• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

. Two DMs against teams that park the bus against us at home is too negative. We need to adopt a more adventurous and progressive approach against teams only interested in defending.
AT was the only good thing about the WH game.
We absolutely needed defensive midfielders in that game. I think AVB picked the wrong side and also made the wrong subs.

So thrilled for Townsend.

People say sending him out on loan nine times has been the making of him, but if anything it may have held him back because he's been showing he's capable of tearing defences apart for years.

I had doubts about his ability to step it up a year or two ago and I'm so very happy he's proved me wrong, great to see him get his goal for England =D>

Im not being sarky here but what is Dembele?

i dislike dembele despite being a fan and wanting u to sign him from fulham, he offers very little and plays like a defensive midfielder.

Dembele and Paulinho for me are both all rounders. Neither are what I'd call true defensive midfielders. Neither are disciplined enough. I agree with Billy that Sandro/Capoue are the only two true holders we have.

For me it should be Sandro OR Capoue partnered with Dembele OR Paulinho, behind the number 10 of Eriksen OR Holtby OR Sigurdsson OR potentially even Lamela.

Quick if you want to see his goal again on ITV!!!!!!

With his right foot. The other AT said he was brave enough. Confidence big deal for anyone let alone footballers.

Last edited:
Dembele and Paulinho for me are both all rounders. Neither are what I'd call true defensive midfielders. Neither are disciplined enough. I agree with Billy that Sandro/Capoue are the only two true holders we have.

For me it should be Sandro OR Capoue partnered with Dembele OR Paulinho, behind the number 10 of Eriksen OR Holtby OR Sigurdsson OR potentially even Lamela.

that's what i wanted to see and thought it was how we were going to set ourselves up - the central 6 looks perfect in terms of having 2 players for each role - defensive, creative and all rounder box to box type

Less than a year ago a majority on here wanted to get rid and bring in Tom Ince.
As Ince was performing at senior level,
while we couldn't afford the risk it involves to give "youth" players their opportunity.

Spurs academy can certainly be proud of Andros, who joined us around the same time as Ledley King made his senior debut.

I had doubts about his ability to step it up a year or two ago and I'm so very happy he's proved me wrong, great to see him get his goal for England =D>

That'll be because you did not have had the benefit of witnessing his performance for us in the FA Cup January 2011 when he was voted MOM after pretty much single-handedly tearing Charlton to shreds from the right.

I'm getting the feeling that AT possibly being the next GB. Yes, he has a lot of work to do. Yes, he isnt close to being a GB at the moment. But, he's got the potensiale to be as good as GB.
I know I could make a fool out of myself, but with good coaching, right attitude (looks like he has got it) - yes, AT could do the same for us as GB has done for us the last two seasons. Remember, GB, wasnt really famous before the three goals against Inter. And he wasnt a real star before he started banging them in after New Years Eve this year. Give him time, he will come good :)

I would like to see the following midfield:

Sandro Paulinho

Townsend Eriksen Holtby/Lamela

I would like to see the following midfield:

Sandro Paulinho

Townsend Eriksen Holtby/Lamela

I wasnt positive about Eriksen when he came. He proved me wrong for a couple of matches, but was useless against WH. Would like to see:
Sandro - Paulinho
Townsend - Holtby - Lamela.

Just for the energy, pace and one-on-one-ability of the three of them combined.

I wasnt positive about Eriksen when he came. He proved me wrong for a couple of matches, but was useless against WH. Would like to see:
Sandro - Paulinho

For sure Eriksen struggled v WHU but for me this lad is pure quality. Doubtless needs time to adjust to the PL but my money's on him becoming a WHL legend.

Sandro - Paulinho

You can't write Eriksen off after one bad game.

Back