• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Half the job done. Great IV from AT, again praises his QPR loan. Thanks, Harry!!!!
Praise from Woy for AT.

Is it just me, or do England always play better when they have more Spurs players than Arsenal on the pitch?

Great performance from Andros last night and he joins some illustrious Spurs company to score on his England début =D>

Andros caps England debut with goal 11 October 2013 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com
...Andros is the seventh Spurs to mark his full England debut with a goal.

VJ Woodward v Ireland 1903
Bill Nicholson v Portugal 1951
Johnny Brooks v Wales 1956
Bobby Smith v Northern Ireland 1960
Glenn Hoddle v Bulgaria 1979
Steven Caulker v Sweden, 2012
Andros Townsend v Montenegro, 2013

Delighted for him and for us. Great for him to make a telling difference by scoring a goal, will make it that much more likely that he will keep his place.

With Caulker, Livermore and now Townsend, that's three academy players getting England caps in quick succession. Hopefully Carroll will follow soon too.

I think they are our first academy England players in a decade, since the King and Crouch cohort (who followed on not far behind the Campbell, Barmby and Walker one).

For some reason I had it in my head that King scored on his England debut v Portugal. I think that I must be thinking of a later cap of his.

With Caulker, Livermore and now Townsend, that's three academy players getting England caps in quick succession. Hopefully Carroll will follow soon too.

I think they are our first academy England players in a decade, since the King and Crouch cohort (who followed on not far behind the Campbell, Barmby and Walker one).

Yes, quite impressive. More impressive in many ways than signing very obviously talented 18-19 year old players and help them along further in their development like we've also done with some players obviously.

We're still waiting for the next academy player to become a real class act, but at least we're producing good PL level players from the academy again and that makes it a lot more likely that we'll see someone make that step up. Perhaps Andros could be that player.

Wish I had a weak foot like that :lol:

i4YcawiVklE1W.gif
ibsuWeKHCB1rir.gif

iNKfIRuAUHKMQ.gif
iXSO49Ns2ZPLV.gif

For some reason I had it in my head that King scored on his England debut v Portugal. I think that I must be thinking of a later cap of his.

Same here. I feel like almost every Spurs players had scored on their debut for England. Players like King, Anderton, Defoe etc.

You all know what's going to happen the next couple of dozen times he tries that in a Spurs shirt, don't you? Look out, you lot at the back of the Park Lane :)

Back