• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I am seriously concerned about us being linked to Moses as a replacement for Townsend
He isn't the best but at least he would offer an option to go wide. When he played for Liverpool, before they hit overdrive, they benefited greatly from being able to throw Moses on and stretch the play. He is underrated at the moment IMO.

Just can't see Poch wanting him though. Townsend, if only by virtue of naturally being an inverted winger, seems far more suited.

A couple of years ago I was really excited about Townsend, he showed a lot of potential. Since then he seems to have stagnated. I have almost lost faith.

If Poch can get him to kick on though, we could really have a top player on our hands - this season is make or break for him.

He isn't the best but at least he would offer an option to go wide. When he played for Liverpool, before they hit overdrive, they benefited greatly from being able to throw Moses on and stretch the play. He is underrated at the moment IMO.

When he played for Liverpool he was nothing more than a bit part player.

Last season for Stoke played just 19 games with most of them sub appearances. So far he has failed to deliver, £8m? I hope not

moses is an upgrade to townsend ... sell AT for 15 and pick up moses for 8 .... thats got levy written all over it.

Hopefully though chelsea don't sell and we flog townsend for any one silly enough to pay 15 mil

I can see why Poch would want Moses - can play wide or up top, pace and strength.
Anyone know what his work rate is like?

I have always been underwhelmed by him - struck me as a crap version of hulk.

But I can see how, in the right setup, he could be very effective - in that Emile Heskey kind of way. ( which I know will make people shudder, but Heskey was very effective. And sometimes you just need a bit of that - can be worth 9-12 points a season)

I can see why Poch would want Moses - can play wide or up top, pace and strength.
Anyone know what his work rate is like?

I have always been underwhelmed by him - struck me as a crap version of hulk.

But I can see how, in the right setup, he could be very effective - in that Emile Heskey kind of way. ( which I know will make people shudder, but Heskey was very effective. And sometimes you just need a bit of that - can be worth 9-12 points a season)

:D

When he played for Liverpool he was nothing more than a bit part player.

Last season for Stoke played just 19 games with most of them sub appearances. So far he has failed to deliver, £8m? I hope not

That's like calling Solskjaer a bit part player for United, Dzeko a bit part player for City, Ade or Chicharito a bit part player for Real. Sure they didn't play loads, but they were often used to great effect to change and win games.

Apart from Lennon, we have no players even remotely similar to Moses. He is worth considering as an option to switch games up.

As for his Stoke record, he was injured for most of last season.

That's like calling Solskjaer a bit part player for United, Dzeko a bit part player for City, Ade or Chicharito a bit part player for Real. Sure they didn't play loads, but they were often used to great effect to change and win games.

Apart from Lennon, we have no players even remotely similar to Moses. He is worth considering as an option to switch games up.

As for his Stoke record, he was injured for most of last season.

I have not really seen that in this league though, not for Chelsea, Liverpool or Stoke. Remind me where he has been used for great effect?

Moses is no upgrade

That is you opinion ( which of course you are entitled to), but after nearly 90 games for us I would expect Townsend to have shown improvement, head down, run with the ball, a couple of step overs, run into a blind alley, turn around and come back. He is a nightmare for players in the same team who make runs for him ( hoping to get played in) only for him to fail to do so.

I think Moses made too big a jump too soon. A natural move would have been to a club around our level, then once established for two/three seasons at us then move to a club like Chelsea....

I think Moses made too big a jump too soon. A natural move would have been to a club around our level, then once established for two/three seasons at us then move to a club like Chelsea....

Joins the long list ...

Re Townsend, can see us shifting him once there is a decent offer and/or we get a winger option.

That is you opinion ( which of course you are entitled to), but after nearly 90 games for us I would expect Townsend to have shown improvement, head down, run with the ball, a couple of step overs, run into a blind alley, turn around and come back. He is a nightmare for players in the same team who make runs for him ( hoping to get played in) only for him to fail to do so.

looking at the pre season footage on the OS he is still exactly the same in training

You comments about Townsend may be valid or otherwise, but either way they do not address the fact that Moses has not shown over the past 2 years (and yes, obviously in my opinion) that he is an upgrade. Also, even if I were to agree he was an upgrade (and I do not) the upgrade is so minimal that the difference is not worth it. Either stick with Townsend or invest in a player that is a marked improvement in on Townsend.

Moses is a winger and personally I think we should be buying only 2 types of wingers, either one that is good enough enough to walk straight into the starting line up or someone no older than 22 at the most with a lot of potential and room for improvement.

But my take on him has nothing to do with Chelsea, he was at Liverpool and was ordinary, and even at Stoke I saw some really ordinary performances from him.

Maybe my opinion of him is tarnished by numerous nondescript performances for Nigeria

Maybe I am in a minority but I have always thought to get a really good Townsend you need to play him on the left wing as a natural winger. He is naturally left footed and he can cross very well from the left, also playing on that flank reduces greatly his propensity to cut in and shoot the way he does on the opposite flank because he favour his left peg.

Back