• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

Putting aside the symbolisation of a flag and what it represents to many people; it may be just a bit of cloth but it’s someone’s else’s bit of cloth.
If it’s an arbitrary trinket, it’s still someone else’s arbitrary trinket.

Put a brick through your neighbour’s window then tell him it’s just a bit of glass.

She’s a clam for trying to burn the flag especially where it was and in the circumstances and context of the day, and I hope she’s identified and has to answer for her actions.

I assume you missed my point about criminal damage?

The post you quoted, and my original response, were completely in reference to the symbolism of a flag.

I assume you missed my point about criminal damage?

The post you quoted, and my original response, were completely in reference to the symbolism of a flag.
I didn’t miss it, I referred to elements of your post and the one before yours but I can unquote your post if you’d feel better?

yeah, it is stupid, and I wouldn't do it, but I don't like the fetishisation of symbols

as @StephenH said, it's just a bit of cloth

stand for ideas and values, not for arbitrary trinkets

Surely the same applies to the person setting it alight right? If it’s just cloth then they are making themselves look idiotic?

That's pretty much my impression of the country - probably even better in the parts of the country that matter.

Protesting just preaches to the converted. Smashing brick up and attacking police will only harden the views of those clams in the red sections.

Muhammad Ali wouldn’t have agreed

That's pretty much my impression of the country - probably even better in the parts of the country that matter.

Protesting just preaches to the converted. Smashing brick up and attacking police will only harden the views of those clams in the red sections.

Tolerance for systemic institutional racism has been pushed further back by protests. I agree, smashing things plays into the hands of separatists.

Things have undoubtably improved tenfold since my white Irish/wexford Mum and by brown Iranian dad were married and had to run a steady drip drip gauntlet of sly digs and occasional despicable outbursts. What a "survey" to have to have BTW...getting better does not mean it cannot improve. I would also say that we have gone backwards the last few years as UKIP-minded "fed-ups" have decided that foreigners, immigrants and the EU are the cause of about society's ills.

While I'm here, there is one thing about Lammy I do not like; he supported the fake war in 2002. Yes, he apologized (and many of his constituents were Kurds who had told him about Hussein's despicable Kurd-gassing, something the west did nothing about when Hussein was our "mate") but that doesn't mitigate against the fact he got it wrong.

I have huge empathy for the fight they have and had, but this is getting out of hand.

Didn’t this woman used to be an MP too?
Inevitably with any powerful view there will be instances where there is overreach - that's fine as long as it's dropped as soon as a reasonable and truthful explanation is presented.
I can see her suspicion - and Kellogg's history is a somewhat conservative Christian one. Her accusative tone (oh jeez I sound like bloody Hanrooster) was Ill judged.

Tolerance for systemic institutional racism has been pushed further back by protests. I agree, smashing things plays into the hands of separatists.
I keep hearing people complain about that, but without actually citing anything real world.

When pushed, they can pick a handful of situations caused by racist individuals.

. I would also say that we have gone backwards the last few years as UKIP-minded "fed-ups" have decided that foreigners, immigrants and the EU are the cause of about society's ills.

I think there are parallels here though. And like many say poverty divides more than race, people then place blame in some of the wrong places and the wrong people or overload the facts.

Last edited:
Inevitably with any powerful view there will be instances where there is overreach - that's fine as long as it's dropped as soon as a reasonable and truthful explanation is presented.
I can see her suspicion - and Kellogg's history is a somewhat conservative Christian one. Her accusative tone (oh jeez I sound like bloody Hanrooster) was Ill judged.

She also needs to learn how to use Twitter, She didn’t @ the right people.

I love them Chocolate biscuits made by the company made rich by Nazis even as a Jew, it’s all a wash, you can’t just keep pulling holes in absolutely everything and I can talk about that as I’m the subject matter in that one.

Its getting utterly ridiculous

Last edited:
She also needs to learn how to use Twitter, She didn’t @ the right people.

I love them Chocolate biscuits made by the company made rich by Nazis even as a Jew, it’s all a wash, you can’t just keep pulling holes in absolutely everything and I can talk about that as I’m the subject matter in that one.

Its getting utterly ridiculous
Firstly, I'm using Nazi Biscuit as a insult from now on - that's brilliant.
Secondly, which company?
Thirdly, I don't think she is suggesting boycotting ant company. Just examining if something has a racist undertone. If VW still used something that was anti Semitic it would be right to challenge that.
Four - I applaud anyone that doesn't know how to us teletext (that's not sexist, nor is it anti vagina. Despite my recent dating history, I'm not anti vagina. Well, that's certainly not my intention. :D)

Firstly, I'm using Nazi Biscuit as a insult from now on - that's brilliant.
Secondly, which company?
Thirdly, I don't think she is suggesting boycotting ant company. Just examining if something has a racist undertone. If VW still used something that was anti Semitic it would be right to challenge that.
Four - I applaud anyone that doesn't know how to us teletext (that's not sexist, nor is it anti vagina. Despite my recent dating history, I'm not anti vagina. Well, that's certainly not my intention. :D)

Haha good reply.

I’m not sure a monkey promoting a chocolate based cereal is racism in any context. It’s a Monkey turning the milk chocolate so I’d rather have a bowl of...sorry going off piste. In seriousness I don’t see it.

The Bickies are
Choco Leibniz

Back