• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

You're living in the past Superhudd imv, unable to move on from when was a little rough around the edges and a bit reckless - he's a superb player and streets ahead of his competition. Would cost a small fortune to improve on him

that new Villa left back cost 9 mill and he is the kind of attacking left back that Poch's system needs. Fantastic delivery from out wide.

that new Villa left back cost 9 mill and he is the kind of attacking left back that Poch's system needs. Fantastic delivery from out wide.

Rose is perfectly suited to Pochs system, hence why he's played so well this past year and has a big influence on our performances

Rose is perfectly suited to Pochs system, hence why he's played so well this past year and has a big influence on our performances

he doesnt deliver enough quality balls into the box, yes the rest of his game has improved greatly, but he needs more composure and as i said quality in hte final 3rd

he doesnt deliver enough quality balls into the box, yes the rest of his game has improved greatly, but he needs more composure and as i said quality in hte final 3rd

I think it's something which has been talked up tbh, a last refuge for people who can't admit he's a good player - his play in the final 3rd is more than good enough. If we watched other teams players as much as ours we'd see more than just what you get in the odd highlight reel and id wager most wouldn't match up to Rose

I think it's something which has been talked up tbh, a last refuge for people who can't admit he's a good player - his play in the final 3rd is more than good enough

no its not talked up as a last refuge, its clear to see...........i said he is a good player and much improved, but he is not fricken perfect. His play in the final 3rd has to be better and more consistent

I disagree - if you was to watch other teams for 90minutes you'd see the same patchiness in their balls in to the box, it's why most teams don't play that way as much anymore because it's not an effective way of attcking (stronger defensive play and one forward in the middle possibly the reasons why?) obviously watching youtube vids and MOTD highlights where you only see the good makes it look like every cross in to the box is quality but watching live football every week for the last 15 years or so has taught me that's not the case - so many crosses go nowhere and i see Rose as being no worse than his peers in that regard - of course that's not to say he shouldn't be looking to improve that part of his game, on indeed every part of his game like every good professional should be doing :)

We forget how badly we expose our FB's, Rose does a brilliant job of dealing with the lack of cover he gets from Chadli while still being a threat going forward.

People forget the dark days of our left side ..

We forget how badly we expose our FB's, Rose does a brilliant job of dealing with the lack of cover he gets from Chadli while still being a threat going forward.

Well they have a visual constant reminder whenever Davies plays instead.

Still cannot fathom how many of those dissing Danny are the same ones who made excuse after excuse for the likes of Soldado and Lamela.... incredible!!!

Still cannot fathom how many of those dissing Danny are the same ones who made excuse after excuse for the likes of Soldado and Lamela.... incredible!!!

I don't see that correlation

Mate, Davies isn't even close, I remember when we couldn't even get a left footed player in the side, and were delighted for Steed to help strengthen that weakness after years ..

Mate, Davies isn't even close, I remember when we couldn't even get a left footed player in the side, and were delighted for Steed to help strengthen that weakness after years ..

This downplaying of Davies to try and boost up Rose is so childish - Rose is clearly the better player but Davies is a decent player himself and is a decent enough back up to have in the squad.

very true

so, what is up with Danny? He has been fit all season but Poch seems to prefer Davies atm

so, what is up with Danny? He has been fit all season but Poch seems to prefer Davies atm

He wasn't fit against Sunderland. Davies has been pretty poor this year, but Rose hardly impressed last night - had some brick moments at the back. If poch feels davies can be first choice in his own system then he will have lost the plot - when rose doesn't play we lack width and Pace.

I think Davies has been pretty good to be honest, almost very good. Rose last night was a shambles, but he played so well last season... who knows. I'm indifferent to who plays at the minute. Two good left backs, none amazing.

Back