• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I get the distinct impression that LH out of LGW has been on the cards for removal for some time now. Reading the above doesn't convince me otherwise for some reason - maybe that's just in the voice of whoever took the notes.
As we've moved further away from LGW I've only just realised LHR isn't much further (if at all). Of course it's the traffic that can make the difference, the A3 is decent but the M25 is anyone's guess (plus the train is not an option to LHR). That said the run to LGW can be ugly.

Gutted about Flybe as that has seriously put a hold on looking to buy somewhere in West coast France. Southampton is tinkle easy to use. With Flybe gone I'm not sure what load Southampton has now?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/04/29/09/27786380-8268215-image-a-6_1588150143465.jpg

A nice easy-to-understand graph which helps to show how the UK mortality figures at the press conferences each day (hospital deaths only) have been massaged by the government.

No doubt the Z line doesn’t correspond to the M ratio, and the statistician wasn’t eating Smarties, wearing a bowler hat and balancing on one foot while putting the figures together...:rolleyes:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/04/29/09/27786380-8268215-image-a-6_1588150143465.jpg

A nice easy-to-understand graph which helps to show how the UK mortality figures at the press conferences each day (hospital deaths only) have been massaged by the government.

No doubt the Z line doesn’t correspond to the M ratio, and the statistician wasn’t eating Smarties, wearing a bowler hat and balancing on one foot while putting the figures together...:rolleyes:
That's a much better graph. Lacks context without COVID-19 vs non or a trace line for standardised "normal" numbers, but it's an improvement on the nonsense from earlier.

As we've moved further away from LGW I've only just realised LHR isn't much further (if at all). Of course it's the traffic that can make the difference, the A3 is decent but the M25 is anyone's guess (plus the train is not an option to LHR). That said the run to LGW can be ugly.

Gutted about Flybe as that has seriously put a hold on looking to buy somewhere in West coast France. Southampton is tinkle easy to use. With Flybe gone I'm not sure what load Southampton has now?

Can you take a ferry? They have those catamarans that land in the Nort West of France. Fast. Can put the car on the ferry. And you arrive in a picturesque part of France, from where you can drive down the coast. Better than driving on dull motorway from Callais.

Im sorry to inform you but thats a ban. Your not allowed to link anything from the daily mail.

Racist.

If we are going down that road I’d prioritise something that better enforced dog owners to clear up their dogs brick in the street.

America is so much better with their dog walking parks. So that normal people can enjoy the parks with stepping in dog poo or having dogs jumping on them.

Why do we need dog walking parks?

Priory Park just doesn't allow dogs. That's the easy answer.

Well that i agree with. We used to have a dog. Was a bassett that was always on a lead, had to be dragged for a walk. But i hate if i am on a nice walk in the countryside dogs running up to me.

You want a dog its your business but i dont inflict myself on others and feel everyone should be the same way.

It is the thing i like most about the national trust how they dont allow dogs in, except occasionally some afternoons

Can you take a ferry? They have those catamarans that land in the Nort West of France. Fast. Can put the car on the ferry. And you arrive in a picturesque part of France, from where you can drive down the coast. Better than driving on dull motorway from Callais.
Oh yes...Portsmouth is 30 mins to the port for us. We do it a lot, we have VW snooze wagon as well. Check the prices though it's regularly £450/500 return down this end of the channel.

It was more if one of us (or family/friends) want to hop out to Nantes, La Rochelle, Bordeaux etc...the Flybe routes were mega convenient. Just use it as a shuttle when all of us might be on different time schedule

Back