• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

When you consider how Sanchez has lead Chile to 2 Copa America wins I would suggest that is open to debate

As for Dybala, you may be right although I think that at just 22 he is well on the road

Sanchez is a great player but the best team he has played for let him go as he wasn't good enough.... that's my logic there

I cannot tell you Danny Rose is definetely a world class player, I will say however that due to my limited knowledge of left backs around the world the truth is I do not know who the best left backs are.

I really would love the international experts on this forum to tell me who are the best left backs in Europe. The only ones that spring to mind are David Alaba of Bayern, and Alba of Barca and maybe Marcello at Madrid although he cannot defend as well as Rose but there are obviously gaps in my knowledge.

Where is @Gutter Boy when you need him, he will obviously be able to throw up some names?

Sanchez is a great player but the best team he has played for let him go as he wasn't good enough.... that's my logic there

1 How about his international performances? Leading his country to 2 copa America wins
2 Look at the names below and tell me how many of them can make the Barca front 3? On your logic if you cannot then you are not world class :)

Luis Suarez
Sergio Aguero
Neymar
Antoine Griezmann
Aubameyang
Robert Lewandowski
Paulo Dybala
Higuain
Thomas Muller
Alexis Sanchez

Personally I go for

1 How about his international performances? Leading his country to 2 copa America wins
2 Look at the names below and tell me how many of them can make the Barca front 3? On your logic if you cannot then you are not world class :)

Luis Suarez
Sergio Aguero
Neymar
Antoine Griezmann
Aubameyang
Robert Lewandowski
Paulo Dybala
Higuain
Thomas Muller
Alexis Sanchez

Personally I go for

Honestly... I think international football is poor and generally avoid it so I don't have an opinion on that. What I would say is Chile have some very good played and clearly are a very good side

And using the Barca piece... Higuan wouldn't get in there side, Dybala wouldn't either.

I don't think Muller would, or lewandowksi, or augemang, purely because of how they play. But they do play for some of the top top world sides which for me are Barca, Madrid, atletico, Bayern and Dortmund

I cannot tell you Danny Rose is definetely a world class player, I will say however that due to my limited knowledge of left backs around the world the truth is I do not know who the best left backs are.

I really would love the international experts on this forum to tell me who are the best left backs in Europe. The only ones that spring to mind are David Alaba of Bayern, and Alba of Barca and maybe Marcello at Madrid although he cannot defend as well as Rose but there are obviously gaps in my knowledge.

Where is @Gutter Boy when you need him, he will obviously be able to throw up some names?

There certainly 3 of the best known. Personally I think Marcello is a good player but not a great defender

Honestly... I think international football is poor and generally avoid it so I don't have an opinion on that. What I would say is Chile have some very good played and clearly are a very good side

And using the Barca piece... Higuan wouldn't get in there side, Dybala wouldn't either.

I don't think Muller would, or lewandowksi, or augemang, purely because of how they play. But they do play for some of the top top world sides which for me are Barca, Madrid, atletico, Bayern and Dortmund

You have in essence helped me make my point. the fact that a player is world class does not mean he can walk into any team in the world as others have stated previously

You have in essence helped me make my point. the fact that a player is world class does not mean he can walk into any team in the world as others have stated previously

I would say that a world class player though would be able to play for one Of the world top top sides

I guess then it comes down to who you consider to be one of those sides

I would say that a world class player though would be able to play for one Of the world top top sides

I guess then it comes down to who you consider to be one of those sides
Even since the start of this season, such is the extent of the improvement we've witnessed in Rose and Walker it's not outside the bounds of possibility that a hugely inflated bid for one or both of the them from the Europe's money-doped 'elite' will land on DL's doormat come the summer window.

Even since the start of this season, such is the extent of the improvement we've witnessed in Rose and Walker it's not outside the bounds of possibility that a hugely inflated bid for one or both of the them from the Europe's money-doped 'elite' will land on DL's doormat come the summer window.

Maybe but as their English I doubt a foreign side would want them. It's not like English players have a great rep for playing abroad

I think we have two genuinely top top drawer full backs. You know there good when people are clutching at straws to find flaws in their game

Apparently they can't defend yet are part of the best defence in the league...

Apparently they can't cross yet as yesterday showed they can

There like modern day machines in the way they play and also they just get in with it whilst fighting for the club

Maybe but as their English I doubt a foreign side would want them. It's not like English players have a great rep for playing abroad

I think we have two genuinely top top drawer full backs. You know there good when people are clutching at straws to find flaws in their game

Apparently they can't defend yet are part of the best defence in the league...

Apparently they can't cross yet as yesterday showed they can

There like modern day machines in the way they play and also they just get in with it whilst fighting for the club
Oh yeah, forgot about that. One or more of our domestic rivals could well come in next summer though. Given the vastly inflated wages they could offer it might prove difficult for Levy to hold out should either or both resolve that their careers/ambition must take precedence over club loyalty. Something I regard as not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. One or more of our domestic rivals could well come in next summer though. Given the vastly inflated wages they could offer it might prove difficult for Levy to hold out should either or both resolve that their careers/ambition must take precedence over club loyalty. Something I regard as not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

Maybe but from what I know of both players there actually very loyal to the club as it's the one that's made them

When I met Rose last season he couldnt speak high enough of the set up and Poch and also the training ground.

Both are very settled too

I would say that a lot of clubs walk baulk at the fees we would demand

NO CHANCE, COME WHAT MAY Levy does not sell to his "rivals"

You forget that Man utd offered more than Madrid but Levy refused to sell to them

NO CHANCE, COME WHAT MAY Levy does not sell to his "rivals"
I fear you are living in la-la land my friend. You are forgetting the power and machinations of the media to unsettle players, all the dirty tricks that can go on behind the scenes, the kind of lottery-money wages they can be offered. the fact that once a player becomes unsettled it then becomes nigh-on impossible to hold on to them.

Maybe you are right, maybe in the teeth of all that Levy could hold out for a couple of seasons but once a player becomes unsettled the club still loses. It can get very nasty for both club and player. Sure the player can be obliged to train with the kids and stuff but the clock is always ticking, sooner or later something has to give.

I fear you are living in la-la land my friend. You are forgetting the power and machinations of the media to unsettle players, all the dirty tricks that can go on behind the scenes, the kind of lottery-money wages they can be offered. the fact that once a player becomes unsettled it then becomes nigh-on impossible to hold on to them.

Maybe you are right, maybe in the teeth of all that Levy could hold out for a couple of seasons but once a player becomes unsettled the club still loses. It can get very nasty for both club and player. Sure the player can be obliged to train with the kids and stuff but the clock is always ticking, sooner or later something has to give.

Modric comes to mind. Levy told Chelsea to f*ck off, and a year later Madrid came in and we let him go without a fuss. I think that, if foreign interest is sparked by our domestic rivals bidding for our players and being turned down, then Levy will probably let them go to those foreign clubs down the line - however, it does all depend on foreign clubs of equivalent stature making compelling offers for the players in question, which might not always happen.

its not just levy. remember how berbs went on strike when man u came calling?

Yeah, but that was when he put his foot down - he sold Berba, but then publicly made some pretty serious allegations about the way United had conducted their business with that deal, and since then has not allowed a single sale to our rivals, despite documented interest from them in the likes of Modric, Bale et al. That summer where we sold Keane + Berba and ended up with Pav, Bent and Campbell on loan was probably the last straw, looking back at it.

I think he won't sell to United, or anyone else in the PL considered big enough to be direct rivals to us...*provided* he can convince an equally prestigious foreign club to come in and make an equivalent offer for that same unsettled player. It won't always work - we got lucky with Madrid wanting both Bale and Modric, and there's no guarantee that there will always be a club big enough (Barca, Madrid, Bayern, PSG et al) to both convince the player to choose them and pay what Levy asks for. In that scenario, we'll probably see a sale to a domestic rival, although it will probably be accompanied by a Chairman's statement (or any sort of public declaration) about us having no choice in the matter.

Rose has to be careful against West Ham, he is on 4 yellows and we really cannot afford to have him suspended against Chelsea

Back