• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

And how did you find top-flight football in this country before 1992?

All I know is that the likes of Everton, Spurs, Notts Forest, Leeds and others could win the league.

Any team with a great manager and work ethic plus the right mix of talent could do something.

Now the league is purely down to money.

The reason Montpelier and Dortmund can win the league in France and Germany is those leagues haven't been corrupted by sugar daddies as yet, but you watch PSG dominate the French league now. In Germany they have legislated so it cannot happen.

All I know is that the likes of Everton, Spurs, Notts Forest, Leeds and others could win the league.

Any team with a great manager and work ethic plus the right mix of talent could do something.

The reason Montpelier and Dortmund can win the league in France and Germany is those leagues haven't been corrupted by sugar daddies as yet, but you watch PSG dominate the French league now. In Germany they have legislated so it cannot happen.

Very true, especially highlighted. Never to return, I'm afraid.

I lived in Nottingham in the late 1970's, and often went to see the classic Forest Clough side. It will never happen again.

On the right lines I think.

MUFC pre-Glaziers time, a la Martin Edwards etc, were the richest club in the world, with the biggest fanbase, IIRC. Biggest on merchandising etc too.

Why do you think the Glaziers took over? A bunch of septics buy an English football club....and the richest in the world; now why would they do that? And how did they buy them? With their own money???? Nope.

The Glaziers did x2 things when they took over.

1. They delisted MUFC from the stock exchange, so were no longer a plc. So no longer answerable to shareholders, and having to pay shareholders dividends.

2. They bought MUFC by massively putting them in debt, not by buying with their own money. Servicing the debt interest has been crippling to SAF, and the main reason why he cannot buy lots of expensive big name players, like he used to, i.e. Rooney and Ferdinand.

It is this latter issue that many diehard MUFC fans are protesting about, like my bro-in-law, who has been a S/T holder at OT since the 1970's. Many have moved to follow FC United instead.

How is that working out? Do FC United still get a decent no of ex united fans each week? Do fans still protest about the real Man Utd or have they moved on etc

Overall, I much prefer to watch the Premiership of today to what we had to sit through previously. We still had dominating teams and bankrolling years ago - there was just a couple less naughts on the end of every cheque signed.

Ideally the league would have course be more open for the title but for many, this is all they have ever known so I don't see why they are missing a folklore which will never return.

Either stop watching the Premiership (yeah, right!) or accept it for what it is (for some, all it ever has been).

Last edited:
Either stop watching the Premiership (yeah, right!) or accept it for what it is (for some, all it ever has been).

bit of a defeatist attitude - why should you only be limited to those two options, like it or lump it basically ? if there are enough people that are bothered about how football is run, then maybe if they did something about it things might change?

The more I hear 'You couldn't have scripted it' ... or 'no one saw that coming' ...or 'you couldn't make it up' the more I think it WAS... exactly that;
scripted, made-up... pre-planned, paid for... enjoyed by it's Puppet Master owners... endings like yesterday simply DON'T happen, unless they're paid for!

But honestly (and more seriously) had they won it fair and square, and if it weren't for the Middle-eastern money influencing the outcome, I couldn't be more pleased for Emirates Marketing Project... they've ACTUALLY had it tough (how would WE have reacted at being relegated twice??) they were pretty much the Tottenham of Manchester at one point, constantly in their neighbours RED shadow... I actually felt for them, and their pain... but they've paid for and bought the title, so it doesn't quite have the ring of purity about it as it might have... but then again, Blackburn & Chelsea bought THEIR titles... and, much as I hate to admit it, it's probably only ArseAnal who you could say won it in recent memory without questionable decisions, dodgy refereeing... Fergie time... Russian/Middle-Eastern Billions to help them along the way... fudgers!

NEXT YEAR WILL BE OURS... MARK MY WORDS. WE'LL DO IT THE PROPER WAY... THE BILL NICHOLSON'S TOTTENHAM WAY

[video=youtube;kAWpkBurVno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAWpkBurVno[/video]

Should be our new song for the Jumbotron.

Fulop

I understand we shouldn't have put ourselves in a position to hope for West Brom to get a result against Arsescum but fudge me that was a shocking display from Fulop. Conspiracy theory anyone?

Well, not really a conspiracy theorist, that said

There certainly was enough money at risk for a number of people to put some safeguards in place. 3 shots on goal in first 60 odd minutes, 3 goalkeeper errors that lead directly to goals … hmmmm

if you look at his eyes after the 3rd you can see he knew he screwed up big time - he saw the ball go in and just screwed up his eyes, like you do when you are thinking "oh ffs - what have i just done? taco".

Even the second goal should have been saved it was a great strike but he was badly out of position and still got a hand to it but didn't turn it round the post

Back