• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

You could argue that the appointment of Moyes was an attempt at long-term planning, but they were not willing to be patient. LVG was a short-term fix. Mourinho is a desperate short-term fix.

they'd given up on the long term planing long before Sir Alex left, hence the state of the squad Moyes inherited

it's both a credit to Fergie in what he achieved in his last season and indictment on his legacy

Fergie did have a long term plan, he stuck with a group of players for 10-15 years....and added one or two class acts per season, Stam, RVN, Berba...

But when he knew the end was coming he let the team expire, which you can kind of understand, I believe his mind was, I can't rebuild a long term team again

Man United should have given a manager the role and stuck to him as a longer term project, I really believe Moyes would have done well for them...

You could argue that the appointment of Moyes was an attempt at long-term planning, but they were not willing to be patient. LVG was a short-term fix. Mourinho is a desperate short-term fix.

This... I'm sure when the Glazers appointed Moyes they were very happy to go ahead and appoint him for a long term plan until they realised for the first time since taking control of the club that long term plans don't always get you some of the things your used to in the short term (Champions League football being the main).

They panicked, the whole club and fan base pretty much did to. Losing a manager after that long in charge must be a huge shock to the system. Especially for a fan base that he built up such a entitilment complex. A bit like Liverpool must have felt when the 80's ended and the 90's began.

FWIW I think United will challenge for the title this season but I can't see Mourinho being here for five years, let alone 20.

They also had Gill leave so it was Woodward and the gaggle of little Glazers in charge. They give a good impression of not having a clue. I remember years ago one of the lesser Glazers made a real mess of recruiting a new coach at Tampa Bay. They ended up getting lucky although they mortgaged their future.

I wonder if Arsenal will have better luck in their succession.

Wow. Buy for £4.4m sell for £30m. Not a bad piece of business for a 22 year old defender. Daniel would be proud of a deal like that.

Fits with their recent signings. Top prices for players yet to reach that level.

Or it fits in very well with the typical Mourinho signings. Quite expensive, though not top money in the market, for exactly the player he thinks is the best fit. Someone that will come in without a huge ego and will feel that he owes Mourinho a lot

I suppose a comparison can be made with Martial, though he has been one of the more successful signings at United since Ferguson left.

If he's actually a good fit to play in the style Mourinho wants United to play it represents a huge change for United as they seemingly haven't signed a player to fit their style of play since Ferguson left.

Or it fits in very well with the typical Mourinho signings. Quite expensive, though not top money in the market, for exactly the player he thinks is the best fit. Someone that will come in without a huge ego and will feel that he owes Mourinho a lot

I suppose a comparison can be made with Martial, though he has been one of the more successful signings at United since Ferguson left.

If he's actually a good fit to play in the style Mourinho wants United to play it represents a huge change for United as they seemingly haven't signed a player to fit their style of play since Ferguson left.

Martial will end up costing United somewhere in the region of 70M ... absolutely stupid top money

Aparently David De Gea is involved in a rape case, I'll see if I can find a link..

Edit.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/national-teams/2016/06/10/575ac480ca4741b4688b4581.html

There are rumors that he has been sent home from the Euros. No idea if this is true or not, just seen it on redcafe.

He fudging should be sent home. If he was a journo working at the tournament for instance the BBC or whoever would have suspended him.
It doesnt matter whether he is innocent or not you have to suspend someone in these circumstances.

manchester.jpg

CmSPLliWEAAB5Wl.jpg

Back