• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

she didn’t specify UK did she

the issue is global
I actually think that is dangerous.
Racism is global without doubt.
But policing issues are not - they cannot be treated with a blanket approach such as "abolish the police", "defund the police" etc.
The US police force is more like a military wing and in some states is used an oppression function of the state.
In the UK that is not the case, we have a Police service instead with policing by consent at its core.
Issues still exist, I'm not seeking to minimise those, but they are very different and need a very different approach to resolution. A one size fits all campaign would create more issues.

But policing issues are not - they cannot be treated with a blanket approach such as "abolish the police", "defund the police" etc.
The US police force is more like a military wing and in some states is used an oppression function of the state.
In the UK that is not the case, we have a Police service instead with policing by consent at its core.
Issues still exist, I'm not seeking to minimise those, but they are very different and need a very different approach to resolution. A one size fits all campaign would create more issues.

What did she say that you disagreed with?

She didn’t say anything about abolishing or defunding the police.

Alluding to her son and being scared refers to the British Police force, which is world class.

I think regardless of her race it’s lazy and misinformed to create a false storm about something that doesn’t exists.

Like earlier mentioned one death last year and that was a terrorist.

Spot on, there is not a one size fits all stick to use to beat down with and o don’t care your race you should be more careful of the misinformation that’s creates the toons.

I agree Issues still exist but they are more shoots from society such as dying in custody due to drug abuse, suicide Or murder rather than strong arm tactics.

Profiling is an issue but it’s also successful on a society where black on black crime is one of the biggest killers in the capital. Again it goes back to the education side where society needs to want to change too, example being the older generation defending a kid outside Stratford who had a huge blade because he was profiled for the search, what example is that setting where the problem is the police and not the crime?

I didn't say she did, I was developing the conversation.
Original post was stating it had an issue with her statement as the UK landscape is different.
You responded saying she didn't specify the UK and the issue is global.
Comments about police brutality + comment stating that's not representative of UK + comment about issues being global.
Add landscape calling for revision of police.

All leads to the point I made.

Alluding to her son and being scared refers to the British Police force, which is world class.

I think regardless of her race it’s lazy and misinformed to create a false storm about something that doesn’t exists.

Like earlier mentioned one death last year and that was a terrorist.

Like I mentioned earlier, it’s a global issue.

We may not have the same statistics as other parts of the world but we certainly have the same structural inequalities.

Extremism is once again emerging from it’s hole, look how little it took for a bunch of clams to descend on the cenotaph, start throwing Nazi salutes and attack the police.

I’m not surprised she’s scared, I’m scared too, and I’m about as white privilege as you can get.

We are in a dangerous place, and the current leadership, both here and in the US, have actively encouraged it.

I didn't say she did, I was developing the conversation.
Original post was stating it had an issue with her statement as the UK landscape is different.
You responded saying she didn't specify the UK and the issue is global.
Comments about police brutality + comment stating that's not representative of UK + comment about issues being global.
Add landscape calling for revision of police.

All leads to the point I made.

Ok, to develop it further, we don’t live in a segregated world anymore, we never really did, we are one species on one planet, all of the issues we have to deal with, politically and environmentally, we have to do so globally.

Spot on, there is not a one size fits all stick to use to beat down with and o don’t care your race you should be more careful of the misinformation that’s creates the toons.

I agree Issues still exist but they are more shoots from society such as dying in custody due to drug abuse, suicide Or murder rather than strong arm tactics.

Profiling is an issue but it’s also successful on a society where black on black crime is one of the biggest killers in the capital. Again it goes back to the education side where society needs to want to change too, example being the older generation defending a kid outside Stratford who had a huge blade because he was profiled for the search, what example is that setting where the problem is the police and not the crime?
If he was racially profiled, then yes that is exactly the problem, irrespective of whether he carrying anything.
If he was criminally profiled, then no it's not an issue. However, considering the reputation of racial profiling in the Met the concerns are perfectly justified.

If he was racially profiled, then yes that is exactly the problem, irrespective of whether he carrying anything.
If he was criminally profiled, then no it's not an issue. However, considering the reputation of racial profiling in the Met the concerns are perfectly justified.

I’ve shared this story many a time but I went to watch England in Europe a few years ago and was stopped and profiled 3 times, had to produce my passport as all white English men are hooligans apparently. Happens to everyone

Anyone who attacks the police should be dealt with, dividing those into who can and who can not is wrong no matter what folks bias is.

And that was the problem, many people saying there was almost just cause due to anger last week. Fact is anyone attacking the police is a pillock

Ok, to develop it further, we don’t live in a segregated world anymore, we never really did, we are one species on one planet, all of the issues we have to deal with, politically and environmentally, we have to do so globally.
But we do still live under separate political jurisdictions, so need to ensure messages are appropriate.
The wider around racism are global - and have so far been well targeted nationally; in the US it is an anger about the racism in the police force, in the UK it has manifested as racist social structures and iconography (specifically statues). But the anti police arguments looking at US and Australian police are not the right arguments for the UK.
So the overarching problem is global, however the regional problems are just that, regional. And as such require regional solutions.

Back