• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Lennon is as frustrating as he is talented. He could really be one of the top players in the PL but something holds him back. You see other players with less talent do more. I just wish that when Bale goes that Lennon finally steps up and delivers.

On Andros, the guy has proven he deserves a chance for this season. He did really well in a tough situation at Qpr, surely that is the meaning of loans - go our and prove yourself and he did that.

Why could he be one of the top players in the PL? Yes he's very quick, but he doesn't strike a ball well and isn't particularly skillful. Never has been. I think it's time we accept him for what he is - a good, solid player that has reached his potential.

Why could he be one of the top players in the PL? Yes he's very quick, but he doesn't strike a ball well and isn't particularly skillful. Never has been. I think it's time we accept him for what he is - a good, solid player that has reached his potential.

I cant really disagree but the optimest in me hopes for more. When Lennon is on form he can be unstoppable. I remember back to many examples when he just stopped trying to beat a fullback and just passed back to Walker. I just want him to keep attacking the full back, he doesnt have world class skill but with super pace you can lay off simple passes for tap ins. It just feels like an opportunity wasted with Lennon.

The best thing about Townsend and also Chadli is that for the first time in his 9 years at Spurs, Lennon has competition. I've always felt that he was too secure and needed an emerging player to keep him in his toes or risk losing his place

you'd think he'd put pressure on Lennon and perhaps buck up his ideas but Lennon just seems like one of those who is happy to collect a pay check nowadays.

I am a Lennon fan but it was chalk and cheese today attitude wise with Townsend.

The best thing about Townsend and also Chadli is that for the first time in his 9 years at Spurs, Lennon has competition. I've always felt that he was too secure and needed an emerging player to keep him in his toes or risk losing his place

You would not have thought so today. Friendlies are all about fitness and attitude. He was not busting a gut today.

For me Lennon has put on far to much body size in the past two seasons. I'm sure that if you look at him when we played Inter in the Champions League away and look at him now he is definitely at heavier.

Townsend could easily pass him this season.

If he'd grown up at Porto, he'd have just been sold to Monaco for £35m :)

No, he wouldn't.

He is a raw talent. He flopped here, did quite well at QPR and looks promising in a friendly.

He has a future here if he plays with the same attitude as he did today every time he plays.

No, he wouldn't.

He is a raw talent. He flopped here, did quite well at QPR and looks promising in a friendly.

He has a future here if he plays with the same attitude as he did today every time he plays.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement. With one notable exception he has always shown great promise whenever he's come on, but He's found it very difficult to get a look in against the likes of Bale, Lennon, Siggy and Holtby.

I for one will be gutted if we let him go, although with the arrival of Chadli that seems a strong possibility.

So pleased that this kid's stock is starting to rise.

I thought higher of him than Caulker and Carroll tbh. He just has that tenacity and belief in his ability.

Lennon is as frustrating as he is talented. He could really be one of the top players in the PL but something holds him back. You see other players with less talent do more. I just wish that when Bale goes that Lennon finally steps up and delivers.

On Andros, the guy has proven he deserves a chance for this season. He did really well in a tough situation at Qpr, surely that is the meaning of loans - go our and prove yourself and he did that.

Agree with Joesh on this assessment. I loved Lennon when he first broke through, he really got me on the edge of my seat when he got the ball. Not now. He seems to have been neutered. Really should have done more over the last couple of seasons, particularly bearing in mind all the attention Bale was getting. Just isn't doing it now for me. Townsend and Chadli deserve a chance now.

Agree with Joesh on this assessment. I loved Lennon when he first broke through, he really got me on the edge of my seat when he got the ball. Not now. He seems to have been neutered. Really should have done more over the last couple of seasons, particularly bearing in mind all the attention Bale was getting. Just isn't doing it now for me. Townsend and Chadli deserve a chance now.

But I think he got bullied out of it by Bale. Not necessarily directly, but probably by coaching instructions. Lennon is clearly more effective on the right, but how often did we see him have to go left because Bale came over?

I won't deny it wasnt the better tactic for the greater good, Bale scored a few screamers cutting in from the right (it was so obvious at times I could not believe opponents let him do it, but probably shows how unstoppable he was). But don't let it disguise the fact that we did not play to Lennons strength last season.

But I think he got bullied out of it by Bale. Not necessarily directly, but probably by coaching instructions. Lennon is clearly more effective on the right, but how often did we see him have to go left because Bale came over?

I won't deny it wasnt the better tactic for the greater good, Bale scored a few screamers cutting in from the right (it was so obvious at times I could not believe opponents let him do it, but probably shows how unstoppable he was). But don't let it disguise the fact that we did not play to Lennons strength last season.

Not only that, but Lennon is more likely to be holding Walker's hand than looking for a quick release into space from CM these days. I think Lennon's value to the team is being underestimated again. Have Walker act like a more responsible and sensible defender and you automatically see a more aggressive forward playing Lennon imo

I think some people are forgetting just how instrumental Lennon was last season. He was arguably better than Bale in the first half of the season, was vital when Bale was injured and when he himself was injured, was sorely missed.

Townsend does deserve a chance in the first team though, he has had about 5 loans now and has shown enough to be a part of the squad.

No, he wouldn't.

how do you flop as a squad player that doesnt get any minutes and is far down the pecking order. And not to mention in the games that you play at europa you look impressive....

how in the world is that flopping?:eek:

infact forget all that, how did he flop stop?

how do you flop as a squad player that doesnt get any minutes and is far down the pecking order. And not to mention in the games that you play at europa you look impressive....

how in the world is that flopping?:eek:

infact forget all that, how did he flop stop?

A very good point you raise there dude?

I think some people are forgetting just how instrumental Lennon was last season. He was arguably better than Bale in the first half of the season, was vital when Bale was injured and when he himself was injured, was sorely missed.

Townsend does deserve a chance in the first team though, he has had about 5 loans now and has shown enough to be a part of the squad.

Agree totally. It might have only been a friendly but unlike a number of the other players on show on Saturday he actually played like he gave a fudge

Back