• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

To be clear I'm not saying I don't understand the difference between the two, or Poch's system doesn't prioritise using inside forwards, it was more a direct response to the 'we don't play with wingers so we won't sign a winger' when actually porch has played with wingers, but people hide behind these terms. I think it's marginal. Sometimes Lamela IS a winger, sometimes he drifts in, there's more fluidity of movement, same with Chadli, definitely when Townsend plays there. Yes they cut inside more for the full backs to kick on, but they do also stay on the wing. If we bought a winger it wouldn't destroy the system.

A lot of wingers has done really well without been lightening fast, and to Bobbies advantage he's clearly got a good reading of the game. The crosses is mostly about timing and the correct pace of the ball. We've seen a lot of crosses the last few season in Spurs with a lot of pace, but with no end product - because the player crossing doesn't connect to anyone of ours inside the box. Bobbie's got good enough pace and ball control to keep the ball, and IMO he's got the vision and brain to actually get the crosses in to the right man. I would love to see if it could pay off, but I guess he will be sold soon anyway.

Lol, this is ridiculous. Some are so desperate for him to succeed that they now think he will make a good winger, haha. What's next? Soldado as a GK? Might actually work tbf, he's an expert at keeping the ball out of the goal...

Reactions: DTA
Lol, this is ridiculous. Some are so desperate for him to succeed that they now think he will make a good winger, haha. What's next? Soldado as a GK? Might actually work tbf, he's an expert at keeping the ball out of the goal...

No not as a winger, but as a wide forward. Very different position.

You guys have lost the plot.

At least we have a televised Spurs game tonight to restore some semblance of sanity.

Am I the only person on here who has not given up on Townsend and still believes he can be a success at Spurs?

There was a run of games that got him into the England reckoning, I still think he can find that again, and when he does I think he will be an asset to the club. I think he has the tools just needs to improve his decision making. I for one am desperate for him not to be sold this summer.

I will not be sorry to see him sold nearly 90 games for us and he still has the same faults as when he started. Head down, kick ball forward, couple of step overs, run into blind alleys and turn round and go back again. He must be a nightmare to play with as I have seen our players run into space waiting for him to play the ball into them only for him to go backwards.

He need to get his head up and play earlier balls but he does not seem able to accept this.

Am I the only person on here who has not given up on Townsend and still believes he can be a success at Spurs?

There was a run of games that got him into the England reckoning, I still think he can find that again, and when he does I think he will be an asset to the club. I think he has the tools just needs to improve his decision making. I for one am desperate for him not to be sold this summer.

To be honest, I suspect you are in the very small minority .. and likely to be disappointed (I think he will be sold).

I don't see it in him, think he is this generation's SWP, flashes of brilliance, but never enough consistently.

Back