• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

Anyone hear what AVB said on Utd's penalty?

Said that he felt that Wellbeck left a trailing leg on purpose and then said that this wasn't the first time a Utd player had done this against him (whilst he's been manager). Don't know many who would have the balls to say that, fair play.

AVB has basically just come out and had a go at Alan Sugar. Guess that means he was the guy briefing the press last week? Shameful if he did, I must say the criticisms did seem like they were coming from someone that didn't understand football.

It's funny, you see the camera cut to Levy when we concede against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and he looks completely unmoved. But the press will say 'Anyone that saw Levy's reaction to the performance knows he is not a happy man'. But the same thing today, camera cuts to Levy after Sandro's goal and he has the exact same reaction. He is unmoved. He has seen it all before. I think there is a tendency to paint him as a trigger happy chairman that expects instant results but really I don't think he is. I think he has been in football long enough now to know the peaks and troughs, and it didn't feel like this week it was his opinions that were being projected.

Much more likely Sugar and his dinosaur mates wondering why this fraud is in charge of their team, and still annoyed that we got rid of Harry who was a top geezer.

The thing that concerned me most about the shots of Levy in the directors' box, was how Joshua Levy seemed to be having to explain the game to Roy Hodgson.

AVB's burnt his bridges now if he ever wants to get into retro computers.

Anyone hear what AVB said on Utd's penalty?

Said that he felt that Wellbeck left a trailing leg on purpose and then said that this wasn't the first time a Utd player had done this against him (whilst he's been manager). Don't know many who would have the balls to say that, fair play.

At the time of the incident I called the Ref a cheat. But actually it was Wellbeck. Lloris went for the ball but kept his hands on the floor. He did not raise them to catch the players legs. Wellbeck made sure to trail he back leg along the ground which is an unatural movement for a player going at speed to make sure he go contact with some part of Lloris and go down. So there is contact but its all playacting on Wellbecks part. He must be learning from Young.

Wow um yeh ok. It was a clear penalty and it really doesn't even matter if he left his left foot trailing (which tbh it didn't look like he did anyway). Lloris tripped his foot and got absolutely no contact on the ball whatsoever.

AVB has basically just come out and had a go at Alan Sugar. Guess that means he was the guy briefing the press last week? Shameful if he did, I must say the criticisms did seem like they were coming from someone that didn't understand football.

It's funny, you see the camera cut to Levy when we concede against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and he looks completely unmoved. But the press will say 'Anyone that saw Levy's reaction to the performance knows he is not a happy man'. But the same thing today, camera cuts to Levy after Sandro's goal and he has the exact same reaction. He is unmoved. He has seen it all before. I think there is a tendency to paint him as a trigger happy chairman that expects instant results but really I don't think he is. I think he has been in football long enough now to know the peaks and troughs, and it didn't feel like this week it was his opinions that were being projected.

Much more likely Sugar and his dinosaur mates wondering why this fraud is in charge of their team, and still annoyed that we got rid of Harry who was a top geezer.

I think perhaps Levy's biggest flaw is his hiring record. Someone made a great point in another thread, I can't remember who it was, that he seems to like hiring managers who have done well at clubs where the system is similar to what Levy wants here. Not bad by itself of course but by the very nature of the kind of system we want, the manager becomes less important than at other clubs. Perhaps he would have been better served focusing on managers themselves, rather than managers in systems. Don't know if I've articulated that well enough to make sense there.

Still, all of his hiring and firing has always been with the club's best interests in mind and each one has moved the club forward a level (the debatable one there I guess is Redknapp to AVB but I don't think Redknapp was fired for purely football reasons and that is a discussion for another thread).

We've had a lot of players under ENIC that have ended up moving to bigger and better clubs because they have done so well here. Every manager unfortunately has had to be moved on by us. I really hope we can find one that we either keep or who ends up moving to a better club because that means they've done an outstanding job.

Wow um yeh ok. It was a clear penalty and it really doesn't even matter if he left his left foot trailing (which tbh it didn't look like he did anyway). Lloris tripped his foot and got absolutely no contact on the ball whatsoever.

Welbeck touched the ball away from Lloris. Lloris didn't touch the ball. At all. Lloris did clip Welbeck's foot.

I'm not sure what kind of contact people would be willing to accept as a penalty?

During an astonishing post-match press conference, the Spurs manager also confronted a national newspaper journalist and claimed members of the media have insulted his integrity

BET=MNU£17.5DRAW£36EVE£47.5Andre Villas-Boas has accused former Tottenham owner Lord Sugar of driving an “agenda” against him and lashed out at members of the media attacking his integrity.

The Spurs manager has come under pressure since the humiliating 6-0 defeat to Emirates Marketing Project last weekend, with his side ninth in the Premier League and 10 points behind leaders Arsenal after Sunday’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United.

Villas-Boas, who was sacked by Chelsea in March 2012, claimed Sugar - who has questioned the Portuguese on Twitter and in radio interviews - has been one of the chief influences as the Portuguese finds his position under scrutiny.

"I think it's a very driven agenda by somebody that doesn't honour the club, neither myself nor my players,” Villas-Boas told BBC Radio Five.

"It's [the fans’] team, their passion and they don't trade it for anything else, not like Alan Sugar who trades it for money.”

While Villas-Boas looked to play down his criticism of Sugar in his post-match press conference, the 36-year-old turned his attention to the media and singled out one journalist from a national newspaper.

Asked whether he had been shown enough respect, Villas-Boas responded: “I think it’s pretty clear. I don’t think so. Some people insult my integrity, my values, my professionalism.

“One of these people is sitting over here and insults the success that I have achieved at other clubs. And I don’t think it’s fair, I think it’s a lack of respect and an attack on a person’s integrity.

During a tense exchange with the journalist, Villas Boas added: “You have always chased people, you attack people. You don’t attack them by the front, you attack them sitting when you write. You attack integrities, you attack competence, the integrity of a person, their human values and you don’t even know that person.

“We never got a chance to sit down and speak about it. Only when I give you that chance, and I know you and you know me, are you able to reach conclusions like the ones you did. I think your articles were completely out of order.”

Well Jol is available, if anyone is harking for the good old days...

AVB is old aristocracy isn't he. Probably doesn't like all these two-bob millionaires and their non-hereditary titles.

Seems like the journo in question is Neil Ashton from The Daily Mail

A dirty ****ing gooner I think you will find, anybody on here who makes light of arsenal being top please look at this **** of a journo...I mean **** of a 'gooner'!
It does matter that they are top and we are now 10 points behind them - if you do not believe this you're either a long distance spurs fan or not a spurs fan!

After a good performance today I'm really not sure this was the time to blow. AVB all-in.

That is quality from AVB, fair play. Was it definitely Ashton at the Mail? I'm going to love to see how they report on him this week?

A dirty ****ing gooner I think you will find, anybody on here who makes light of arsenal being top please look at this **** of a journo...I mean **** of a 'gooner'!
It does matter that they are top and we are now 10 points behind them - if you do not believe this you're either a long distance spurs fan or not a spurs fan!

He supports Crystal palace

I think that's smart from AVB. Shift some focus away from the players and onto himself. Make the press think twice about writing negative stuff about us and him and make the refs think twice about giving penalties against us.

He supports Crystal palace

Are you sure? He the one on talksport who used to talk up **** all the time? Pretty sure he was a gooner. I'll hold my hands up and say I am wrong on this one.

Last edited:

Ok cool, I get them mixed up. What about matt scott, he was the one I was thinking of!

Back