• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Not sure what this means. Personally, I thought May was average and he was lucky to get the couple of seasons he did at Utd.

May was average but he still was part of a title winning side.
O'Shea too.
and Jordi Cruyff.

You need players like this who will be part of a squad and can do a job if needed for a game or two.

May was average but he still was part of a title winning side.
O'Shea too.
and Jordi Cruyff.

You need players like this who will be part of a squad and can do a job if needed for a game or two.

Agreed. You do. But in my opinion, Townshend isn't good enough for that for us. I don't really rate him. He would not be in my 25 man squad personally. O'Shea and David May are, again IMO, incomparable. O'Shea was very versatile.

Agreed. You do. But in my opinion, Townshend isn't good enough for that for us. I don't really rate him. He would not be in my 25 man squad personally. O'Shea and David May are, again IMO, incomparable. O'Shea was very versatile.

Townsend was very far from average last season at QPR he showed enough to be rated as one of the best young prospects in the league, he may or may not make it but to say he wont at this stage is just stupid. I think it is a great shame for townsend he was born English, because if he was foreign and did what he did at the end of last season he would be very highly rated.

Townsend was very far from average last season at QPR he showed enough to be rated as one of the best young prospects in the league, he may or may not make it but to say he wont at this stage is just stupid. I think it is a great shame for townsend he was born English, because if he was foreign and did what he did at the end of last season he would be very highly rated.

I did not say he wouldn't 'make it' as he already has. He's a professional! But I do not think he is good enough for us even as a squad player if we want to push on seriously. Citing what he did at QPR doesn't change my mind personally. As for the whole 'if he was foreign' bit, what rubbish matey-boy! I feel EXACTLY the same about Falque! Whatever the manager decides is good enough for me.

From what I saw/read on Townsend during his loan at QPR, I think he's got the right attitude. Think of him as a bit of a Bentley, perhaps with a little less raw skill, but with more pace, better fitness, and his head screwed on. He was given the option of getting pitch time at a relegation-battling team, and took it. He played with real desire, dragging along a team full of big-time Charlies who couldn't be arsed.

I think it says a lot about him as a player, and I do think he's got a part to play this season -- you need four wingers and a combination of Bale, Lennon, Townsend and Chadli should do the trick.

thing is, Ive heard people on here say Remy is brick because he scored goals for a team playing on the counter, used his pace to hurt defences when playing off the last man so we shouldnt go for him.

yet townsend played in the same team and also shared success (in terms of ability) and he's loved for it. Not saying I don't rate Townsend, I went to bloody school with the guy, (maybe thats why I don't see him at Spurs, because he wasnt that good?), but i would be happy for him in our 25 man squad, he adds natural width and we've missed cover for years

I did not say he wouldn't 'make it' as he already has. He's a professional! But I do not think he is good enough for us even as a squad player if we want to push on seriously. Citing what he did at QPR doesn't change my mind personally. As for the whole 'if he was foreign' bit, what rubbish matey-boy! I feel EXACTLY the same about Falque! Whatever the manager decides is good enough for me.

Well falque has never done it at the top level in our league so the is good reason to not rate him nor does he have the pace that townsend has which can hurt defences in this league.

I am not against falque he showed some nice moments in the europa league and i also think that a player like him might come good a little later a bit like how arteta did at everton. As for townsend he can do as much as someone like dempsey so we should be looking to get dempsey off the books and used the money saved to look for another striker.

Players like townsend and carroll have as much skill as any english player and more then most but the reason they wont make it is because they will not be given enough playing time because their path to the first team is blocked by more experinced but not by better players.

Well falque has never done it at the top level in our league so the is good reason to not rate him nor does he have the pace that townsend has which can hurt defences in this league.

I am not against falque he showed some nice moments in the europa league and i also think that a player like him might come good a little later a bit like how arteta did at everton. As for townsend he can do as much as someone like dempsey so we should be looking to get dempsey off the books and used the money saved to look for another striker.

Players like townsend and carroll have as much skill as any english player and more then most but the reason they wont make it is because they will not be given enough playing time because their path to the first team is blocked by more experinced but not by better players.

I think Carroll is a fine prospect, really really like him but was sightly concerned that he couldn't force himself into a few more games last season as he did appear to have an opportunity to do so. I disagree re: Townshend and Dempsey; you will never see Townshend score as many scruffy goals as Dempsey does! Falque? yeah, some nice touches, but I think our 25 man squad has to have greater consistent, and available, quality!

Well, we will know pretty soon how highly AVB rates him as he is in Asia with the first team. AVB is the only guy Andros has to impress.

Well, we will know pretty soon how highly AVB rates him as he is in Asia with the first team. AVB is the only guy Andros has to impress.

Agreed, and to be fair, if AVB rates him highly enough, then quite obviously I bow to his superior knowledge.

you'd think he'd put pressure on Lennon and perhaps buck up his ideas but Lennon just seems like one of those who is happy to collect a pay check nowadays.

you'd think he'd put pressure on Lennon and perhaps buck up his ideas but Lennon just seems like one of those who is happy to collect a pay check nowadays.

Lennon is as frustrating as he is talented. He could really be one of the top players in the PL but something holds him back. You see other players with less talent do more. I just wish that when Bale goes that Lennon finally steps up and delivers.

On Andros, the guy has proven he deserves a chance for this season. He did really well in a tough situation at Qpr, surely that is the meaning of loans - go our and prove yourself and he did that.

Back