• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I think we want to sell but he's digging his heels in and refusing to go - which of course is his right

We've not really been linked with any right-sided players though. Other than this Yarmolenko guy, but that just seems to be coming from his agent, rather than genuine interest.

We've got too many other priorities (CF/LWF and CM) and not enough time or money left to worry about RWF this window

We've only got two RWFs - Lamela and Townsend

Pritchard will be Eriksen's cover at ACM.

I think we'll give him another 12 months. And he definitely won't go to Villa bearing in mind what Troy says about Sherwood.
We might but I just can't see us using him much. Has he been injured pre season? Thing is he still gets into the England squad/team and he doesn't play much for us so if that still happens maybe he will get 12 more months.

Dembele may been used there but has not done a very good job there. Heck, Kane has been used in goal

It was just an example of Townsend not being our only option on the right if Lamela is not available .

Dembele played there against Saudi Sportswashing Machine away under Sherwood iirc and done very well

Last edited:
We've not really been linked with any right-sided players though. Other than this Yarmolenko guy, but that just seems to be coming from his agent, rather than genuine interest.

We've got too many other priorities (CF/LWF and CM) and not enough time or money left to worry about RWF this window

N'Jie can play there, Berainho (if we get him), Lamela, Pritchard and now even Dembele.... I think we can offload Townsend pretty easily!! Hope so too.

Berahino and N'jie are both left sided
Not true. Both can play on either flank. Berahino spent about a third of the game against Emirates Marketing Project on the right. He played up top for the first twenty minutes and then split the rest of the match between the two flanks; spending marginally longer on the left I'd say.

What impressed me was how comfortable he looked on both sides (he didn't see much of the ball when he was up top thanks to a dominant Emirates Marketing Project midfield). So I certainly would not be surprised to see him on the right of our attack if he joins.

Don't know much about N'jie; but I've read that he can also play either side. I'd be quite surprised if Townsend is still here come September. Not that I'd be too disappointed if he is - I like him as a squad player - but I imagine he'll want regular football and if we have Lamela, Berahino and N'jie all capable of playing that position (not to mention Yarmolenko - though who knows how likely that is) then I suspect he may find himself down the pecking order.

Not true. Both can play on either flank. Berahino spent about a third of the game against Emirates Marketing Project on the right. He played up top for the first twenty minutes and then split the rest of the match between the two flanks; spending marginally longer on the left I'd say.

What impressed me was how comfortable he looked on both sides (he didn't see much of the ball when he was up top thanks to a dominant Emirates Marketing Project midfield). So I certainly would not be surprised to see him on the right of our attack if he joins.

Don't know much about N'jie; but I've read that he can also play either side. I'd be quite surprised if Townsend is still here come September. Not that I'd be too disappointed if he is - I like him as a squad player - but I imagine he'll want regular football and if we have Lamela, Berahino and N'jie all capable of playing that position (not to mention Yarmolenko - though who knows how likely that is) then I suspect he may find himself down the pecking order.

I agree with that. I like him as a squad player and don't think we are going to get a player that much better to fulfill a squad player role. It also helps that he's a Spurs supporter himself and is really keen to build a career here. That desire is why I really want him to do well. That said, if we get a good offer for him and he wants to leave, fair play. I will wish him the best.

I'd love to see Townsend come good. Maybe we could convert him to a striker for Europa games or something useful. But he's half way to becoming a player in England (has pace)

Now there's obviously no direct quotes from him, as he's previously been determined to stay at the club. But suddenly we get the 'I'd leave to get in England squad' etc stories, and I cost to much. With games coming thick and fast between now and January, hopefully he realizes he's got to get his end product right and goes about doing so.

Back