• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Probably because we have been crying out for Pace he looked very good when he came on. His impact was enough to change the game and gave us a much needed outlet that gave Us space and monentum.

Changed the game and had the beating of the full back which was good to see rather than a group of players wanting it into feet 30 yards out.

He'll prob start nxt week and look poor again just like lamela so I am not getting carried away with either of them

Did very well when he came on. Will presumably start on Thurs

It will be interesting to see the side Poch selects on Thursday. There are some fringe and youth players who will be keen to stake a claim but it could also be a chance to try and play some players into form.

I think he has a future for us as a squad player/impact sub. He is more likely to be happy with that role given he is a Spurs man.

It will be interesting to see the side Poch selects on Thursday. There are some fringe and youth players who will be keen to stake a claim but it could also be a chance to try and play some players into form.
I'm most interested to see who he play up front? Kane to get his confidence back? Or more likely N'Jie?

Pass success of 80% - whilst that's at the very bottom end of what we should be expecting, that's a massive improvement for him.

Let's hope he can get up to the 85-90s and start getting some assists.

He is very good as a impact player off the bench, however he is still a one trick pony ( imo) and unless he changes that he will remain on the fringes.

I think Townsend could have a big season, get his 2013 form back.

I'd like to see him given more minutes in away matches, to build his confidence back up, away from the WHL boo-boys.

It looked like Poch told Andros 'if you keep cutting inside and blasting the ball you will be doing it for Villa'.

Andros was excellent yesterday along with Lamela.

Now I never thought I'd be typing that sentence!

It took about 10-15 minutes before he could no longer control his instincts and wasted a good opportunity by not releasing the ball, but kept trying to find an opening to shoot instead. Up to that point he'd been good.

Wish I had a gif of the one time he tried to beat his man with pace alone. Would be the perfect rebuttal every time someone claims he's pacy.

It took about 10-15 minutes before he could no longer control his instincts and wasted a good opportunity by not releasing the ball, but kept trying to find an opening to shoot instead. Up to that point he'd been good.

Wish I had a gif of the one time he tried to beat his man with pace alone. Would be the perfect rebuttal every time someone claims he's pacy.

Think the tables have turned now, and the 'Townsend isn't fast' claim is becoming an equally banal untruth! He's not super fast over long distances, but he clearly has decent quickness over short distances to beat his man.

The guy is awful. He's direct. That it. He isn't that quick despite what people seem to think. He can't cross, can't shoot, doesn't bring anyone into play, runs into blind alleys. Gutted he's still with us to be honest. His value will only decrease
How do you feel he does in the looks department?

Back