• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

Poor even by your standards.
History versus veneration.
A mask in a museum is not veneration it is history.
Come on mate..:
So it's only history when it's not white people? I think there's a word for that.

How about ancient Roman statues? Or the drawings on the brothel walls in Pompeii?

The extreme right are absolutely infiltrating everything happening right now.
Sounds a little too much like a convenient excuse.

"My lot were the ones protesting peacefully, it's the ones who are diametrically opposed to the point of the march who turned up, marched with us and them made us look bad"

Do you realise how that sounds?

When it was called out for the millionth time Scara. MY point is he was noncing for decades and was conveniently ignored until it couldn't be any longer. See where I'm going here?...
Who knew about it before? You should report them if you have details.

I was convinced he was a wrong'un after the Theroux documentary but I thought he was just dressing up as his mum and fudging her corpse.

You really are beyond help but I'll rise to the bait anyway.

You're telling me that the behaviour of the far right (let's say EDL or KKK) is the same as Anonymous or ANTIFA?

Have the far left acted in an equally abhorrent way over the last twenty years (I chose 20 years just to narrow it down a bit in the interest of a more concise debate). Otherwise we all know how well the KKK or Adolf were behaving in the mid 20th century and who even you might actually agree doesn't deserve a statue..

Nutters slaying innocents in Norway, mosque shootings, police brutality against non whites. Please tell me which far left groups can match those kind of performances?
You are forgetting extreme veganism and protestors that want to save everyone's life.

the far left haven't hit the mass murdering numbers of far right over the last 100 years or so. so if and when that happens, i will condemn them equally.

To pretend that the far left and far right have been on equal footing in terms of damage they cause is either blind ignorance or an agenda driven view.

Far left may smash up some houses, but the far right literally have bombed and killed over last many years. How is that the same?

Sounds a little too much like a convenient excuse.

"My lot were the ones protesting peacefully, it's the ones who are diametrically opposed to the point of the march who turned up, marched with us and them made us look bad"

Do you realise how that sounds?

Who knew about it before? You should report them if you have details.

I was convinced he was a wrong'un after the Theroux documentary but I thought he was just dressing up as his mum and fudging her corpse.

If you're interested, research the news. Evidence is out there. You're naive if you don't think it happens, especially in American history.

As for evidence of Savile, I am referring to the many around him who knew and let him get on with it.

i mean in the US, the far right and specifically white supremacists have been responsible for more mass murders domestically than any foreign related terrorism. Probably a bit worse than tearing down statues. If you're fussed about attacks on police then maybe don't look at EDL protests either because pretty sure the Tommy Robinson demo was extreme right.
In the US I was only able to find data for 2010-2016, during which the far right committed around 3x the number of terrorist-classified incidents in comparison, although I'm not sure efficacy is the correct measure of how wrong a political stance is.

Not sure what Tommy Robinson and his merry band of clams have to do with this - if they were protesting at the weekend I'd be making the same point about them. From the centre ground them and the far left appear as bad as each other.

Can we have a thread on the Pyramids please? I mean... people are aware the WHEEL was not invented at the time right? So they happened to build pyramids carrying stones from miles away... without wheels?

61.png

If you're interested, research the news. Evidence is out there. You're naive if you don't think it happens, especially in American history.

As for evidence of Savile, I am referring to the many around him who knew and let him get on with it.
I guess that depends on the news source. I've seen plenty of Twitter mongs trying to deny all wrongdoing from their side by claiming that without evidence. I've seen none of the crowing from the usual types when they fudge with lefties.

Anyone complicit in Saville's actions should obviously be arrested and charged. I don't see how that is comparable to a world where actions are generally accepted around the world. A closer analogy would be the common defence of Muhammad and his predilection for 7yo girls. Now, if you're suggesting we tear down all mosques because Muhammad raped at least one child, there's a discussion to be had.

I guess that depends on the news source. I've seen plenty of Twitter mongs trying to deny all wrongdoing from their side by claiming that without evidence. I've seen none of the crowing from the usual types when they fudge with lefties.

Anyone complicit in Saville's actions should obviously be arrested and charged. I don't see how that is comparable to a world where actions are generally accepted around the world. A closer analogy would be the common defence of Muhammad and his predilection for 7yo girls. Now, if you're suggesting we tear down all mosques because Muhammad raped at least one child, there's a discussion to be had.

It's best not to go into any links between slavery and the founder of Islam either.
That would be...sensitive.

In the US I was only able to find data for 2010-2016, during which the far right committed around 3x the number of terrorist-classified incidents in comparison, although I'm not sure efficacy is the correct measure of how wrong a political stance is.

Not sure what Tommy Robinson and his merry band of clams have to do with this - if they were protesting at the weekend I'd be making the same point about them. From the centre ground them and the far left appear as bad as each other.
By "Tommy Robinson" - man of the people, do you mean Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon? Or do you prefer his much more working class hero nomme de guerre?

By "Tommy Robinson" - man of the people, do you mean Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon? Or do you prefer his much more working class hero nomme de guerre?

One of the many things i have against the greens in Brighton is that they allow the far right to do their marches. I think it is so they can let the anti racists march as well and watch a big fight.

I would be all for banning hate speach like the guy with hooks for hands in north London, Robinson should be banned.

possibly, it’s a varied population now although I’d guess it’s mainly a white British community, but they do have som amazing multi cultural restaurants dine there
They have the statue out already and I believe it will go to history museum
The placards are going to the Modern museum where the have some banksys to represent modern Bristol
Bristol is IMO a great city and very chilled out
It’s very forward thinking too

It’s a lovely part of the country and the people are nice folk. Despite the recent uproar they are not all kneeling at the feet of statues. I think like most people they are able to look at a statue and dissect the past and make their own balanced mind up of where someone would sit rather than erasing it.

"Despite what the left is doing the world isn't black or white"?
In many cases.
When it comes to racism -or tolerance of it/ it is.
If someone did "good work" but also "happened to be a slave trader" then, err, no. They don't deserve a statue or anything.

I think it is important that we remember history -and people- as they were. I agree with that. Because at some point we have to learn from our mistakes. We must.

I would also advise against only calling out "the extreme left" for their perceived actions. The extreme right are doing a great job propagating racism, division and chaos.

No such thing as a perfect society but you can work towards it and realise that although there is a dark part of our history we are learning and the reality now is not the reality of 200 years ago.

It’s such a great point in my opinion.

It for me is an example of where the left are so confused or excitable about the next protest that they don’t take a deep breath and step back and actually look at a wider picture.

If you question Islam your pulled to task, but you delve into the oppression of homosexuality to the extreme and women (I’ve been to Saudi and seen it) then the argument conveniently goes quiet and your still the problem and the left make it all a wash.

Same with homophobia shown by scores of famous black stars (Presumably because of their religious upbringing). Stormzy feels an apology is enough for clear homophobia in the modern day and is heralded a star yet people who were born 200 years later have to carry the burden of slavery?

The point is, prejudiced views are not just exclusive to the white man or the so called right, they manifest everywhere in modern forms on all sides of the spectrum.

Last edited:

That you continually quote twitter as your (seemingly) key source for most things worries me slightly. You do know twitter isn't a good barometer of the news, right? I thought we'd been over this.

Religion? Religious deities? Not my thing. But how about we start with your good ol' local church? Those old school Christians didn't shy away from rape and pillage. And the Catholics? Sigh.

Again, here all day mate.

My biggest concern about everything is that it will all return to "normal" in a month once the programming is adjusted by modern media..:

Back