• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Andros is Spurs through and through bless him. This though could increase the pressure and acts as more of hindrance. I still feel he would better of at another club.

Personally, I have always felt he would excel as a natural winger, you know the type of left footed winger who plays on the left flank and crosses the ball with his left peg into the box for our attackers. Not only would he be using his stronger foot most of the time there would be less of an urge for him to cutting in and shoot. Either way I have not given up on him and still think he has the quality to come good

Personally, I have always felt he would excel as a natural winger, you know the type of left footed winger who plays on the left flank and crosses the ball with his left peg into the box for our attackers. Not only would he be using his stronger foot most of the time there would be less of an urge for him to cutting in and shoot. Either way I have not given up on him and still think he has the quality to come good

Again i question his intelligence as a football player i don't think putting him out on the wing will change that.

If his strengths were on the wing and he was good at it, surely one of the managers would have tried to take a punt on it ... even if it was within the game in periods

Agreed. He can easily cut in from that side and use his right foot too. He is not bad with it, as weaker foot shots go.

Again i question his intelligence as a football player i don't think putting him out on the wing will change that.

If his strengths were on the wing and he was good at it, surely one of the managers would have tried to take a punt on it ... even if it was within the game in periods
I might question our managers' intelligence, more.

You could be right but he's have to drop a fair way down the league to find a club that would play him like that

Townsend has an ingrained tendency to cut in and shoot regardless of the position he's supposed to be playing. That's his game. Getting to the byeline and crossing comes that much less naturally to him so it probably ain't gonna happen.

I might question our managers' intelligence, more.

Unfortunately without having a dig, i think redknapp, Poch etc have more knowledge of how to utilise players more than you in this instance.

He may not have shown enough during training and even the game to warrant being placed out on the wing.

Townsend has an ingrained tendency to cut in and shoot regardless of the position he's supposed to be playing. That's his game. Getting to the byeline and crossing comes that much less naturally to him so it probably ain't gonna happen.

Apart from the fact that at youth level and at other clubs he precisely played like this. When he has got on the left wing he has always looked decent as he can strip a man down the line and put in a decent delivery and cut in also.

If we somehow could find a role for him on the left then it would make sense to keep him over lamela - however we don't so sell both asap

Problem is Son plays best from the left, so Andros won't get a shout there at Spurs. And Clinton will be ahead of him.

He's got to start on the right and learn to vary his play.

Though we are forgetting that width in Poch team is from the full backs, so the wide men are expected to cut inside and have a shot.

We looked better when Townsend came on. There I just said it! More direct and he played a couple of good balls in.

Definitely made a difference, chose to go wide and beat the FB several times, makes him a little less predictable (vs. inside all the times).

Pace and directness was effective.

Might get a start Thursday

Yep, beat his man a couple of times, put some nice crosses in, played OK really... being harsh I might say that's because Sunderland were very tired by that point and also point out that their left back was not good at all positionally as pointed out all game on Yank TV... but yeah Andros did well, good lad.

Back