• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I'd love to see Townsend come good. Maybe we could convert him to a striker for Europa games or something useful. But he's half way to becoming a player in England (has pace)

Now there's obviously no direct quotes from him, as he's previously been determined to stay at the club. But suddenly we get the 'I'd leave to get in England squad' etc stories, and I cost to much. With games coming thick and fast between now and January, hopefully he realizes he's got to get his end product right and goes about doing so.

No, he doesn't. Not that it would do him much good as he would just run straight into defenders.

I'd love to see Townsend come good. Maybe we could convert him to a striker for Europa games or something useful. But he's half way to becoming a player in England (has pace)

Now there's obviously no direct quotes from him, as he's previously been determined to stay at the club. But suddenly we get the 'I'd leave to get in England squad' etc stories, and I cost to much. With games coming thick and fast between now and January, hopefully he realizes he's got to get his end product right and goes about doing so.

I was thinking about whether could play up front the other day. The problem with this I think is that he doesn't have the vision to bring others into play and his shooting is too erratic.

I was thinking about whether could play up front the other day. The problem with this I think is that he doesn't have the vision to bring others into play and his shooting is too erratic.
That was my thinking, on his erratic shooting. But you'd think it could be possible to improve, if stuck up front in training for a few weeks. It's gonna have to be him, chadli, Son etc in training for a while. Love to see it.

That was my thinking, on his erratic shooting. But you'd think it could be possible to improve, if stuck up front in training for a few weeks. It's gonna have to be him, chadli, Son etc in training for a while. Love to see it.

I don't think that you can coach vision.

I don't think that you can coach vision.

It can be coached to some degree, but it's probably too late for him with us. We can't carry someone who's still working on the basics.

You can definitely coach players to make up for poor vision and decision making by working on positioning and where to look for team mates when you get the ball, but I think you need a system with very fixed roles for that. Poch's system seem to require more flexibility and moving around.

Vision is not really the problem as such, he plays with his head down most of the time so he just runs himself into blind alleys. He has played nearly 90 games for us and still has the same faults, not sure he will ever change.

Vision is not really the problem as such, he plays with his head down most of the time so he just runs himself into blind alleys. He has played nearly 90 games for us and still has the same faults, not sure he will ever change.

I agree with this actually, vision was the wrong way of putting it.

The impact of it if he played up top would be that the attacking midfielders would have to feed a player whose shooting is all over the place. Our goals from midfield would dry up too because he would not bring them into play.

Andros is Spurs through and through bless him. This though could increase the pressure and acts as more of hindrance. I still feel he would better of at another club.

Andros Townsend is seeking talks with his Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino to see if he has a future at the club, writes Tom Hopkinson in the Sunday People.

England winger Townsend was offered to Southampton on loan as part of Spurs’ bid to prise Victor Wanyama away from St Mary’s.

He was also on the table as the Londoners stepped up their pursuit of West Brom's Saido Berahino.

Neither deal happened — Saints refused to sell their midfielder and the Baggies insisted Tottenham’s valuation of striker Berahino did not meet their own.

But Townsend’s inclusion in both proposals has left him in limbo – and he will now seek assurances that he is still part of Pochettino’s plans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenhams-andros-townsend-wants-talks-6389888

Makes no sense, especially if it's true he's been turning down moves. He's done nothing to warrant a place in the side and the fact that he's being offered to other clubs should tell him what he needs to know.

Good lad, but I don't think he will be with us in a couple of years time. As much as I like him, he just hasn't developed in these last two years.

I live in hope that he will fulfill his early promise but fear that it just won't happen. I think he is a good squad option though.

I live in hope that he will fulfill his early promise but fear that it just won't happen. I think he is a good squad option though.

There is something there, but don't see it happening at Spurs, and honestly the lad could start for someone else in the PL.

Might be best for him career wise to move on. Cups this season will probably be his last throw of the dice with us.

There is something there, but don't see it happening at Spurs, and honestly the lad could start for someone else in the PL.

Might be best for him career wise to move on. Cups this season will probably be his last throw of the dice with us.

I agree that this is his last throw of the dice with us. I would just love for him to be successful with us as he obviously has a massive place for us in his heart. Unfortunately life does not work out like that!

I agree that this is his last throw of the dice with us. I would just love for him to be successful with us as he obviously has a massive place for us in his heart. Unfortunately life does not work out like that!

Life is harsh, but i have not seen enough from him to suggest that he will be a first IX player any time soon.

He has a limit and i think his pace has overshadowed his lack of basics at a higher level.

I think it's both that and a lack of vision. If he played the game with a bit more spatial awareness, read of the 'moment' and understanding of where the spaces are on the pitch to exploit, he could be devastating. He is essentially a coaches nightmare as you want so much for him to be that, because he has tools!!!!

I think it's both that and a lack of vision. If he played the game with a bit more spatial awareness, read of the 'moment' and understanding of where the spaces are on the pitch to exploit, he could be devastating. He is essentially a coaches nightmare as you want so much for him to be that, because he has tools!!!!

True but to do that he has to get his head up first which he never does :) And I do not think he will ever be devastating.

The guy is awful. He's direct. That it. He isn't that quick despite what people seem to think. He can't cross, can't shoot, doesn't bring anyone into play, runs into blind alleys. Gutted he's still with us to be honest. His value will only decrease

Back