• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Well, not really a conspiracy theorist, that said

There certainly was enough money at risk for a number of people to put some safeguards in place. 3 shots on goal in first 60 odd minutes, 3 goalkeeper errors that lead directly to goals … hmmmm

How do you bribe a keeper that no one realised would be playing until half an hour before the game?

Every Gooner I spoke to today admits it must have been dodgy. As a professional goalkeeper you don't let in goals that easy. Let alone two.

Every Gooner I spoke to today admits it must have been dodgy. As a professional goalkeeper you don't let in goals that easy. Let alone two.

Lets start with the fact he's a pretty brick keeper. Add in that he hadn't played a premier league game in 2 years. Add in that he didn't think he was gonna be playing until Foster got injured in the warmup. So he's a brick keeper, completely unprepared for the game, hasn't played at this level for 2 years and you get what happened yesterday.

Lets start with the fact he's a pretty brick keeper. Add in that he hadn't played a premier league game in 2 years. Add in that he didn't think he was gonna be playing until Foster got injured in the warmup. So he's a brick keeper, completely unprepared for the game, hasn't played at this level for 2 years and you get what happened yesterday.

But one blunder like that is a mistake. Two blunders like that is no mistake.

If you go to a Stadium Tour at the Lane his name is on the international players' wall of fame.
Time take it off, I think.

Foster was a major doubt before the game

if he warmed up and didn't make it, its hardly a surprise

I don't hold with conspiracy theories

But I'm more than happy to believe in people being paid to have a bad game, as poor as Fulop is, nobody who trains and plays at a premier league club is that bad.

I would like to see his assets and bank accounts investigated - I'm sure he would welcome the opportunity to prove that he's clean.

How is that working out? Do FC United still get a decent no of ex united fans each week? Do fans still protest about the real Man Utd or have they moved on etc

FC United get many disgruntled ex-MUFC diehards. Moved on I guess; their places taken by more Utd fans from Surrey, no doubt! :D That is what I am told.

Or he expected to not be playing again before his holidays so his head isn't in the right place, has a dodgy moment early on which makes his concentration even worse, then is brick for the rest of the game. No bungs/gooner spies/aliens required.

The dodgy lasange on the other hand...

But Fulop - if he managed to do that first mistake on purpose, or even that dodgy puch, then good luck to him, he's got a long career in the circus when he retires from football.

Whilst I don't like the idea of being bankrolled by a sugar daddy, it seems that the alternative is for clubs to 'earn' the money themselves. Which suggests things like extortionately high ticket prices, bowing to pressures from sponsors and TV commissioners, etc. I'm not sure if that sounds like the 'right' way of achieving success either.

bit of a defeatist attitude - why should you only be limited to those two options, like it or lump it basically ? if there are enough people that are bothered about how football is run, then maybe if they did something about it things might change?

You against 'The Establishment'. You won't get far. The money men rule the roost, and that has become more intensively so over the last 3 decades.

Foster was a major doubt before the game

if he warmed up and didn't make it, its hardly a surprise

I don't hold with conspiracy theories

But I'm more than happy to believe in people being paid to have a bad game, as poor as Fulop is, nobody who trains and plays at a premier league club is that bad.

I would like to see his assets and bank accounts investigated - I'm sure he would welcome the opportunity to prove that he's clean.

Deals like this are done with cash, my friend.

He must have really hated his time at Spurs.

To be fair we don't have a great track record with keepers do we? Robbo, Alnwick, Fulop, Cerny.

?ú2.65 buys you a ticket, 3 pints and a burger

And you stand up

Err.... I don't know how long you have been following football, but I don't remember you being able to get that, even in the mid 1970's +. Maybe just, at some lower league clubs. Yes, you did stand up, or you could do so.

I have just looked at some old concert ticket stubs in a scrapbook. Lynyrd Skynyrd 1977 Sheffield City Hall. ?ú1. Thin Lizzy same venue. Live and Dangerous tour. ?ú1.20. UFO 1978. ?ú1.50. Black Sabbath ?ú1.80. Wishbone Ash 1976 65p!! Going to the cinema at the same time was roughly the same sort of money, and so too it was to stand on the kop for 1st division football. Football has largely outstripped those comparative ticket prices, since then (apart from the really big venue concert tickets/festivals). Its far more expensive to go to PL football than the cinema.

Can you imagine PL chairmen agreeing to those prices now! :D

If Spurs are going to charge top banana prices, and do, then success should be comensurate with that.

The new stadium?

Arsenal had a shiny new big stadium about 5/6 years ago. Just how much money has it generated for new top players for them? The Goons have been moaning for years now about lack of investment in new players. They have got by, by getting the 'bedrock' right; they have a world class manager. Finished above us. Again.

With new stadia come big new mortgages.

You are correct, but in the end it's definitely worth it. Arsenal will reap the rewards when their stadium is eventually all paid for. We don't really have a choice, we have to play in a stadium with increased capacity.

Were the other 10 West Brom players also paid off to only muster up 2 goals?

Perhaps the Arsenal back 4 were also given a few quid because the defending for Albions 2 goals was pretty brick.

The qunt has just had a bad day and it's just sods law it was in a game that directly affected us

You are correct, but in the end it's definitely worth it. Arsenal will reap the rewards when their stadium is eventually all paid for. We don't really have a choice, we have to play in a stadium with increased capacity.

And you are correct too. We HAVE to get a bigger stadium to keep pace, and because currently punter demand outstrips supply. Otherwise we will be held back.

But don't expect it to magically mean we suddenly have hugely increased transfer budgets, to buy the best players. It won't. To get the latter will necessitate new investment.

Back