• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

With this one, you could argue it raises a discussion if the specific wording "Black Lives Matter" is divisive and a better phrase could be used, I would say yes to both.

It also raises a question to me about the goal of the media (which we know is focussed solely on agendas or money in the bank). More coverage of "fashionable" deaths than say the 3 white people stabbed in Reading or even local problems in this country. The media also deliberately ignore the possible nuance of what prompted someone to create this banner - they are obviously trolling, however there is a discussion here.

Just dismissing it as "racists they used the word white" is totally macaronic.

With this one, you could argue it raises a discussion if the specific wording "Black Lives Matter" is divisive and a better phrase could be used, I would say yes to both.

It also raises a question to me about the goal of the media (which we know is focussed solely on agendas or money in the bank). More coverage of "fashionable" deaths than say the 3 white people stabbed in Reading or even local problems in this country. The media also deliberately ignore the possible nuance of what prompted someone to create this banner - they are obviously trolling, however there is a discussion here.

Just dismissing it as "racists they used the word white" is totally macaronic.
More importantly it raises the point (although I'm sure not intentionally) that sport is not the medium through which political statements should be made.

Last edited:
CNN once again proving themselves to be about as factual as Fox News :oops:

I'd be interested in seeing how hes' selected the samples there. There's obviously an issue but his ratio seems far too high to pass the sense check.

My concern is less with hoaxes (they've existed forever) and more with the reporting. With broadcast and print news, even the bricky journalists had training in journalism and their careers depended (to some extent) on their integrity. Further, they had editors they reported to who were usually very experienced in their roles who could also apply some integrity checks to what was being reported.

Now any old clam is a publisher and it tends to attract the less serious of mind more and more. Everyone is desperate to be the one reporting on an event first or shouting the loudest about it without any recourse should their reporting be based on a falsity.

Even worse are those who read such posts and instantly believe them, often echoing the reporting with added outrage, until the entire issue is blown out of all would be proportion even if the underlying facts were true.

I'd be interested in seeing how hes' selected the samples there. There's obviously an issue but his ratio seems far too high to pass the sense check.

My concern is less with hoaxes (they've existed forever) and more with the reporting. With broadcast and print news, even the bricky journalists had training in journalism and their careers depended (to some extent) on their integrity. Further, they had editors they reported to who were usually very experienced in their roles who could also apply some integrity checks to what was being reported.

Now any old clam is a publisher and it tends to attract the less serious of mind more and more. Everyone is desperate to be the one reporting on an event first or shouting the loudest about it without any recourse should their reporting be based on a falsity.

Even worse are those who read such posts and instantly believe them, often echoing the reporting with added outrage, until the entire issue is blown out of all would be proportion even if the underlying facts were true.

How's your track record holding on these things? Last time you were saying Floyds killer would get off.

Is Black Lives Matter just a short way of saying black lives matter as much as white lives? Obvious to most, but quite useful to confuse and identify the mugs out there. Or are they oppressed white trash who also deserve sympathy!?

More importantly it raises the point (although I'm sure not intentionally) that sport is not the medium through which political statements should be made.

Good point. Nobody should be forced to undergo anything political.

For example, I'm very much into equality 100% and agree completely with the sentence "Black Lives Matter".

However, do I support "Black Lives Matter TM Inc."? I am not sure. My first impression is that abolishing the nucluear family structure and abolishing capitalism seems an extreme goal to enable racial equality.

But intelligent discussion these days is just "man who disagrees bad".

Good point. Nobody should be forced to undergo anything political.

For example, I'm very much into equality 400% and agree completely with the sentence "Black Lives Matter".

However, do I support "Black Lives Matter TM Inc."? I am not sure. My first impression is that abolishing the nucluear family structure and abolishing capitalism seems an extreme goal to enable racial equality.

But intelligent discussion these days is just "man who disagrees bad".
As was mentioned the other day on here, "I agree with your aim but not your methods" is pretty much considered racist in the echo chamber.

How's your track record holding on these things? Last time you were saying Floyds killer would get off.

Is Black Lives Matter just a short way of saying black lives matter as much as white lives? Obvious to most, but quite useful to confuse and identify the mugs out there. Or are they oppressed white trash who also deserve sympathy!?
Unless there's a whole raft of evidence that we don't have access to, if they continue to push for 2nd degree murder they will fail.

They might squeak manslaughter past, but charging with 2nd degree is either for show or they have some knowledge of intent that isn't available publicly.

Is white lives matter just a short way of saying white lives matter as much as black lives? Again, the aims and intents of the BLM organisation go way beyond the actual remedy of "Stop being racist". That's all their aims need to be, yet they (as always in this type of issue) insist on using it to further the far left political aims which have nothing to do with ending racism.

Back