• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Ramos, Pique. . . . Danny Rose? nah i don't think so.

Ramos world class? He commits too many fouls, gives a way too many penalties and gets sent off way too often for me to regard him as world class. I think the goals he scores from set pieces covers up the cracks in his defensive game

If you are one of the first people to be picked in your position you are world class - for me no historical view point on world class. You are not comparing Rose to Maldini but to Marcelo or possibly alba who are best?

When you say "one of the first people" what do you mean? The first 3, first 5 or maybe first 10 for instance? I am just trying to understand your parameter

My definition of world class are players who unique, a player that would be almost impossible to replace. A Messi, Ronaldo, (Brazilian Ronaldo), Zidane. Those players are truly world class.

Personally I think for the best part of the last 7-8 years Messi and Ronaldo have been playing at a level higher than world class. For instance I would suggest that Bale was world class in his fnal season at Spurs but he was not in the same class as Messi and Ronaldo at that time.

At the moment Ronaldo's powers have slowly began to wain so he is not the player he once was, but I would suggest he is still world class. Bale is still world class but I still do ot think he is as good as Messi.

Bottom line, I think it would be misleading to say that a player has to be as good as Messi has been or is right now to be world class, simply because Messi and Ronaldo cannot simply be compared to normal mortals, it simply would not be fair

When you say "one of the first people" what do you mean? The first 3, first 5 or maybe first 10 for instance? I am just trying to understand your parameter
Around 5,basically when talking about best in that position at that point in time will be in real contention.

Level above that would be best in past 20yrs or so.

Then contention for all Time.

Word class for me means in the world at this moment, so under that criteria and a lot of injuries Andy Carol could be world class

Rose is a bad defender has a bit of energy but cant cross the ball -
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166266

Most fans I talk to think Walker is no end product and a mess in defense, probably due to the year he was a mess in defense with no end product.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Martin Keown: Scotland were well-drilled at times, but being organised only gets you so far and it was England who provided the extra quality on Friday night — in the form of Kyle Walker and Danny Rose.

The Spurs pair look like one of the best full-back tandems in Europe, and the way they put crosses on a plate for Daniel Sturridge and Adam Lallana to score shows they can pick the right balls at the key moments. They're so attacking they're more like wingers than defenders, and they certainly improve our quality in the final third.

Around 5,basically when talking about best in that position at that point in time will be in real contention.

So lets talk about strikers,

Luis Suarez
Sergio Aguero
Neymar
Antoine Griezmann
Aubameyang
Robert Lewandowski
Paulo Dybala
Higuain
Thomas Muller
Alexis Sanchez

I have just thought of 11 names, who on this list is not world class? I think I can count more than 5 world class strikers

Last edited:
Being world class, is just that, being a player who is capable of getting into any side in world football. Rose could play for any club in the world and will be shortly once the likes of Barca, Bayern and Real set their minds to it.

So lets talk about strikers,

Luis Suarez
Sergio Aguero
Neymar
Antoine Griezmann
Aubameyang
Robert Lewandowski
Paulo Dybala
Higuain
Thomas Muller
Alexis Sanchez

I have just thought of 11 names, who on this list is not world class? I think I can count more than 5 world class strikers

Well for me I wouldn't put dybala or Sanchez in the true world class bracket

Walker and Rose are not world class for me yet. They can both develop.

All credit to Poch, they have come from being decent defenders, but both prone to lapses in concentration, to being excellent defensively, and now they are building on their attacking potential, which was always there. Not just down to Poch of course, both players maturing well.

During their shaky times with us, fans were too hard in their criticisms of both (Walker used to get slated too), and now maybe we're too gushing of them. They can become world class, no doubt. But they need to score more, and be calmer with their attacking play. They did that with their defending, if they can be clinical in attack too, then they will be WC :)

Being world class, is just that, being a player who is capable of getting into any side in world football.

I see a big flaw in your definition.

Barca, have a front 3 of Messi, Sanchez and Neymar, you maybe world class but it does not mean you will necessarily dislodge any of the front 3. And remember in the list of 11 names above Messi is not there.

Lets take Robert Lewandowski, can anyone say he is not world class? I think not, but I do not see him getting in that team ahead of Messi, Neymar or Suarez. How about Aubameyang? And Thomas Muller?

Well for me I wouldn't put dybala or Sanchez in the true world class bracket

When you consider how Sanchez has lead Chile to 2 Copa America wins I would suggest that is open to debate

As for Dybala, you may be right although I think that at just 22 he is well on the road

I see a big flaw in your definition.

Barca, have a front 3 of Messi, Sanchez and Neymar, you maybe world class but it does not mean you will necessarily dislodge any of the front 3. And remember in the list of 11 names above Messi is not there.

Lets take Robert Lewandowski, can anyone say he is not world class? I think not, but I do not see him getting in that team ahead of Messi, Neymar or Suarez. How about Aubameyang? And Thomas Muller?

Most teams play a right back and a left back. Yeah but he would if they had space. He would not be out of place would he, that is the point.

Back