• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

how often does he get into that position with us? he was cutting right into the centre yesterday - yet with us tends to hang on the wings? (or am I making this up)

great goal - hoping it brings confidence to his games for us....

I think it was against Norwich that he was cutting in and finding that position many times and shooting off-target...

Poland will be different for him, simply because Walker won't be behind him and he will not have a natural right-back. I think Walker deserves A LOT of credit for the help he gave him last night in terms of support...

I think it was against Norwich that he was cutting in and finding that position many times and shooting off-target...

Poland will be different for him, simply because Walker won't be behind him and he will not have a natural right-back. I think Walker deserves A LOT of credit for the help he gave him last night in terms of support...

So, do you prefer the Walker/Lennon or Walker/Townsend combo?

For me it has to be the latter, possibly with Lamela coming in and Walker swopping to the left to provide some natural width when Rose is out.

For me it has to be the latter, possibly with Lamela coming in and Walker swopping to the left to provide some natural width when Rose is out.

Not sure why you'd put walker on the left.. I've not seen any evidence that he can cross with his left foot. His right foot gets enough criticism as it is.

Walker Townsend/lamela for me.

Not sure why you'd put walker on the left.. I've not seen any evidence that he can cross with his left foot. His right foot gets enough criticism as it is.

Walker Townsend/lamela for me.

Oops, sorry I meant Townsend.

Well it's difficult...I still think a fully-fit Azza is total, and utter, class. I have not forgotten him! Sooooooo...my preference would be to see them BOTH fit and for Andros and Rose to work together on the left, with Lennon and Walker on the right knowing that both can interchange...I still see Lamela as someone who can potentially drift behind the front...I think he will take time to fully develop into the Prem anyway, although again I have to say i rate him very very highly. We're in a good spot right now player-wise IMO...

His goal could be very bad news for Spurs, on many levels.

AVB will be under pressure to play him. He will shoot more, AVB will not be able to sell him or loan him out, anytime soon.

We will have to endue at least couple of years of wayward shots , with no goals and sloppy passing. While our opponents play wide players with genuine class.

I think it unlikely he will get his fair share of assists and goals. The trouble is , his negative count rate will ahve to really add up, before he isx demoted in the squad to his rightful place.

That will cost us. So his goal could be very bad news for us.

AVB will be under pressure to play him. He will shoot more, AVB will not be able to sell him or loan him out, anytime soon.

We will have to endue at least couple of years of wayward shots , with no goals and sloppy passing. While our opponents play wide players with genuine class.

I think it unlikely he will get his fair share of assists and goals. The trouble is , his negative count rate will ahve to really add up, before he isx demoted in the squad to his rightful place.

Unbelievable! Thanks for the laugh Col, it's the first time I have ever heard a goal described as a disaster!!

So funny! :lol:

Unbelievable! Thanks for the laugh Col, it's the first time I have ever heard a goal described as a disaster!!

All is very plausible though .

We are 7th, he has no assists or goals. the hype from the goal could extend his stay in the team at the expense of Lamela or Lennon who are better players IMO.

Colin Fishwick is our friend, is our friend, is our friend
Colin Fishwick is our friend, is our friend, is our friend
Colin Fishwick is our friend, he loves Gooooooooooooooooners !!!

Colin mate, I'm not sure at this point whether you're being serious of you're doing a funny parody of yourself.

But honestly, if football is seemingly giving you nothing but misery, what's the point? This isn't one of those if you don't like it, go support Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project posts, I'm sure you love Spurs as much as the rest of us. But I follow Spurs because I gather enjoyment from it. I like going to WHL, I like watching games on the computer, I even enjoy talking and reading rubbish with you idiots on here ;). If at any point my misery from following Spurs becomes more than my enjoyment, I'd probably stop. Because I'd rather spend that time doing something I will enjoy.

Colin mate, I'm not sure at this point whether you're being serious of you're doing a funny parody of yourself.

But honestly, if football is seemingly giving you nothing but misery, what's the point? This isn't one of those if you don't like it, go support Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project posts, I'm sure you love Spurs as much as the rest of us. But I follow Spurs because I gather enjoyment from it. I like going to WHL, I like watching games on the computer, I even enjoy talking and reading rubbish with you idiots on here ;). If at any point my misery from following Spurs becomes more than my enjoyment, I'd probably stop. Because I'd rather spend that time doing something I will enjoy.

I think he needs help.

Thank you and i enjoy talking with you as well. Tottenham gives me nothing but utter misery but i just can not kick the habit.

I didn't think anything could eclipse Andros's goal for sheer audacity but wow. That post is unreal.

He's a young lad, he will learn to improve his game. If he either improves his success rate or his decision making he will be a helluva asset.

Back