• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we make the top 4 or 5?

No, I wouldn't have. We had to select two british goalkeepers. So if the choice was Forster or Spence, i would have said Spence. The numbers dont work at all. How can we have 4 players in a squad for one position, but 7 players for 4 positions. We have zero cover for full backs, you're practically relying on playing VdV or Romero in most Uefa Cup games. Given the importance of VDV to our style of play, we effectively need to rest him in Uefa Cup, at least in the early stages.

Thursday no Dragusin, so either Ben Davies left back to rest Destiny, with Romero and VdV in the middle, or Destiny starts and we play Davies CB with one of Romero or VDV. neither are ideal because we left ourselves insanely short on full back cover.
Granted maybe the club didn't realise Spence would be so integral off the bench this early on, and other teams have 4 GKs, but we've left ourselves incredibly short in one area.
VdV doesn't start for Netherlands so he will get a rest during the international break.

Doesn't change the fact resting players in the past has meant we got knocked out.

We need to get in the top 8 so we don't get a 2 legged play off. No point resting players if you have to play 2 more games.
Nah
This is a poss easy competion now because of the new format
We should be changing the team with a many players who didn’t start on Sunday

Get qualified and then rest players. Three wins and at least playoffs are more or less guaranteed.

Playoffs means playing 2 extra games. Rotate players sure. But get the top 8 spot. Trest this competition seriously. It is a trophy and an entry in cl.

Playoffs means playing 2 extra games. Rotate players sure. But get the top 8 spot. Trest this competition seriously. It is a trophy and an entry in cl.
100% treat it seriously, it's our best shot at a trophy this season. The point is get 3 wins on the board asap and then can look at where we are regards resting players.

Reguilon is on the plane, so he can be LB if deemed good enough and if Udogie is carrying an injury and VdV is feeling tired. So LB cover includes Reggie Davies Gray

Wait reguilon got in the europa squad and Spence didn't'?
Maybe not; I see it is being discussed in the Ferencvaros thread. I am confused. It isn't some loophole like being club trained for 3 years and sneaking on the Z list or something?

Back