• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

To be fair, Rose's crossing does leave a lot to be desired. I would say that crossing and end product in the final third is the main weakness of both our first choice full backs. Defensively they have both become very solid, but they waste too many opportunities when they come forward. Lazy pundits always say that Walker and Rose are good going forward, but have to improve defensively. I would say it's the other way around. Walker has shown improvement this season though. Two assists and one "second assist" from crosses.

I agree to a point, there are two problems with this though ( 1) could our crossing into the box improve? yes it could, however (2) our forwards need to attack areas in the box when these crosses are made, on far too many occasions this is not happening. They are either stood waiting behind defenders or fail to make runs to get in front of the defenders.

To be fair, Rose's crossing does leave a lot to be desired. I would say that crossing and end product in the final third is the main weakness of both our first choice full backs. Defensively they have both become very solid, but they waste too many opportunities when they come forward. Lazy pundits always say that Walker and Rose are good going forward, but have to improve defensively. I would say it's the other way around. Walker has shown improvement this season though. Two assists and one "second assist" from crosses.
Agreed that prior to this season Rose's crosses have been at best erratic, but in the games I've watched this season (the majority) I'd say there has been a very considerable improvement. Which is probably a big reason why is being touted by many as the best LB in the country right now.

I agree to a point, there are two problems with this though ( 1) could our crossing into the box improve? yes it could, however (2) our forwards need to attack areas in the box when these crosses are made, on far too many occasions this is not happening. They are either stood waiting behind defenders or fail to make runs to get in front of the defenders.
Very good point.

Very good point.

I think so, when we used to coach the kids we always tried to get crossers of the ball to hit certain areas but as well as that we had to have the forwards and M/F players attacking the spaces and getting in front of the defenders. If only one phase is working and the other does not it usually leads to nothing.

I think so, when we used to coach the kids we always tried to get crossers of the ball to hit certain areas but as well as that we had to have the forwards and M/F players attacking the spaces and getting in front of the defenders. If only one phase is working and the other does not it usually leads to nothing.

It's an old Spurs problem though, you go back to Bentley, Lennon, even Bale when playing wide. Lots of people were quick to say these players didn't cross well, yet a lot of times when I saw the crosses, they were into the right areas, just no one there to meet/play it.

Under Poch, Dele is typically the one to make the run beyond the striker, occasionally Son (but he's usually wide himself). What we do not do is overload on the attack (Pool does quite often), but that is also why our defense is so tight .. so always balance/choices.

It's an old Spurs problem though, you go back to Bentley, Lennon, even Bale when playing wide. Lots of people were quick to say these players didn't cross well, yet a lot of times when I saw the crosses, they were into the right areas, just no one there to meet/play it.

Under Poch, Dele is typically the one to make the run beyond the striker, occasionally Son (but he's usually wide himself). What we do not do is overload on the attack (Pool does quite often), but that is also why our defense is so tight .. so always balance/choices.

Defoe was good at attacking space and getting in front of defenders, its a art and it may sound strange but there are many forwards who do not have it. Your right about Alli though he seems to be aware more then either Kane or Janssen.

I said he was world class, which he is, as he would be in the best few in the world, definitely best in England and you said I was deluded. Ha, ha, trying to jump off that bus now.

I rate him highly but do not think he is world class. The term world class gets used far too much nowadays and Danny Rose is far from being an Elite player.

I rate him highly but do not think he is world class. The term world class gets used far too much nowadays and Danny Rose is far from being an Elite player.
Not many great full backs in world football at the moment, would have Walker over most RBs rose is not that far behind

IMO, you are world class if you are top 10 in your position.

England, France, Holland, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil. Say an average of 20 teams in the top division of each of those nations, that's 160 teams, round that down to 150 if you like. 150 top flight teams across the major nations of world football, so 150 first XI left-backs. I think it's fair to say if you are in the top 10, you're world class. Would Danny Rose get in the top 10? Off the top of my head, I can't name 10 who are better.

I think saying that you have to make a world XI to be world class is nonsense (not that anybody here has said that, but I have heard that before).

Only nincompoops would ever have put Bale in that bracket.

The lack of decent fallbacks doesn't make the good ones world class.
If you are one of the first people to be picked in your position you are world class - for me no historical view point on world class. You are not comparing Rose to Maldini but to Marcelo or possibly alba who are best?

So what you are saying is that if the likes of Benzema, Ibrah, Aguero, Suarez etc all quit or retired from football and Andy Carrol was the best from the rest, he would be world class?

So what you are saying is that if the likes of Benzema, Ibrah, Aguero, Suarez etc all quit or retired from football and Andy Carrol was the best from the rest, he would be world class?

In the event that Andy Carroll was in the top 10 strikers playing in world football, he'd be world class imo. But he isn't and isn't going to be.

I think that Rose would make it in to the top 10 left backs playing the game today and as such, he's world class.

What is your definition of world class?

In the event that Andy Carroll was in the top 10 strikers playing in world football, he'd be world class imo. But he isn't and isn't going to be.

I think that Rose would make it in to the top 10 left backs playing the game today and as such, he's world class.

What is your definition of world class?

My definition of world class are players who unique, a player that would be almost impossible to replace. A Messi, Ronaldo, (Brazilian Ronaldo), Zidane. Those players are truly world class.

My definition of world class are players who unique, a player that would be almost impossible to replace. A Messi, Ronaldo, (Brazilian Ronaldo), Zidane. Those players are truly world class.

I think that's fair enough mate -- using that definition, Rose isn't a world class left-back (and I think using my broader definition he is, as I really think he'd make the list of the top ten left backs currently playing).

Back