• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

It would reinforce the post above about European football and not CL specifically.

£15m + a player or two and bonuses.

Noe Pamarot went on a strike to join us.

Vertonghen did everything correct in my opinion. Said he would have no problem playing another year for Ajax and wait to move untill he's out of contract.
Nothing wrong with that, Ajax were given an option to either get what money they could, or to have him honor his contract and leave when it has expired.

I don't think it's a bad thing with a player handing in a transfer request to be honest.
Shows he is willing to lose out on money from selling club to get his move, and he makes his intentions clear. Clean way of doing stuff.
I have much more against players who cry when offers aren't accepted and do every trick in the book to force a clubs hand
- everything BUT to hand in a transfer request, as they are greedy fudges and want their "loyalty" bonus.

100% with you on this....cannot stand it when players do this

If a player wants a transfer for whatever reason, then put in an official request just like Benteke has. Its then up to any interested parties to come forward with an acceptable offer for the club. Simple.

@philmcnulty
Here's some info from a reliable Belgian source: @HLNinEngeland Christian #Benteke is keen on a move to #THFC, not to #CFC.

----

@Matt_Law_SM
“@HLNinEngeland: Christian #Benteke is keen on a move to #THFC, not to #CFC.” This is spot on. Spurs are Benteke's preferred destination

Get in!

Was thinking it would be stupid of firstly him to go to Chelsea, and also for Chelsea to sign him. They already have a big burly pacey Belgian in Lukaku, and if they were to go for Benteke it would be pointless in that regard. The only reason they would be doing it would be so we didn't get him, and I think Benteke seems smart enough to know that.

Seriously if they were to sign Benteke after getting Lukaku, who looked really good, back from his loan, then what was the point of getting Lukaku in the first place? He can be their new Drogba, while we will take our own.

Only problem seems to be Duncan Castles seems to think Chelsea are the main runners for Benteke, and he's usually pretty clued in about us. You'd think if we were closer than Chelsea, he would run with that.

@philmcnulty
Here's some info from a reliable Belgian source: @HLNinEngeland Christian #Benteke is keen on a move to #THFC, not to #CFC.

----

@Matt_Law_SM
“@HLNinEngeland: Christian #Benteke is keen on a move to #THFC, not to #CFC.” This is spot on. Spurs are Benteke's preferred destination

tumblr_m3k5sueZCY1qbx51ho1_250.gif

Get in!

Was thinking it would be stupid of firstly him to go to Chelsea, and also for Chelsea to sign him. They already have a big burly pacey Belgian in Lukaku, and if they were to go for Benteke it would be pointless in that regard. The only reason they would be doing it would be so we didn't get him, and I think Benteke seems smart enough to know that.

Seriously if they were to sign Benteke after getting Lukaku, who looked really good, back from his loan, then what was the point of getting Lukaku in the first place? He can be their new Drogba, while we will take our own.

Only problem seems to be Duncan Castles seems to think Chelsea are the main runners for Benteke, and he's usually pretty clued in about us. You'd think if we were closer than Chelsea, he would run with that.

I wouldn't mind Lukaku either to be honest.

Benteke makes so much sense... Verts, Moussa, Benteke...Lukakau and AVB don't get on, plus they won't sell him to us. Benteke is better...

Would love Lukaku, but I'm scared even thinking about what Abramovich would demand if Levy were to contact him.

Mineral rights to some country and Joe Lewis' new yacht.

I have a feeling we'll be in for one of Baldini's old boys - Osvaldo maybe. Vucinic looks to be a spare in Juve too. I wouldn't mind wither of those actually. I'm not fussy.

Thinking about this a bit more, with an official transfer request in, I wouldn't be surprised if we've had a word or somehow made it known that we want him. Maybe we pulled out of the David Villa deal because of it? Aston Villa wanted it sorted quickly, so it could work well for us.

I would very much like it to happen...I'll let Levy worry about how much.

If this goes ahead I can see Villa beibng interested in Scott Parker, he is what they need in the middle, an experienced leader. Maybe Defoe as well. But player swap deals rarely come to fruition in reality.

Is it just me who really dosen't see Defoe as a Lambert type of player? Thought he liked to build his attack around a strong hold up cf, and as much as Defoe tried to do that last season, he's not really good at it.

Is it just me who really dosen't see Defoe as a Lambert type of player? Thought he liked to build his attack around a strong hold up cf, and as much as Defoe tried to do that last season, he's not really good at it.

Lambert wont buy Defoe imo

He has already signed a big Danish young striker and can see him going for another similar big striker but maybe one a bit more experienced.

Lambert wont buy Defoe imo

He has already signed a big Danish young striker and can see him going for another similar big striker but maybe one a bit more experienced.

Are you thinking of Andreas Cornelius? He went to Cardiff. Villa signed the young Danish CB, Okore.

Interesting quote from McNulty.

If Benteke is concerned about establishing himself as first choice for Belgium I think a move to us makes sense. A lot of strikers have gone to Chelsea only to find themselves on the bench.

I wouldn't expect that to matter though if Chelsea really want him and start throwing money his way, combined with CL football that's pretty strong.

Are you thinking of Andreas Cornelius? He went to Cardiff. Villa signed the young Danish CB, Okore.

Think he is referring to Helenius.....

Either way we need to do something quick on this one - nice opening bid of 16-18m to test the water......gets rejected blah blah then we should just offer what our limit is 22m or something like that.

We really do need to move like lightening on this one!!!!!

no, there is another young Danish striker. this lad...

Nicklas Helenius: Aston Villa sign striker from Aalborg

Aston Villa have signed striker Nicklas Helenius from Aalborg for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

The 22-year-old Dane becomes Villa boss Paul Lambert's fourth summer signing following the arrivals of Aleksandar Tonev, Jores Okore and Leandro Bacuna.

"Nicklas is a young lad but also a full international with a good goalscoring record in Denmark. He'll prove himself in the Premier League," Lambert said.

"The chance will be there for him, as it will be for the rest of the lads."

Helenius has scored scored 29 goals in 55 league appearances during the past two seasons for Aalborg.

He has two caps for the Denmark team, making his debut against Slovakia last August.

"He has all the attributes to go and take it," added Lambert.

"He wants to go and make a name and a career for himself and he's made a good start at Aalborg. It's a case of continuing to work hard and building on that and I believe he can.

"He's a good player and the potential is there for him to grow into the team and grow with the team. He'll definitely be able to give the team a hand."

Aalborg are coached by former Villa centre-half Kent Nielsen, who spent two seasons with the Birmingham club after being brought to England by Graham Taylor in the summer of 1989.

"I learnt a lot over the past few seasons with Kent Nielsen as my manager," said Helenius. "He was a player here at Villa and, while I have always been a good finisher, he taught me to be more aggressive and determined when I don't have the ball. He showed me how to work hard and this will help me in this league.

"I thought that maybe when I was 28 or something I might eventually be able to move to the Premier League having made my mark in Danish football but now I have my chance and I think this is the right club for me with all the other young players in the side who want to do well and achieve something together.

"I want to show the fans that I'm hungry for this and that I'm very proud to be a Villa player."

Back