• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

My workplace is full of Goon supporters. They think it's hilarious that we signed Richarilson.

They also think Jesus is a better player and should be in front of him for Brazil
Richarlison - 10 in last 10 for Brazil, 20 in 42 overall
Jesus - 1 in last 20 (over last 3 years), 19 in 59 overall
Both are the same age, and Jesus has a slightly better striker rate at City than Richarlison had at a Everton side that was barely surviving.

Shouldn't talk to gooners, it hurts the brain

All seems very OTT to me, he’s been here just over a year and pulled off a minor miracle at the end of last season.

We won’t get anything fixed if we swap managers every time we have a bad run, especially when there are so many mitigating circumstances.

The challenge for most people is

- He got players he wanted (Perisic, Bissouma, Richarlison, Lenglet) and the fact that Perisic - free, Bissouma contract ending and Lenglet was a loan also minimizes the actual type of player we got for him.
- He's got his pre-season, he even got a mid season preseason

And we look worse than last year, we have conceded more than last year (even taking into account the 9 goals Nuno's team shipped in 3 games).

I really wonder if the lesson is defensive coaches don't really work in the place we are in
- For teams that survival is the only objective, you probably will scrape enough points for it to work
- If you have a truly elite team, you can probably get it to work as well (minimize the mistakes, take your chances)
- For us, it seems like it's not good enough to hurt the top teams and leaves open to the occasional mugging/smash and grab from lower level teams
- If we look at our better years, we tended to smash the lower level teams and it was good enough to keep us in the running for top 4.

All seems very OTT to me, he’s been here just over a year and pulled off a minor miracle at the end of last season.

We won’t get anything fixed if we swap managers every time we have a bad run, especially when there are so many mitigating circumstances.

But by the same token, I think that timescale works against him on the basis of the rhetoric's used to defend him by some are, Spurs have reneged on the stratagy to get him in and he is being failed by the club in the market.

The challenge for most people is

- He got players he wanted (Perisic, Bissouma, Richarlison, Lenglet) and the fact that Perisic - free, Bissouma contract ending and Lenglet was a loan also minimizes the actual type of player we got for him.
- He's got his pre-season, he even got a mid season preseason

And we look worse than last year, we have conceded more than last year (even taking into account the 9 goals Nuno's team shipped in 3 games).

I really wonder if the lesson is defensive coaches don't really work in the place we are in
- For teams that survival is the only objective, you probably will scrape enough points for it to work
- If you have a truly elite team, you can probably get it to work as well (minimize the mistakes, take your chances)
- For us, it seems like it's not good enough to hurt the top teams and leaves open to the occasional mugging/smash and grab from lower level teams
- If we look at our better years, we tended to smash the lower level teams and it was good enough to keep us in the running for top 4.

only recently, not that long ago we were on our best ever league start

our signings last winter and summer don't back that up imo

Well we had long protracted talks so the idea that manager and board are not on the same page, at least factually by agreements, makes zero sense to me. Especially as Conte has all through his tenure agreed that he knows what it is and agrees. We have backed him in every window he has been here in the short space of time with signings he agreed with, bar Spence which he was vocal about not agreeing about. And the reason I allude to the timescales is that this is only his third window, so the more I think about it the more I think about those rhetorics about being lets down by the board the more I think they are just as made up as those you see in the papers about him and the board, lazy and easy

Yep, that's how it works.

Well, of course it doesn't. But their justification at present is hard to argue with; extended periods of injury and no PL goals.

The two are linked, of course, but it can hardly be said that he's grabbed the opportunities he has had with both hands - save for the CL brace.

They also think Jesus is a better player and should be in front of him for Brazil
Richarlison - 10 in last 10 for Brazil, 20 in 42 overall
Jesus - 1 in last 20 (over last 3 years), 19 in 59 overall
Both are the same age, and Jesus has a slightly better striker rate at City than Richarlison had at a Everton side that was barely surviving.

Shouldn't talk to gooners, it hurts the brain

It's hard to avoid talking to them unfortunately. I do try. :D

They are quick to quote the two players' PL statistics, which are clearly in favour of Jesus, despite him often being a bit-part player at City. They aren't really interested in what goes on with the two of them at international level, to be honest.

Pretty sure he primarily means Levy, but knows if he mentions him first it won't go down too well.

He's comparing England to Italy, so really it's Paratici. If we've got to the stage where he's suggesting that Levy faces a media press conference once a month, then it's definitely all over.
I assume he's just fed up with the same questions over when he can't give any different answer. Klopp flipped out last week over the same thing (reasonably so imo). It just goes with the territory and he should be used to it.

They are quick to quote the two players' PL statistics, which are clearly in favour of Jesus, despite him often being a bit-part player at City. They aren't really interested in what goes on with the two of them at international level, to be honest.
Why would anyone be interested in what they do at international level? What has Lloris winning the World Cup done for us? Romero winning the World Cup? What has Maguires decent England performances done for Man U? I love Richi for his efforts, but Jesus is a far more technically gifted player and would have elevated our attacking play the same way Kulu has…..

I actually think he’s right here, generally the media commitments these top managers have to give are ridiculous.

A pre match press conference, then a pre game interview with tv if match is live, post match interview if match is live and post match press conference. That X 3 most weeks for the champions league clubs.

I know he’s looking to deflect the blame a bit, but also there is a good point being made. I’d quite like to hear more from Paratici.

Maybe remind them that his record at arsenal for scoring goals is on par with our defensive midfielders

I don't see why we should hear from any of them, there is very little of interest or insight in the between game press/media coverage, mostly ill informed speculation, hype and knee-jerking.

Let people get involved with that by all means, but don't waste the time of the protagonists, they are all trained to not say anything anyway.

Harry Kane has given a thousand interviews over the years, but he only says one of two things, depending on whether we won or not, its always "the lads done well" or "we'll learn from that".

Back