• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Not in the squad for the MLS game, don't believe he forgot his passport, is he on his way out?

Well, there were clubs rumoured to be interested in him. Either he's picked up an injury during the last training session or he's off somewhere. If not Villa then perhaps someone like West Brom as part of any Berahino deal? They were apparently interested a few months back.

I hope we keep him

I suppose there is always hope he discovers some end product and about 30% more effort during games.

Then again there is always hope that the 67p i have in my wallet turns into £50 by lunchtime.

Both are as likely to happen.

I suppose there is always hope he discovers some end product and about 30% more effort during games.

Then again there is always hope that the 67p i have in my wallet turns into £50 by lunchtime.

Both are as likely to happen.

Nearly 90 games for us and he has not shown it so far, so I would not hold my breath for him to do so.

We're lucky to have a player like Townsend

Cost us nothing, English,England international,young,flashy,tricky....

All adds up, (for no particular reason ) to £15m quid

Get rid.

We dont play with wingers why would we buy one.

Why would you ike to keep him if we don't play with wingers?

I hate this myth that we don't play with wingers... Lennon played games for us before the fall out, Townsend played for us, would have more if he was any good - are they not wingers?!

Love these Football Manager types of - Lamela isn't a winger, he's an inside forward.... Fine, but he plays on the wing. And that's the position people mean when they talk about wingers!

Why would you ike to keep him if we don't play with wingers?

I hate this myth that we don't play with wingers... Lennon played games for us before the fall out, Townsend played for us, would have more if he was any good - are they not wingers?!

Love these Football Manager types of - Lamela isn't a winger, he's an inside forward.... Fine, but he plays on the wing. And that's the position people mean when they talk about wingers!

He doesn't he plays considerably further in field than a winger.

He doesn't he plays considerably further in field than a winger.

I don't think he does, he starts out wide and comes in. If everyone doesn't see him positioned on the wing why does EVERYONE of our formation like

Lamela-----Eriksen-----CHadli
------------Kane

and not

-----------Lamela/Eriksen/Chadli---------
---------------------Kane

Oh, it's because we all see him as being positioned on a wing, so can people stop playing semantics and saying "he's not a winger/we don't play with wingers"

I don't think he does, he starts out wide and comes in. If everyone doesn't see him positioned on the wing why does EVERYONE of our formation like

------------Kane

and not

Oh, it's because we all see him as being positioned on a wing, so can people stop playing semantics and saying "he's not a winger/we don't play with wingers"
It's not semantics.

Winger and inside forward (or whatever you want to call it) are two very, very different positions. Townsend may play like a winger at times, but that's because he has no brain - our formation requires no wingers at all.

------------Kane

and not

It is not semantics. The roles are different, the positions that they take up on the pitch are different, so people use different names so that they can differentiate.

Back