• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Same here. I feel like almost every Spurs players had scored on their debut for England. Players like King, Anderton, Defoe etc.

Andros Townsend is the seventh Tottenham Hotspur player to score on his full England debut.

The previous six were...

Vivian Woodward (1903)
Bill Nicholson (1951)
Johnny Brooks (1956)
Bobby Smith (1960)
Glenn Hoddle (1979)
Steven Caulker (2012)

I hope he has a dozen tries a game from now on. He who dares wins, Rodney

how often does he get into that position with us? he was cutting right into the centre yesterday - yet with us tends to hang on the wings? (or am I making this up)

great goal - hoping it brings confidence to his games for us....

how often does he get into that position with us? he was cutting right into the centre yesterday - yet with us tends to hang on the wings? (or am I making this up)

You are making it up. :-" A lot of fans have been criticising his shooting. I think he has made the most shots of any player in the EPL so far (? Statto)

You are making it up. :-" A lot of fans have been criticising his shooting. I think he has made the most shots of any player in the EPL so far (? Statto)

Indeed he has.

He's averaged 4.3 shots per game in his 6 Premier League matches so far this season.

I hope he has a dozen tries a game from now on. He who dares wins, Rodney

Hope not. He is not going to have the freedom to shoot in the league like he had against Montenegro. Prefer him to just create the chances for the strikers.

Hope not. He is not going to have the freedom to shoot in the league like he had against Montenegro. Prefer him to just create the chances for the strikers.

I'd prefer that he takes whichever option is better at the time. Sometimes it will be better to shoot, he's got a decent shot, use it. Sometimes it will be better to provide, so do that. It's this decision making that will make him a far greater player. He seemed to display it last night, so hopefully he can display it consistently.

AT was the only good thing about the WH game.
We absolutely needed defensive midfielders in that game. I think AVB picked the wrong side and also made the wrong subs.

Agree with you on this. Makes a nice change ;)

I'd prefer that he takes whichever option is better at the time. Sometimes it will be better to shoot, he's got a decent shot, use it. Sometimes it will be better to provide, so do that. It's this decision making that will make him a far greater player. He seemed to display it last night, so hopefully he can display it consistently.

Agree, but I think it is only natural when you first break into a team as a striker that you want to score. This grabs the headlines and almost makes sure you play the next game. I think when he becomes more established, his decision making will improve. He showed signs of this against WetSpam. Lets hope it continues to improve.

Less than a year ago a majority on here wanted to get rid and bring in Tom Ince.
As Ince was performing at senior level,
while we couldn't afford the risk it involves to give "youth" players their opportunity.

Spurs academy can certainly be proud of Andros, who joined us around the same time as Ledley King made his senior debut.

I repeatedly questioned what the point of us signing Ince was when we already had Townsend. At the time, there were rumours that Townsend would be sold for a low price and that we'd then sign Ince for more. Those rumours made NO sense to me.

Great debut from Andros.

I hope he keeps trying to shoot for us, because he is actually capable of scoring from it. What I don't want to see is people with hopeless long-range shooting trying efforts from 30 yards (Paulinho seems to fall into that category for us. Just get in the box please Paulie!)

I think Andros can actually develop into a properly class player. He has a good shot (doesn't mean he will score everytime he tries though, so we have to accept the misses) but it's his touch, his close control and his dribbling that really does look to be a class above. Combined with his awesome pace and his genuinely decent crossing, I think we have a proper player on our hands.

I remember when journalists were laughing that Levy was quoting Ten mil for Andros in the summer. It's taken only 6 games to prove them wrong.

As others have said, Andros has certainly not been shy to cut inside and shoot this season for us and according to Andros Townsend Football Statistics | WhoScored.com he has attempted as many shots as crosses this league campaign so far (26 of each).

Of the 8 shots he's managed to get on target this season for us in the Prem 7 have been straight down the middle of the goal at the GK according to Andros Townsend Stats from Squawka.com. Hopefully he'll start finding those corners and thus start scoring for us in the league soon too...

Back