• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

You believe that? Lockdowns rely on civic obedience which the UK doesn’t have. If people continue to mix socially it will take far too long for the numbers to come down. It took nearly four months in Melbourne from a starting point of 700 a day. You’re on thousands a day. The police don’t have the resources to implement the rules as fully as they need go be.

This, the mo rons on the street partying and getting tinkled are braindead.

I’ll guarantee you people in the UK disregard the rules elongating the lockdown. Come back on here to let me know I’m wrong when you crush the number of daily infections in record time.

You could well be correct but that still does not take away from the fact that there are going to be millions of the majority of law abiding people in the UK who are going to have their lives turned upside down by Covid away from the virus itself by the so called plan from the government which happen by circumstances they cant control like losing their job or their kids education being interrupted or having to wait months more for treatment they are desperate for, so to suggest people are not in this together is not true, everyone is by default if they like it or not. The problem on here is that if you dare to dream that there might be another plan people just make up crap like you want to see people dead or all you care about is the pubs.

I suspect the lockdown might be also to
a) try and allow the NHS not to get absolutely tossered.
b) try to get things at a low enough level to where Xmas season shopping can happen and businesses can not get their knees taken then? Just pondering...

To get people to comply, you have to have an honest viable plan. People don’t believe in this government and are not being presented with a vision for how the UK moves forward in 2021.

How can you expect people, especially the young, to isolate when this government change their plans from week to week? 10 days ago Boris was saying a lockdown was nuclear and crazy, the next week he wants us all to believe it.

I still think some kind of antibody passport might be the way forward. It’s obviously not scientifically sound as it’s not discussed, but letting people who have immunity go out and get things moving again has to be one possibility worth exploring.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

To get people to comply, you have to have an honest viable plan. People don’t believe in this government and are not being presented with a vision for how the UK moves forward in 2021.

How can you expect people, especially the young, to isolate when this government change their plans from week to week? 10 days ago Boris was saying a lockdown was nuclear and crazy, the next week he wants us all to believe it.

I still think some kind of antibody passport might be the way forward. It’s obviously not scientifically sound as it’s not discussed, but letting people who have immunity go out and get things moving again has to be one possibility worth exploring.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I pretty much agree with all of that.

There does need to be a plan C because waiting for a vaccine could be waiting till this time neaxt yeat and the idea of plunging a country into further turmoil is not a plan as far as I can see
No one wants a lockdown mate, it brings problems of its own as we all know only too well. But letting the virus rip through the population is not an option either. The government though wanted to have its cake and eat it. Open everything up in the summer without adequate controls in place or a proper functioning test, trace and isolate system in place. In reality, as Professor Sridhar explained, the summer was actually the time to go after the virus to make the winter less risky.

My cousin who lost his mum to covid 19 is a children’s oncology physiotherapist. Pre covid he treated terminally ill children so he is used to working in harrowing situations. During the 1st wave he switched to respiratory physio to help out with covid patient care in icu. He said to me in the spring that he has never seen anything like Covid in the way that if the disease takes hold there was literally nothing that could be done.

Another cousin is an infection control nurse in a London hospital. She is in her mid 40s and a nurse with 20 years experience. She was the one who told me about the number of body bags being removed every day during the peak in the Spring. She caught covid herself but fortunately recovered albeit with scarring of her lungs which is still affecting her 5 months after she had “recovered.” Health workers in the Uk are just not used to seeing so many deaths or permanent damage arising from infectious disease.

On the point about protecting only the vulnerable, one of my staff lost her father in law last week. He was 94 years old and housebound so must have caught covid from one of his home carers. He died of covid pneumonia.

Incidentally, my cousin who lost his mum and his wife have just had a baby. They have only just got round to clearing my aunts house and in one of the rooms they found a baby’s blanket and a little bunny that my aunt had obviously bought for little one but was unable to give to her in person. Those daily death counts are not just statistics they are real people.

I was blasé until I lost my aunt. I respect that there are many people who are suffering because of the lockdown, but at a very basic level, if you are governing the country you deal first with the most imminent threat which is covid 19, on the basis that you can deal with the other problems associated with lockdown once this threat has been dealt with.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with people though, you have to follow what the government dictate regardless with what is written on here, its just opinion. Ultimately a million people lost their jobs so far, 9 million are taking less wages

Without sounding glib, yes it is not good, but at least they are alive and have a chance to pick things up again once this nightmare is over and it will end. This country survived the break up of its empire and two world wars to become the fifth largest economy in the world. As the brexiteers keep reminding us, this is a great country which will be fine whatever is thrown at it.

15,000 more died from non Covid deaths because they could not get treatment

Even more will die if the health service is swamped by covid cases. The point of the controls are primarily to stop the health service from becoming overrun. Unfortunately during the first wave the government and NHS scared people with genuine non covid conditions from seeking treatment in hospitals that had the capacity.

No one wants a lockdown mate, it brings problems of its own as we all know only too well. But letting the virus rip through the population is not an option either. The government though wanted to have its cake and eat it. Open everything up in the summer without adequate controls in place or a proper functioning test, trace and isolate system in place. In reality, as Professor Sridhar explained, the summer was actually the time to go after the virus to make the winter less risky.

My cousin who lost his mum to covid 19 is a children’s oncology physiotherapist. Pre covid he treated terminally ill children so he is used to working in harrowing situations. During the 1st wave he switched to respiratory physio to help out with covid patient care in icu. He said to me in the spring that he has never seen anything like Covid in the way that if the disease takes hold there was literally nothing that could be done.

Another cousin is an infection control nurse in a London hospital. She is in her mid 40s and a nurse with 20 years experience. She was the one who told me about the number of body bags being removed every day during the peak in the Spring. She caught covid herself but fortunately recovered albeit with scarring of her lungs which is still affecting her 5 months after she had “recovered.” Health workers in the Uk are just not used to seeing so many deaths or permanent damage arising from infectious disease.

On the point about protecting only the vulnerable, one of my staff lost her father in law last week. He was 94 years old and housebound so must have caught covid from one of his home carers. He died of covid pneumonia.

Incidentally, my cousin who lost his mum and his wife have just had a baby. They have only just got round to clearing my aunts house and in one of the rooms they found a baby’s blanket and a little bunny that my aunt had obviously bought for little one but was unable to give to her in person. Those daily death counts are not just statistics they are real people.

I was blasé until I lost my aunt. I respect that there are many people who are suffering because of the lockdown, but at a very basic level, if you are governing the country you deal first with the most imminent threat which is covid 19, on the basis that you can deal with the other problems associated with lockdown once this threat has been dealt with.

I agree with alot of that and the idea that others try to paint that I want this to be some kind of choice between letting people live and letting it rip is rubbish, I like to think you know that but others are trying to suggest otherwise. To give the argument balance and prove that not long ago I was arguing that by giving Pubs more carte blanche than other organisations we had the balance wrong the other way, we were seriously considering pubs over education or getting people back to work, it was more recreation was more important than the idea people might want to go and do a days work. Conversely like I said at the time too I had people who had been home for 4 months crying to me and other people at our company not because they were selfishly worried about their bank balance but because to some work is all they knew monday to friday for the last 15 years with some, its hard to tell those people to shape up.

I just do not buy the idea that Lockdown and release for the UK is the right way to go and I strongly believe the grand sum of damage by that far outweighs what we think we are doing right, as we sit today, forget about the rest of the world because the idea we can be Taiwan or NZ as mentioned earlier is gone, thats impossible now.

This open letter from a Dr who runs Londons largest visiting Dr service. Its the balance I have been harping on about for weeks that I strongly believe in, even if others dont and they want to get personal about it. Its not just a right winged idea to care about the wider implications of the current plan or lack of it as some like to make it out to be.

In a hypothetical scenario of society returning to full normality tomorrow, with health services unburdened by any Covid infections, the shock waves from the first lockdown would be felt for years. Backlogs are enormous and many conditions will worsen and become harder to treat after presenting at a much later stage. There is no quick fix to the damage already done.

Just as we're managing to get that raging fire under some sort of control, a second shutdown will whip those flames back up into a towering inferno. So far, epidemiological models have done a poor job of predicting the potential spread of the virus.

As far as I'm aware they haven't even attempted to estimate the non-Covid health consequences of another shutdown. All we are fed is "reasonable worst case scenarios" which make no reference to the suffering millions will endure from other illnesses.

Earlier this week a Macmillan Cancer study revealed there were up to an additional 50,000 people with undiagnosed cancer due to the pandemic, with many more experiencing disruption in their treatment. How many of those will go on to experience significant issues because of the delays?

It's just a fact that an undetected tumour poses a far greater risk to the patient than this virus, which the vast majority will recover from.

Every government action and policy has been judged on one metric - the spread of the virus. Another lockdown may artificially slow Covid, but for patients suffering from cancer, heart problems, mental health issues and many, many other illnesses, it will push them further to the back of the queue.

Ministers will assure us that these forgotten patients will receive the care they need, just like they assured us back in March. They've ignored the non-Covid health crisis for months and will continue to do so in their bloody war against Covid-19.

What happens when we emerge from our homes and survey the smoking rubble that was once our economy and society? We will start the same cycle again. It can't go on, ducking in and out of lockdown, desperately waiting and praying for a vaccine that may never come in the form we hope, whilst destroying so much of what we hold dear.

Another lockdown may save lives from the virus, but we can't ignore the fact that it will cost countless others.

@Legohamster do you understand what a 14 day average is? Maybe call you maths teacher and ask for a refund.

Do you understand the damage a lockdown does, or have you got your head in the sand still ?

Speak of Maths, how are all the “not predictions” coming form the modelling

Only 25k off the “not prediction”

Without sounding glib, yes it is not good, but at least they are alive and have a chance to pick things up again once this nightmare is over and it will end. This country survived the break up of its empire and two world wars to become the fifth largest economy in the world. As the brexiteers keep reminding us, this is a great country which will be fine whatever is thrown at it.

Even more will die if the health service is swamped by covid cases. The point of the controls are primarily to stop the health service from becoming overrun. Unfortunately during the first wave the government and NHS scared people with genuine non covid conditions from seeking treatment in hospitals that had the capacity.

The Peak was before the first lockdown and even the NHS wasn’t over run, the NHS is busy at this time of year, It’s normal for over a thousand people to be admitted a day for respiratory problems at this time of year.

from the BBC
occupancy figures suggest there were around 30,000 beds unoccupied across the UK in the summer - three times as many as was normally the case before the pandemic hit.

Last edited:
Do you understand the damage a lockdown does, or have you got your head in the sand still ?

Speak of Maths, how are all the “not predictions” coming form the modelling

Only 25k off the “not prediction”

The Peak was before the first lockdown and even the NHS wasn’t over run, the NHS is busy at this time of year, It’s normal for over a thousand people to be admitted a day for respiratory problems at this time of year.

from the BBC
occupancy figures suggest there were around 30,000 beds unoccupied across the UK in the summer - three times as many as was normally the case before the pandemic hit.

I’ve just done a six month plus lockdown, so yes I probably understand more about their effects than you dumbass.

the peak of the 1st wave was in April, during the lockdown.

Can't remember who posted the graphs, but the infections were tailing off before the lockdown even started. It's in this thread somewhere.
Dunno if this are the charts you’re thinking of but looks like case numbers, hospitalisations and deaths peaked a couple of weeks after the lockdown began on March 23rd...

65D7B8D4-8EDE-4C25-8DBF-B4D31536D25F.jpeg A0CE300B-96F1-43A6-A799-009D78E2295C.jpeg E6BAC5A9-EC7A-4492-A5BE-CB540F99212E.jpeg

Back