• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I think Davies has been pretty good to be honest, almost very good. Rose last night was a shambles, but he played so well last season... who knows. I'm indifferent to who plays at the minute. Two good left backs, none amazing.

So sexy
Rose looked rusty. Think we are lucky to have two young and aspiring left backs.

I think Rose had a poor game last night, but he was outstanding in his previous start against Everton. Davies has been decent so far in his appearances, I also think he'd look better if we had a quick player infront of him. If Chadli is on the left, then Rose has to play imo.

I think Rose just needs a couple of games to get into his groove.

Defensively he was awful. Going forward he done OK. Would probably stick with Davies for the next game even though I think Rose is probably the better of the two.

So sexy
Rose looked rusty. Think we are lucky to have two young and aspiring left backs.

Aspiring? I think they actually are!

I think they're both fine. Same with right back. Hope they develop into real quality. But relatively I think it's a weaker area for us.

He was GHod awful last night and nearly handed the oppo a goal with a crap back pass - at times he didn't look to be pleased playing. I hope Davies Keeps his place and 'spurs' rose to tighten his game up - he can't keep living on last years performances if he is not putting in the same performances this year. Same with Kyle - I fully expect Trips to push him for a first team berth all season.

Competition for places is great for a change!

I think Davies has been pretty good to be honest, almost very good. Rose last night was a shambles, but he played so well last season... who knows. I'm indifferent to who plays at the minute. Two good left backs, none amazing.

Tend to agree with this, never gone for the hype that Rose was getting from some fans last season, he has improved but not to the point where he is anything special. As for Davies he is only 22 and learning the game and from what I have seen this season I still believe he will become our no 1 lb.

His problems last night were down to concentration. Almost like he wasn't focused. Maybe he is tinkled at being dropped for Davies in the PL. I hope he does play against Palace as his pace will be needed against Palace

I'm surprised by the last 10 posts. Rose is all about athleticism, bursting forward, providing width and penetration, always getting down the wing.

Davies doesn't push forward nearly as much, then we don't have an out ball and it stifles our whole game down into the turgid middle... Rose is absolutely vital to our game, purely for that reason.

Tend to agree with this, never gone for the hype that Rose was getting from some fans last season, he has improved but not to the point where he is anything special. As for Davies he is only 22 and learning the game and from what I have seen this season I still believe he will become our no 1 lb.

And Rose is 25. By nothing special - I think it would be a pretty safe bet to say that he was probably the second best left back in the league bar the chelsea one (not gonna try and spell our name). He was also our most consistent player and without kane, would have been a legitimate options for player of the year.

He was injured early season and was one of the best players on the pitch against everton and a couple of brainfarts in a nothing game shouldn't mean anything.

Davies has been steady for the most part but has also looked very shaky against Stoke and Leicester. It's no surprise that Rose playing contributed to our best performance against everton as when Rose doesn't play we lack balance, we lack pace and our attacking threat is vastly minimised. Defensively he is far better on the cover and isn't as vulnerable against one on one situations.

Davies is a steady player but in this system there isn't really even a competition between the two and if I had to bet, I could see davies moving on next summer as we need a more like for like replacement.

I think Davies will remain as back up/competition next season and beyond but agree with the rest of that LC

And Rose is 25. By nothing special - I think it would be a pretty safe bet to say that he was probably the second best left back in the league bar the Chel53a one (not gonna try and spell our name). He was also our most consistent player and without kane, would have been a legitimate options for player of the year.

He was injured early season and was one of the best players on the pitch against everton and a couple of brainfarts in a nothing game shouldn't mean anything.

Davies has been steady for the most part but has also looked very shaky against Stoke and Leicester. It's no surprise that Rose playing contributed to our best performance against everton as when Rose doesn't play we lack balance, we lack pace and our attacking threat is vastly minimised. Defensively he is far better on the cover and isn't as vulnerable against one on one situations.

Davies is a steady player but in this system there isn't really even a competition between the two and if I had to bet, I could see davies moving on next summer as we need a more like for like replacement.

And when Rose was 22 he was regarded as brick by most fans, at the same age Davies has shown a lot more then Rose did at that age. I guess time will tell but if I had to choose one it would be Davies, you think otherwise ( which is fine). I would agree that Rose may ( at the moment) be more of a threat going forward but to say Rose is a better defender then Davies is ( imo) laughable.

And when Rose was 22 he was regarded as **** by most fans, at the same age Davies has shown a lot more then Rose did at that age. I guess time will tell but if I had to choose one it would be Davies, you think otherwise ( which is fine). I would agree that Rose may ( at the moment) be more of a threat going forward but to say Rose is a better defender then Davies is ( imo) laughable.

Really - davies gets beat one on ones, is slow on the turn, has his fair share of brain farts and doesn't cover the back stick particularly well. Statistically he has poor stats relating to getting beat and the oppo winger is consistently given too much space.

I think the notion that because he is steady he must be better defensively is a real galling misconception amongst some fans.

Rose has been quality for a while now and I don't think she has much to do with it. Whilst poch is the manager and he persists with the system, rose will be in a different stratosphere to davies. Davies was good at swansea but hasn't lived up to it with us

I also think davies will start tomorrow and against a good team you realise how much Rose brings to the table

And when Rose was 22 he was regarded as **** by most fans, at the same age Davies has shown a lot more then Rose did at that age. I guess time will tell but if I had to choose one it would be Davies, you think otherwise ( which is fine). I would agree that Rose may ( at the moment) be more of a threat going forward but to say Rose is a better defender then Davies is ( imo) laughable.

Precisely. I think we have two good full backs and it would be stupid to write off either as brick.

Don't like Davies AT ALL! A bit of a weak sister if you ask me. I prefer Rose, who is much more powerful and who also gives us something going forward. Davies rarely gets forward, although he did have a disallowed goal today.

Clearly there is a conundrum at left back, Davies is more defensive and Rose offers more forward. Both have room for devolopment and Poch will pick only on form. We won two with Davies in the side and Rose was woeful on Thursday. Think Rose will play against Scum and Davies against City. Even though I think Davies would be less suited to City and their pace. As I said conundrum.

Back