• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

Screen_Shot_2020-04-02_at_08.41.17.png

What I want to know is why no one is defending or outraged about Boris!

Sorry, is this the cartoon?

For whatever reason, Steve Bell is depicting them as bulls. I am not sure why there's anything wrong with that at all. Feel free to explain, maybe I am missing something.If I were Patel, I think what would concern me is that the cartoonist considers her to look like Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth.

Is that supposed to be Boris? Why no rope from the nose ring being held by Classic Dom?

I have no idea what the cartoon is getting at either?

I only heard this in passing so could have the wrong impression, but I think Patel herself said in the commons that it was a portrayal of her as a 'fat cow'...the emphasis being on the weight as opposed to any religious or other insinuation. That seemed to be the way she had interpreted it.

For whatever reason, Steve Bell is depicting them as bulls. I am not sure why there's anything wrong with that at all. Feel free to explain, maybe I am missing something.If I were Patel, I think what would concern me is that the cartoonist considers her to look like Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth.

A like for the Dani Filth ref!

Mate be honest.

She is a woman of hindu faith, the guardian will know that. They have drawn it deliberately negative which is of course the way those cartoons are always drawn. The is a clear racial undertone to it.

Im not offended by it, why should i be. But the people who are the loudest in criticising Trump for racial language and negative stereotypes to then go and print something like that is just the worst.

It is the reason we will probably get our own Trump one day. It is the reason Trump and Johnson get elected. The public have enough of being preached to by people that their racist only for those preachers to then be racist in their own "acceptable " way.

It's dangerous if we're going to step into the area where we dismiss some people's claims of racism because we don't see it (especially if we're not the same race as them), yet accept others who are also different to ourselves.
A matter of degrees? Who you want to believe? Who you like and agree with? Who seems more downtrodden and therefore more deserving of 'justice' and representation/support?

It's dangerous if we're going to step into the area where we dismiss some people's claims of racism because we don't see it (especially if we're not the same race as them), yet accept others who are also different to ourselves.
A matter of degrees? Who you want to believe? Who you like and agree with? Who seems more downtrodden and therefore more deserving of 'justice' and representation/support?
There has to be an element of context and intent (or at least a lack of consideration) otherwise you'll end up with offended white snowflakes telling black rappers how to speak, for example.

The cartoon is from March.

The grapevine down Chichester way is a little on the slow side these days.

Im not in Chichester anymore.

I heard about it back then, just brought it up recently in conversation when mentioning double standards.

I dont mind the cartoon, i did not vote for her and i dont read any paper but browse them all a bit.

Is clear as day that it was racist. Anyone saying otherwise should really say the read the guardian and hate the tories. Like i said i will turn a blind eye to Cummings because he wants brexit.

Im not in Chichester anymore.

I heard about it back then, just bought it up recently in conversation when mentioning double standards.

I dont mind the cartoon, i did not vote for her and i dont read any paper but browse them all a bit.

Is clear as day that it was racist. Anyone saying otherwise should really say the read the guardian and hate the tories. Like i said i will turn a blind eye to Cummings because he wants brexit.

She's a Tory, it can't be racist.

FIFA wouldn’t allow it last year on the England shirts.

mcclean refused to wear one on his club shirt. Imagine if someone wanted to do that with BLM?

Ah yes the international. FIFA did relent on that. Eventually. The BLM on the shirts though is PL, so the poppy comparison is not really like for like.
I imagine anyone not wearing BLM would be pilloried to high heaven. It’s hard to imagine why anyone would refuse though. I suppose if you thought it was in support of the political movement rather than the sentiment then maybe but I think it’s the sentiment that is being highlighted and supported.
McClean cops a load of abuse for his poppy refusal. But then poppy-policing is a huge thing now.

Back