• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

I'm amused by how affronted some are by it. Meanwhile the black community in Bristol have been campaigning to have it removed for years to deaf ears.

Serious question!

How long has that been going on?

I ask as I parked near the Colson Hall a few years ago so googled the name ... saw his history

then looked up who had played there for the very reason he was a slave trader and there were a few prominent black musicians including Hendrix, Bob Marley, Little Richard and some modern ones like Alexandra Burke and Beverly Knight

At least their now changing the name

i mean in the US, the far right and specifically white supremacists have been responsible for more mass murders domestically than any foreign related terrorism. Probably a bit worse than tearing down statues. If you're fussed about attacks on police then maybe don't look at EDL protests either because pretty sure the Tommy Robinson demo was extreme right.
Very extreme right
It’s why he is welcomed in America by the loony’s

Serious question!

I ask as I parked near the Colson Hall a few years ago so googled the name ... saw his history

then looked up who had played there for the very reason he was a slave trader and there were a few prominent black musicians including Hendrix, Bob Marley, Little Richard and some modern ones like Alexandra Burke and Beverly Knight

There was a petition a few years ago, bit they didn't get near to their target.

As I said - it became more important when there was an opportunity to do some damage to something.

There was a petition a few years ago, bit they didn't get near to their target.

As I said - it became more important when there was an opportunity to do some damage to something.

Well imo their principle of removing the statue is right
But then should people also boycott and avoid any venue or street that the slavery funded ?

Serious question!

40 years I read somewhere. It’s been a while apparently!

I would also advise against only calling out "the extreme left" for their perceived actions. The extreme right are doing a great job propagating racism, division and chaos.

Totally agree about the far right absolute scumbags and increasingly vocal.

Mate sent me a link the other day about something called the Hitler beauty pagent i kid you not. As if trying to legitimise hitler is ok.

On the statutes im ok with them going. It is the lecturing and posturing from some as if me a bloke from a council estate in north London has somehow been a cause of it.

Wow
Maybe more people should have taken action and highlighted it then
People should have chosen not to play at Colson Hall for a start and make their mark that way

Purely conjecture, I wonder if the dissent around this rose over the years as the POC population grew?

Apparently they’re going to fish the statue out and it will go in the local museum in due course.

Purely conjecture, I wonder if the dissent around this rose over the years as the POC population grew?

Apparently they’re going to fish the statue out and it will go in the local museum in due course.
possibly, it’s a varied population now although I’d guess it’s mainly a white British community, but they do have som amazing multi cultural restaurants dine there
They have the statue out already and I believe it will go to history museum
The placards are going to the Modern museum where the have some banksys to represent modern Bristol
Bristol is IMO a great city and very chilled out
It’s very forward thinking too

Totally agree about the far right absolute scumbags and increasingly vocal.

Mate sent me a link the other day about something called the Hitler beauty pagent i kid you not. As if trying to legitimise hitler is ok.

On the statutes im ok with them going. It is the lecturing and posturing from some as if me a bloke from a council estate in north London has somehow been a cause of it.
Yeah the woman died
Who the feck thought up that idea for a pageant

possibly, it’s a varied population now although I’d guess it’s mainly a white British community, but they do have som amazing multi cultural restaurants dine there
They have the statue out already and I believe it will go to history museum
The placards are going to the Modern museum where the have some banksys to represent modern Bristol
Bristol is IMO a great city and very chilled out
It’s very forward thinking too

I haven’t been in a very long time but have friends and some old colleagues who live there, they say the same. I’d be keen to visit again.

To close to wales for my liking and we all know what the Welsh get up to.
Again I’ve had some great experiences in Wales
I was also once subject to discrimination in northern wales in a pub .... as soon as I walked in with my mate the my mate they started speaking welsh
We had a pint and my mate went to the loo. Came back and said we need to go.... turned out he had done some kind of dirty protest which i never found out quite what it was. Should add that this was t the first time something like that had happened. I went over to his town one night to meet up for a beer. It proper middle England, a place called Ampthill. I’m chatting to his girlfriend at the bar and he comes walking back from the outside toilet with some pace saying we have to go..... his missus is grabbing her stuff when a man walks in with wet trousers and the bottom half of his top, saying who has peed on me ;). Turns out my mate went to the loo, it was dark and he didn’t want to go in, in case of spiders so he peed through the doorway. This guy was sat in the loo doing a poo whilst my mate weed on him

I agree with your last paragraph, bit it's not the extreme right tearing down statues and attacking the police (when the weather's good).

The extreme right are absolutely infiltrating everything happening right now. I don
Nobody criticised Saville for being a nonce? I don't think you read the press.

When it was called out for the millionth time Scara. MY point is he was noncing for decades and was conveniently ignored until it couldn't be any longer. See where I'm going here?...

Of course I do. There's nothing of worth at either end of the political spectrum - unfortunately social media politics appears to be driving a lot of angry people there.

You really are beyond help but I'll rise to the bait anyway.

You're telling me that the behaviour of the far right (let's say EDL or KKK) is the same as Anonymous or ANTIFA?

Have the far left acted in an equally abhorrent way over the last twenty years (I chose 20 years just to narrow it down a bit in the interest of a more concise debate). Otherwise we all know how well the KKK or Adolf were behaving in the mid 20th century and who even you might actually agree doesn't deserve a statue..

Nutters slaying innocents in Norway, mosque shootings, police brutality against non whites. Please tell me which far left groups can match those kind of performances?

Back