• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

hahaha .. I just fudgeing spat my drink out ...

If United win the league next year, then Mourinho is the best manager in the world. That side is so far from a title winning side its amazing, add in, Mourinho is going to get players that will likely push the only good thing about United this season aside (the young players), I just don't see it.

Top 4 = sure, a Cup win = sure, win the PL = no

United is going to have to pay way over the odds (it will be a extremely competitive market re money, they have no CL and for once, he won't be the manager everyone wants to work with) for second choice players.

Manure is in full panic mode now, they are going to go 100% short term and won't solve any of the deeper issues at the club, just punt it for another year or two.

Well money is not an issue, they have plenty and are no longer shy or scared about spending/wasting it.

I agree players might be more reluctant to join and play for Mourinho but there will be enough mercenaries out there willing to take the chance if the money is enough.

Mourinho is all about the short term. He is not going in there to create a dynasty, all he wants is immediate glory and gratification and he will be gone in a few years.

Guardiola has a big job to do at City, aging squad with hardly any youngsters coming through, agsin they will be spending big but Guardiola will need more time to get his ideas across and see if his methods work in the PL. Mourinho has an advantage in that he has been a success here, he knows the league, the teams

Who else is a threat to Mourinho? Wenger, don't make me laugh. They will get their top 4 place and finish above Spurs and the fans will be hailing another great season. Conte? Chels are a huge mess and he can't even start his job until he finished with Italy.

Please don't tell me you think Spurs are going to win the league. Imo we will be doing well to get to 70 points again and I'm not sure where that will have us finish

Maybe you think Leicester will be champions again ;)

Mourinho is the best manager in the world, I don't see any reasonable argument to that, maybe 5 years from now Simeone will have a couple of EC's and be in the conversation. I'm a big fan of Ancelotti but he's got a tap in at Bayern, they should comfortably win the CL next year (although they should have been doing that for a while), his reputation can only go one way in that job.

Anything other than a United procession next season will surprise me, let's not forget they led for the first half of this season before a ridiculous run of injuries.

Don't underestimate the genius of Jose or the spending power and draw of United.

Mourinho is the best manager in the world, I don't see any reasonable argument to that, maybe 5 years from now Simeone will have a couple of EC's and be in the conversation. I'm a big fan of Ancelotti but he's got a tap in at Bayern, they should comfortably win the CL next year (although they should have been doing that for a while), his reputation can only go one way in that job.

Anything other than a United procession next season will surprise me, let's not forget they led for the first half of this season before a ridiculous run of injuries.

Don't underestimate the genius of Jose or the spending power and draw of United.

Spending like a drunk in a brothel, sure they can do that, problem is there are a lot of other drunks already in brothel, who actually have more cash, and there is a limited inventory of quality.

Mourinho was genius, Madrid & 2nd Cheat$ki run showed he has let his flaws overshadow his ability.

Can he turn it around? sure, likely in 1 season = no

Well money is not an issue, they have plenty and are no longer shy or scared about spending/wasting it.

I agree players might be more reluctant to join and play for Mourinho but there will be enough mercenaries out there willing to take the chance if the money is enough.

Mourinho is all about the short term. He is not going in there to create a dynasty, all he wants is immediate glory and gratification and he will be gone in a few years.

Guardiola has a big job to do at City, aging squad with hardly any youngsters coming through, agsin they will be spending big but Guardiola will need more time to get his ideas across and see if his methods work in the PL. Mourinho has an advantage in that he has been a success here, he knows the league, the teams

Who else is a threat to Mourinho? Wenger, don't make me laugh. They will get their top 4 place and finish above Spurs and the fans will be hailing another great season. Conte? Chels are a huge mess and he can't even start his job until he finished with Italy.

Please don't tell me you think Spurs are going to win the league. Imo we will be doing well to get to 70 points again and I'm not sure where that will have us finish

Maybe you think Leicester will be champions again ;)

City will outspend everyone, have the draw of Pep, and have CL to offer. Honestly, without dead man walking as a manager for half the season, the title was City's, add a couple of players in right positions and a motivated squad with new manager, its' theirs to loose.

United will have to outspend them, and Cheat$ki, who while they won't have Conte till after Italy, they will still outspend United. (and Cheat$ki is very accustomed to dealing with player/manager churn and still producing results under RA)

United are a mess, no CL, so is Jose going to throw Europa? or does he have to deal with 15+ extra games with a brick squad. Mata will be a problem, Carrick will likely go, really don't see Jose giving any of the youngsters a real run, what does he do with Rooney? (and what impact does that have in dressing room)

Was actually hoping to have seen the back of Bourinho in England. Find him very boring now, attention seeking, irritating, arrogant, predictable. Love to see him fail at Utd.

The only sure thing is that with the managers coming in and those already there, the premier league will be absolutely explosive next season. And Everton may yet bring in FDB. I cannot remember a season that promised to be so competitive. We need to bring in a couple of astute signings but I don't see that there is anything to be afraid of. It is likely that these "mighty'" clubs will compete for the same players, so I think it will be difficult for any single club to go out and "buy a team" and any new players will need time to bed in anyway. Imo it is impossible to predict the champions next season. Utd have been nonentitites in the league for three seasons on that basis I think it will take at least one season for mourinho to make them champs again especially in view of the competition. What ever posters think about Leicester (and I know they are still being written off), they go into next season as emphatic league champions, they will have tremendous confidence. They are unlikely to win it again but I am sure they will not be far off and will have a big say on who wins.

Spending like a drunk in a brothel, sure they can do that, problem is there are a lot of other drunks already in brothel, who actually have more cash, and there is a limited inventory of quality.

Mourinho was genius, Madrid & 2nd Cheat$ki run showed he has let his flaws overshadow his ability.

Can he turn it around? sure, likely in 1 season = no

City will outspend everyone, have the draw of Pep, and have CL to offer. Honestly, without dead man walking as a manager for half the season, the title was City's, add a couple of players in right positions and a motivated squad with new manager, its' theirs to loose.

United will have to outspend them, and Cheat$ki, who while they won't have Conte till after Italy, they will still outspend United. (and Cheat$ki is very accustomed to dealing with player/manager churn and still producing results under RA)

United are a mess, no CL, so is Jose going to throw Europa? or does he have to deal with 15+ extra games with a brick squad. Mata will be a problem, Carrick will likely go, really don't see Jose giving any of the youngsters a real run, what does he do with Rooney? (and what impact does that have in dressing room)

Mourinho and United will be a huge draw for players. No doubt.

As Indian points out, there isn't a guaranteed 90 point type team around at the moment. Far from guaranteed that there will be one next season, not difficult to imagine a Mourinho led United challenging, though of course not guaranteed.

Both at Madrid and second spell at Chelsea he won the league though. And that up against Pep' magnificent Barcelona while at Real. And with a Chelsea team that only Hiddink had won the league with since Mourinho left.

For sure there are issues at Chelsea. Backroom and players. This is what Mourinho deals with time and time again though. Were there not issues at Real, Chelsea or Inter?

They have a strong group of players lacking a style of play and 3-4 key players. Adding those ingredients for short term success is what Mourinho excels at.

whats the cost of not winning in the short term?

Huge, I agree.

And for a club in their financial and footballing position the potential long term cost that a Mourinho fallout might bring can actually be dealt with fairly comfortably. A lot easier than 2-3 more years of struggling to even get into the CL.

Huge, I agree.

And for a club in their financial and footballing position the potential long term cost that a Mourinho fallout might bring can actually be dealt with fairly comfortably. A lot easier than 2-3 more years of struggling to even get into the CL.

I think you are seeing and are going to see a lot more panic in clubs over next couple of years.

- If people think that the PL will stay wide open, they are making a mistake
- They will be a resettling of the order, we will get back to 4/5 clubs being the predictable, every year players

what you are seeing at United & Pool is clubs that have to be in those spots to make their financial model work long term

I do think people are overestimating the draw a CL less United has, they won't be able to outspend multiple clubs in the PL, and you have Madrid/PSG/etc. on the continent. They won't get that many first choice/wc players

The dynamic in the PL is obviously slightly different but there are plenty of clubs in Europe who have had success with shuffling short term appointments.

Without CL next season having Jose there helps United attract, players do want to work with him.

Also they still have the cache of being "Manchester United", that's not an unlimited currency but it will still be valid for some time yet.

I was thinking more about United's under SAF history and club ethos ........
But money is now seems to be their immediate priority due to their US share listing.

Ferguson stayed at the club because he kept bringing short term success. it wasn't an ethos, it wasn't something different from other clubs. What happened when he left demonstrates that.

He never dropped out of the CL. Had he done so for a season or two it would have been ethos schmeetos and on off you go, just like managers at other top clubs.

Indeed. United have been lucky to have two great managers who stayed for 25 years. But inbetween those two they were like anyone else, possibly worse.

Ferguson stayed at the club because he kept bringing short term success. it wasn't an ethos, it wasn't something different from other clubs. What happened when he left demonstrates that.

He never dropped out of the CL. Had he done so for a season or two it would have been ethos schmeetos and on off you go, just like managers at other top clubs.

Their ethos was one of planning long term or at least trying to! Jose is the antitheses of long term planning!

Their ethos was one of planning long term or at least trying to! Jose is the antitheses of long term planning!

What they've been doing ever since Ferguson left has proven to be the antithesis of long term planning too.

If they have the ability they can plan long term with Mourinho in charge of the short term.

Back