• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Think he is referring to Helenius.....

Either way we need to do something quick on this one - nice opening bid of 16-18m to test the water......gets rejected blah blah then we should just offer what our limit is 22m or something like that.

We really do need to move like lightening on this one!!!!!

How quickly this happens (or doesn't happen) won't just depend on us.

If Villa feel confident that they can get the best out of Benteke for another season despite him handing in a transfer request then they won't be in a massive hurry.

If McNulty is wrong and Benteke prefers a move to Chelsea (seems reasonable), but he isn't Chelsea's first choice then we'll be waiting around to see what happens with Chelsea's preferred option(s).

How much we can bid, and what kind of structured deal we can offer, might depend on what kind of offers we get for the players we're trying to sell. A week or two from now we might be comfortable making a bigger bid than we could today.

Think he is referring to Helenius.....

Either way we need to do something quick on this one - nice opening bid of 16-18m to test the water......gets rejected blah blah then we should just offer what our limit is 22m or something like that.

We really do need to move like lightening on this one!!!!!

agree that we need to act fast, especially as Arse are being distracted by the Higuain deal, Chelsea are pre-occupied by going for Cavani/Rooney/Suarez, and Liverpool are primarily trying to fend off interest in Suarez

Levy, no time to fcuk about. Act now if you want Bentekkers

Villa have said they will sell if someone makes a bid that is acceptable to them. They actually want the deal done asap so Lambert can get on with his own plans during pre season.

Is this a joke?

:ross:

Its good we have different opinions lets just hope levy/baldini/Sherwood/avb are decisive about who we should be in for.

I wonder when you look at the poll on strikers if 10 of us posters had control over transfers would we get a striker deal done???????? or would we all argue and end up with no-one???

I get that people are unsure on this and if it gets to expensive then its no go....I can only see his career getting better...I may be wrong

thats why Villa and Lambert are quite relaxed about the whole situation. They probably already believe they have signed Benteke's replacement in Helenius and will use the Benteke money to strengthen the squad as a whole

How quickly this happens (or doesn't happen) won't just depend on us.

If Villa feel confident that they can get the best out of Benteke for another season despite him handing in a transfer request then they won't be in a massive hurry.

If McNulty is wrong and Benteke prefers a move to Chelsea (seems reasonable), but he isn't Chelsea's first choice then we'll be waiting around to see what happens with Chelsea's preferred option(s).

How much we can bid, and what kind of structured deal we can offer, might depend on what kind of offers we get for the players we're trying to sell. A week or two from now we might be comfortable making a bigger bid than we could today.

I think your right but I see no harm in registering a bid......not a joke bid but villa will want to show the fans resolve so a first bid will be rejected......its all part of the game.....

I really don't know what our remaining budget is player wise.......though ive seen reports of 50m war chest and we have spent 17m Obviously. Even if it leaves us with not much else to play around with I think its worth it... Im sure we could offer 17m today - show benteke were interested ....get an idea what their acceptance level is......need to be decisive on this with other clubs up in the air over potential targets.

Aston Villa place £25 million price tag on striker Christian Benteke to keep him out of clutches of Chelsea

Aston Villa are determined to demand a minimum £25 million for wantaway forward Christian Benteke in an attempt to repel interest from Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea.

Benteke has stunned Villa by handing in a transfer request and is ready to leave less than 12 months after his £8 million arrival from Genk, in a move that is likely to kick off one of the transfer sagas of the summer.

The Belgium international has not travelled with the squad to Germany and has made it clear he will not sign the contract extension that was offered him to last month - a deal that would have doubled his current £20,000 a week salary.

Benteke's bombshell has damaged the feel-good factor created by a substantial squad revamp by manager Paul Lambert this summer but Villa are ready to play hardball and insist they will dictate the future of the 22-year-old.

He still has three years remaining on the contract he signed last summer and it could require up to £30 million to convince owner Randy Lerner to part with his latest prize asset.

Villa are mindful that clubs including Spurs and Chelsea - despite the latter's vast wealth - will be reluctant to pay such a hefty fee for a player with only one Premier League season under his belt, even though he scored scored 23 goals in 39 appearances.

Their stance has been strengthened by their disappointment in the conduct of Benteke's agent, Eris Kismet, who they believe to be hugely influential in Monday's shock development.

Benteke is understood to favour Spurs as a preferred destination, though other clubs including Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina could now register their interest.

However, after the controversial departures of James Milner, Ashley Young, Gareth Barry and Stewart Downing in recent years, Villa are desperate to call the shots and are quietly confident that Benteke could still be their player in September.

A Villa statement read: "Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate timeframe during preseason which meets our valuation we would act upon it.

"But he will remain a Villa player should this not happen. He was reminded that there are three years remaining on his contract, we consider him to be a Villa player and expect that he will be with us for the 2013-14 season."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-to-keep-him-out-of-clutches-of-Chelsea.html

can't see us jumping in early on this one, unless a bidding war starts the longer this goes on the lower the price becomes, Levy will be keeping his powder dry assuming Benteke is someone we are after

can't see us jumping in early on this one, unless a bidding war starts the longer this goes on the lower the price becomes, Levy will be keeping his powder dry assuming Benteke is someone we are after

doubt it....he has 3 years left on his deal, Villa dont have to sell, they will just wait till the end of the window and if no-one comes up with the right offer then the player will simply have to remain at villa. Similar to us and Modric in the summer of 2011

I think your right but I see no harm in registering a bid......not a joke bid but villa will want to show the fans resolve so a first bid will be rejected......its all part of the game.....

I really don't know what our remaining budget is player wise.......though ive seen reports of 50m war chest and we have spent 17m Obviously. Even if it leaves us with not much else to play around with I think its worth it... Im sure we could offer 17m today - show benteke were interested ....get an idea what their acceptance level is......need to be decisive on this with other clubs up in the air over potential targets.

I would expect us to at least register interest if he's one of our top targets. Perhaps try to get Villa's permission to talk to the player and his agent.

Another possibility is of course that it's Soldado we want, a player whose fee will most likely drop as the window progresses. If Benteke is our second choice at this time it makes sense to keep interested, but not move too fast.

Patience is hard in the transfer market, but I do think it's a virtue.

I would expect us to at least register interest if he's one of our top targets. Perhaps try to get Villa's permission to talk to the player and his agent.

Another possibility is of course that it's Soldado we want, a player whose fee will most likely drop as the window progresses. If Benteke is our second choice at this time it makes sense to keep interested, but not move too fast.

Patience is hard in the transfer market, but I do think it's a virtue.

i think Spurs or whoever else is interested have already made their offers to Benteke without Villa's permission to talk. The player's head has been turned it seems

about Soldado, why would his transfer fee drop as the window progresses?

i think Spurs or whoever else is interested have already made their offers to Benteke without Villa's permission to talk. The player's head has been turned it seems

about Soldado, why would his transfer fee drop as the window progresses?

If we could talk to Benteke and try to figure out what the deal is with him and Chelsea that could be very valuable information for us. Like you say we might already have this information, but I'm not sure.

I think the fee might drop as Valencia have serious financial issues already and missed out on Champions League football. The pressure is on them to get some money in the bank and perhaps get their wages down. As the window progresses that pressure will increase I think.

If we could talk to Benteke and try to figure out what the deal is with him and Chelsea that could be very valuable information for us. Like you say we might already have this information, but I'm not sure.

I think the fee might drop as Valencia have serious financial issues already and missed out on Champions League football. The pressure is on them to get some money in the bank and perhaps get their wages down. As the window progresses that pressure will increase I think.

you are right in the respect as time goes by Valencia may be more flexible.... but we have played this game before with little reward...

If we are desperate to push on to establish ourselves in the top 4 with a chance of winning trophies then we need to act.... im not comfortable in the slightest with just 2 strikers....WE ARE DESPERATE if we have a limit of signing him whats the point in waiting on Benteke - Villa are in a decent position it makes no sense to wait.....now seems to be the perfect opportunity to go in hard when arse chels pool have so many ins & outs in the limbo stage.

There should be a rule, stay the fudge away from one season wonders, especially when spunking £20m on one.

There should be a rule, stay the fudge away from one season wonders, especially when spunking £20m on one.

we have a classy midfield but it means jack if we aren't healthy up front - we need more than 2 strikers - Dempsey isn't considered a cf.

what would you have us do???? he has proven himself in a season compared to someone we may buy who hasn't played in the epl i.e Soldado.....

we are not in the market for the proven strikers - Falcao, Cavani, Rooney, Suarez.... every transfer is a gamble nothing is certain you pay the money hoping your judgement on a player is correct... Benteke will get better and is drogba mark 2...... why the fook wouldn't we spunk 20m on him....could be elite striker bracket in a few years and we would make a profit.

ideally we need 4 strikers next season......I think Benteke & Bale would be amazing but that's just me.

Who would you suggest we go for and what sort of fee do you think we could get it done????

25m for Benteke? In that case lets go for the Soldado's, Dzekos of this world who have proven it for more than a season. My view.

25m for Benteke? In that case lets go for the Soldado's, Dzekos of this world who have proven it for more than a season. My view.

which is all good...

Dzeko wages are a no go and Benteke has more experience in our league than Soldado!!!!!! Morientes could be used as an comparison but I think soldado would be productive.

All boils down to potential........Benteke has the potential imo to be in the elite striker bracket in 2 years with decent coaching. Yes Ive had one season watching him but was so impressed........I saw that his first touch occasionally lets him down but I wonder if that was concentration or being frustrated with how things were going in game for Villa.

Everything else I saw suggests to me he is a player we would be lucky to acquire. Pace Strength decent movement....busting a gut to get to the right place at the right time an absolute beast in the air (he would score loads of headed goals from corners free kicks ect) his presence bricks up opposition defenders his hold up play is excellent.

plus I feel potentially he would be a better investment than the other two and could rake us in a fortune even if we sold like villa after 1 season..... imo he is too good to be a one season wonder - I see barely any weaknesses and a player who can play the lone striker role to perfection.

Back