• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

I keep hearing people complain about that, but without actually citing anything real world.

When pushed, they can pick a handful of situations caused by racist individuals.

Watch this. I posted it before. It will explain the US situation to you at any rate.

Still, I am sure you are referring to the UK, and though I agree it is far better than what lies beneath the US, there are serious problems. Here are a few things to read.

https://theconversation.com/extent-...sities-revealed-through-hidden-stories-118097

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...-employment-culture-colonialism-a9170841.html

https://www.theweek.co.uk/105815/what-is-institutional-racism

You talk about "without actually citing anything real world" yet there's loads, much of it existing within law enforcement and the criminal justice system despite the efforts to propel ourselves into the current century. On a local level, at the last few games I have been at I have been forced to confront racist tossers "casually" engaging in racist abuse. I even had to do this at the Champions League Final FFS, a few tossers in front of me beard up and over-burnt who I was not going to allow to ruin anyone's fudging day, let alone mine. Increasingly that has been the case in the last few years (sadly) and add to that the tired and exceedingly poor anti-semitic comments I have also found myself challenging in public, and yes, yes there is still, in fact, institutional racism in the UK. And the longer people stand around saying,"Nah, we're much better than them over there" the longer the problem continues.

I think there are parallels here though. And like many say poverty divides more than race, people then place blame in some of the wrong places and the wrong people or overload the facts.

Poverty is definitely a huge part of the problem. It exacerbates racism which sadly sits as a willing 'soldier' for the ignorant who also find themselves financially fudged by the few.

He was fighting a lot more racism in the US then than in the UK now.

I agree wholeheartedly that Ali was fighting some horrendous brick back then, and certainly more than the UK now. it does not mean there is not still work to be done. Must keep going IMO.
Where IO think we would agree is that it is important the main message be the thrust. Sideshows like banning satire and trying to rename breakfast cereals detract from some huge issues which get lost in the shuffle as MSM and social media rush to inflate these silly examples. I have to say, Cleese said some brilliant things about humor 10 years ago and here he is again having to defend himself. If Johnny Speight were with us, would he have to defend Alf Garnett, an obvious dingdonghead and macaron? Sad.

I agree wholeheartedly that Ali was fighting some horrendous brick back then, and certainly more than the UK now. it does not mean there is not still work to be done. Must keep going IMO.
Where IO think we would agree is that it is important the main message be the thrust. Sideshows like banning satire and trying to rename breakfast cereals detract from some huge issues which get lost in the shuffle as MSM and social media rush to inflate these silly examples. I have to say, Cleese said some brilliant things about humor 10 years ago and here he is again having to defend himself. If Johnny Speight were with us, would he have to defend Alf Garnett, an obvious dingdonghead and macaron? Sad.

I think that’s the tone I’m trying to set in that the message is being clouded by ridiculousness, there are serious issues and I’m sorry if this offends and it might get thrown back at me as a non black man not knowing how they feel and I’m cool with that, but there are distracting messages by stupidness and that’s a lot of all that’s being said all along.

It’s a time for serious dialogue and people want an apology for a non racist monkey making breakfast snack

Haha good reply.

I’m not sure a monkey promoting a chocolate based cereal is racism in any context. It’s a Monkey turning the milk chocolate so I’d rather have a bowl of...sorry going off piste. In seriousness I don’t see it.

The Bickies are
Choco Leibniz
Oh I agree,I don't see it either - it's a leap. It's 2+2=5, which we've all done from time to time.
If Rice Crispies has the white kids and Coco Pops has black kids, fair enough.
But with everything under the microwave right now, the 60s starring point and the monkey being used as a racial slur, I can understand how the leap was made.

Damnit,I've literally just eaten some of those biscuit. The black and white ones - just for the record (not even a joke!).
Do I have to goose step now?
Or sacrifice something to John Cleese?!

Watch this. I posted it before. It will explain the US situation to you at any rate.

Still, I am sure you are referring to the UK, and though I agree it is far better than what lies beneath the US, there are serious problems. Here are a few things to read.

https://theconversation.com/extent-...sities-revealed-through-hidden-stories-118097

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...-employment-culture-colonialism-a9170841.html

https://www.theweek.co.uk/105815/what-is-institutional-racism

You talk about "without actually citing anything real world" yet there's loads, much of it existing within law enforcement and the criminal justice system despite the efforts to propel ourselves into the current century. On a local level, at the last few games I have been at I have been forced to confront racist tossers "casually" engaging in racist abuse. I even had to do this at the Champions League Final FFS, a few tossers in front of me beard up and over-burnt who I was not going to allow to ruin anyone's fudging day, let alone mine. Increasingly that has been the case in the last few years (sadly) and add to that the tired and exceedingly poor anti-semitic comments I have also found myself challenging in public, and yes, yes there is still, in fact, institutional racism in the UK. And the longer people stand around saying,"Nah, we're much better than them over there" the longer the problem continues.
I've seen that video, the tl: dr version is poor people are poor. I could wear a "stop being so poor" t-shirt if you like, bit apparently they upset people.

The first link only goes to further my point. It was full of "I feel" anecdotal comments, followed by some stats about people not being equally represented. Now I don't doubt that some people in positions of power are racist or that they use their influence to realise their racism, but that's not institutions, that's a (thankfully diminishing) number of people.

Frosties have a tiger on the box, that's gingerist or something.

We should organise ginger lives matter marches, but we'll have to make sure it's on days when the sun isn't shining so they don't all incinerate. The other bonus is that the marches won't be on days when Black Lives Matter so the City won't get too crowded.

I've seen that video, the tl: dr version is poor people are poor. I could wear a "stop being so poor" t-shirt if you like, bit apparently they upset people.

The first link only goes to further my point. It was full of "I feel" anecdotal comments, followed by some stats about people not being equally represented. Now I don't doubt that some people in positions of power are racist or that they use their influence to realise their racism, but that's not institutions, that's a (thankfully diminishing) number of people.

Watch the video again as you clearly don't understand it. That is OK, I would not expect you to comprehend the entirety of it in one sitting (5 minutes is 5 minutes after all) but take a deep breath and give it another whirl. If you feel better wearing the t-shirt then so be it.

Again with the links.

It is OK, I get it, a lot to take on board that perhaps the Empire lacks perfection. But there we are...

Watch the video again as you clearly don't understand it. That is OK, I would not expect you to comprehend the entirety of it in one sitting (5 minutes is 5 minutes after all) but take a deep breath and give it another whirl. If you feel better wearing the t-shirt then so be it.

Again with the links.

It is OK, I get it, a lot to take on board that perhaps the Empire lacks perfection. But there we are...
Your prompting was the second time I watched the video. It was the second time I chuckled at the idea of investors and financial service providers losing money because of someone else's skin colour.

Not sure if you've ever worked in finance, but money is the only, only thing that matters. Ever. That and money.

He did a really good talk about that book at The Fringe last year.

Although you've posted JO'B - there are going to be a lot of smashed GG phone screens. (Don't mention The Brexit. I did once....but I think I got away with it.)

haha! I attended his talk on the book in good old Hackney last year. He recently did an Instagram live Q&A and urged BLM supporters not to attend any protests where there could be clashes on Saturday. Many people listened, he has a lot of positive influence. As Grays said, a class act.

haha! I attended his talk on the book in good old Hackney last year. He recently did an Instagram live Q&A and urged BLM supporters not to attend any protests where there could be clashes on Saturday. Many people listened, he has a lot of positive influence. As Grays said, a class act.
I love the optics here - you went to the talk in Hackney; I went at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Back