Rose was at the same age, Rose still has the edge in going forward but Davies is already better then Rose in the defensive part of the game.

We are lucky to have them both. They are both blessed with some pace and they now are a bonus for us. The down side is, I dont see Danny playing a bit part once fully fit.

Preconceived opinions about players are hard to change especially when those who have them about how **** a player was/is. As I said earlier Davies is only 22 and already a much better player then Rose was at the same age, Rose still has the edge in going forward but Davies is already better then Rose in the defensive part of the game.

Again, to say that davies is better than Rose defensively is basing rose on his performances pre-Sunderland. I stood up for Rose last year cause there was a serious hatred towards him for some bizzare reason. Even yesterday davies got caught out at the back with some weak defensive play.

Rose is a better defender and considerably better in this system going forward. Rose was one of or most disliked players and I can still see that sentiment amongst quite a few of our fans, even though he rightly won over a lot of people last year

Rose is injured. When he gets back and actually fit he will add a lot to this team
Indeed,Rose is the better player for Pochs system and has pretty much been a mainstay in the team when fit. I can't see Rose being dropped when fully fit,but Davies is a great backup option if he continues as he is playing....

We are lucky to have them both. They are both blessed with some pace and they now are a bonus for us. The down side is, I dont see Danny playing a bit part once fully fit.

As modern full backs go davies is pretty one paced hence why with one on ones or when left isolated (like he does in this system) he can look a little bit weak.

I think in a different system he could be very good but I don't think he fits poch's outlook on this team that well

As modern full backs go davies is pretty one paced hence why with one on ones or when left isolated (like he does in this system) he can look a little bit weak.

I think in a different system he could be very good but I don't think he fits poch's outlook on this team that well

Maybe Poch sees Davies as more of a 'steady Eddy' of the pair. Rose can be a little impetuous and ATM I think 'could' is suffering with a long term hamstring niggle. Both full fit, Danny will be first choice.

Preconceived opinions about players are hard to change especially when those who have them about how **** a player was/is. As I said earlier Davies is only 22 and already a much better player then Rose was at the same age, Rose still has the edge in going forward but Davies is already better then Rose in the defensive part of the game.

It must therefore have been a pre-conceived illusion when Davies got caught out first half and had to blatantly bring down Bolasie at the edge of the area - conceding the freekick from which Palace hit the woodwork? :(

It must therefore have been a pre-conceived illusion when Davies got caught out first half and had to blatantly bring down Bolasie at the edge of the area - conceding the freekick from which Palace hit the woodwork? :(

That is not exactly what I meant and you know it, all players make mistakes even those like Rose etc. It seems to me that there are some fans who once a certain player has been written off ( in their eyes) no matter what happens they will still stick by their opinion even when its wrong.

That is not exactly what I meant and you know it, all players make mistakes even those like Rose etc. It seems to me that there are some fans who once a certain player has been written off ( in their eyes) no matter what happens they will still stick by their opinion even when its wrong.

Ain't that the truth

Thought he deserved a mention for another fantastic display last night. Can't be bothered getting into the davies rose argument because describing how advanced he is of him in every area make me sound like I don't like davies..... However I can say that he has turned himself into a real credit to our club. Athletic, leaves his foot in, brave, solid defensively, great going forward. He has added fitness, end product and positioning to his game in the last 18months and he has a never say die attitude!

If poch wanted to focus on city and Danny doesn't play on sat then poch needs a long hard look at himself.

The question is, will Poch disturb a settled back four that is keeping clean sheets?

I have a preference for Rose, but is it right to tinker with what we have right now?

Back